New Topic Respond to this Topic
IDontKnowCorp
IDontKnowCorp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Some wicked audio lag Jan. 22nd, 2013 @ 11:40 PM Reply

Hello any and all who read these, for reasons as yet unbeknownst to me, in any long flash files i export, the sounds usually get a pretty heavy audio lag towards the end of my animations, usually by about a second or two.

The sounds line up properly on the time line (when played via scrubbing in flash) and are all set to 'stream' under the properties menu. I've been exporting them as MP3 at a bit rate of 128 kbps with 'medium' quality selected (dropping them to 80 kbps and fast quality helped a little, but there was a noticeable drop in the... niceness?).

I'm running mx 2004 (so maybe it's just bad mojo between this archaic program and the new flash players).

Regardless, if anyone has anything remotely useful to add, I would very much appreciate it.

MSGhero
MSGhero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to Some wicked audio lag Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 12:17 AM Reply

At 1/22/13 11:40 PM, IDontKnowCorp wrote: Hello any and all who read these, for reasons as yet unbeknownst to me, in any long flash files i export, the sounds usually get a pretty heavy audio lag towards the end of my animations, usually by about a second or two.

The sounds line up properly on the time line (when played via scrubbing in flash) and are all set to 'stream' under the properties menu. I've been exporting them as MP3 at a bit rate of 128 kbps with 'medium' quality selected (dropping them to 80 kbps and fast quality helped a little, but there was a noticeable drop in the... niceness?).

I'm running mx 2004 (so maybe it's just bad mojo between this archaic program and the new flash players).

Regardless, if anyone has anything remotely useful to add, I would very much appreciate it.

Mix all the audio into one big mp3. The desyncing comes from Flash having to start playing audio each time, which adds up over time to that lag. So if you just have 1 audio file, it only has to start playing once, and you don't get the lag.