New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheB055
TheB055
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Castle crashers picture 2013-01-22 15:00:42 Reply

Hello everybody its the boss here. I have just recently finished a picture(shown below) about castle crashers! So this is supposed to be a kid doodle type picture, to play with shading and drawing! Constructive criticism Welcome. But please don't be that trolling asshole! If it can use work tell me why. Thank you

Castle crashers picture

TheB055
TheB055
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Castle crashers picture 2013-01-22 15:02:14 Reply

this may look better

Castle crashers picture

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Castle crashers picture 2013-01-22 15:15:17 Reply

I know you've got another thread, but I think it'll be better to stick with this new one.

The best bit is the orange Castle Crasher, he's got a great cartoony style, and since he's got an arrow in the back of his head, I'm unsurprised that he's crying!

Overall I think the content of the pic is in the corners (crasher, bird, archer), which makes your pic look empty ... even though you've got a lot going on. It's a bit late now, but I would make the castle crasher bigger, giving him a bit more dominance in the pic.

You've also got a lot of different lineweights, especially with the archer, which makes it look like it doesn't belong in the same pic. Similar linewidths would provide a uniformity to the pic, bringing everything together.

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Castle crashers picture 2013-01-22 15:17:27 Reply

At 1/22/13 03:15 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: It's a bit late now, but I would make the castle crasher bigger, giving him a bit more dominance in the pic.

... on second thoughts, I'd bring him more to the centre. Making him bigger would be rubbish.

BBS Signature
TheB055
TheB055
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Castle crashers picture 2013-01-22 15:31:35 Reply

Thank you, next picture i will take your thoughts into consideration. and also, any ideas for next pic