00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NisoXD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Feedback wanted for my new showreel

551 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi guys,

I'd be very grateful if you could check out my new reel and bung me any feedback you may have.

Tim's Reel 2013

Positive or negative, it all helps me to develop for the future.

Many thanks.

Response to Feedback wanted for my new showreel 2013-01-23 12:13:10

My only criticism is that it starts a bit slow. Nearly ten seconds of intro, followed by some of your less visually impressive pieces. It's over thirty seconds before we really get into the thick of it. I'd say use that pulse at the beginning to show quick clips of your best work, that way you catch the eye and interest of your viewer more quickly. Just a thought.

Your work is solid though, great job overall!

Response to Feedback wanted for my new showreel 2013-01-24 15:43:56

I'd say similar to SafePlagiarism, really fantastic reel, but starts off so slow in terms of what content you're showing!

I'd say either get rid of the logo or have a 2-3 second version of it. The quick cuts to the music at the beginning is a really great idea and works really well, it just looks like blander footage compared to the stuff you show later.

Also, I didn't get much of a sense of what you could do with 2d anim until much later too. Wouldn't have even realised you could do 2d if I'd been skimming this reel along with a dozen others.

Really great reel, just tiny bit of reorganising and to get that good stuff up first, I'd say!

Response to Feedback wanted for my new showreel 2013-01-24 22:02:58

Nice show reel. I hope it gets you a gig.

Response to Feedback wanted for my new showreel 2013-01-26 00:00:30

I'm just an amateur, so I don't really have any sort of useful feedback. But I'd like to know what program you did this with.

I apologize in advance.