Be a Supporter!
quadratic1711
quadratic1711
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
How do we know? Jan. 22nd, 2013 @ 11:37 AM Reply

How do we know when we're in love? How do we know who is the one? How?
Is it when we feel that we are suffocating when that person is not around that we say we are in love with them? Is it when we get so happy when they're around? Is it when we only truly smile when we see them? Is it when our days become dull without them?
This is really confusing me and I need your help. How do I know?

AngelofPeace
AngelofPeace
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to How do we know? Jan. 22nd, 2013 @ 08:47 PM Reply

At 1/22/13 11:37 AM, quadratic1711 wrote: How do we know when we're in love? How do we know who is the one? How?
Is it when we feel that we are suffocating when that person is not around that we say we are in love with them? Is it when we get so happy when they're around? Is it when we only truly smile when we see them? Is it when our days become dull without them?
This is really confusing me and I need your help. How do I know?

You've confused love with something called INFATUATION. Infatuation is what you're feeling right now. You'll know it's love when the ooey-gooey feelings wear off and you are still willing to compromise and sacrifice for this person and put their wants and needs ahead of your own.

A lot of people think love is a feeling, but it's much more than that. Are you willing to give up the most important thing you own or enjoy doing for this person, without expecting anything in return? If so, you're in love. If not, then, well...it's just feelings of attraction.