• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
A little truth Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 01:42 AM Reply

"Be yourself!" they said.
"Follow your dream!" they said.
"Don't be afraid!" they said.
And we finally grew up and wanted to be ourselves, we were told that we have to do this and that and think like this and that. We were told to do things because others do them. We saw that those individuals who are slightly different are mocked and made fun off. So we built walls around ourselves, we suppressed our thoughts and ideas in order to live up to their expectations. We wore masks and we pretended until the masks became part of our faces and we couldn't tell that they were there anymore.
And our dream? What dream? We're spooned ideas of what success is. We are made to think that we cannot contribute to the world, that none of us can really make a change and we'd be lucky to find a job. Our heads are filled with ideas which dictate that success depends on how much cash you have in the bank when in reality, it is living life the way you want.
We are told to be fearless, but then we're so brainwashed that fear becomes part of us. We are afraid of losing the approval of those whom we love. We are afraid of failing so we don't even try and we end up living a life full of regrets and what ifs.
My dear reader, the most dangerous chains are the invisible ones. They hold your spirit captive, imprison your mind, take hold of your dreams, slaughter your new ideas, suppress your brilliance and gradually take from you the most valuable thing, hope.
It is only when you become aware of those chains that you have hope at setting yourself free from them. But how do you recognize those chains?
In order to see them, you simply have to watch rather than see and listen rather than hear. Question every single thing that is considered "normal" and hopefully you will start to see the line between the truth and what you are spooned.
Good Luck!

A little truth

Sparkley
Sparkley
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to A little truth Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 06:09 PM Reply

Go listen to some Iggy and the Stooges.

Mmm. Oh, yeah. That's good. That's a nice apple.

AngelofPeace
AngelofPeace
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to A little truth Feb. 4th, 2013 @ 09:46 PM Reply

They said to do it, not that it would be easy.
And I do it. It's uncomfortable, it's scary, it's awkward, but I do it.
And you know what?

...Never mind, I lost my train of thought.