BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Musician
Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 02:41 AM

At 1/24/13 02:24 AM, MickeyMao wrote:
What the fuck, RealMuzikProductions isn't even scouted for the Audio Portal...

That account has been un-scouted and you can't vote on it currently. However you can still leave reviews.

do I have to scout the account to drop a 2 rating on it?

You can't scout an artist while he or she is banned.

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 05:54 AM

At 1/24/13 02:41 AM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 1/24/13 02:24 AM, MickeyMao wrote:
What the fuck, RealMuzikProductions isn't even scouted for the Audio Portal...
That account has been un-scouted and you can't vote on it currently. However you can still leave reviews.

Well, it's two accounts (TheEyeofMusik and RealMuzikProductions), so can't he just re-scout himself? I'm not too familiar with how that works really.

shieldurhope
shieldurhope
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 06:20 AM

Both accounts are unscouted, so they can't scout each other. Another Q: Why does he come up when the approved artist filter is on? Or is it just me?

AxTekk
AxTekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 03
Musician
Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 01:26 PM

Wow, I have to say, I think it's awesome you guys dealt with this problem in the least dramatic most effective way. Time will tell if it's sufficient, but for serious. Dope moves.

Chemich
Chemich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 01:58 PM

At 1/24/13 01:26 PM, AxTekk wrote: Wow, I have to say, I think it's awesome you guys dealt with this problem in the least dramatic most effective way. Time will tell if it's sufficient, but for serious. Dope moves.

Well that's what happens when the entire community pitches in their opinions and perspectives in a mature way, things get done and progress is had. To be honest the NG Moderation team is one of the best I've seen compared to most other communities, since in my opinion the pro's outweigh the cons.

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 02:03 PM

At 1/24/13 01:58 PM, Chemich wrote: To be honest the NG Moderation team is one of the best I've seen compared to most other communities, since in my opinion the pro's outweigh the cons.

I love you. That's a very nice thing to hear considering usually what we do is a completely thankless job.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
AxTekk
AxTekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 03
Musician
Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 05:17 PM

At 1/24/13 01:58 PM, Chemich wrote:
At 1/24/13 01:26 PM, AxTekk wrote: Wow, I have to say, I think it's awesome you guys dealt with this problem in the least dramatic most effective way. Time will tell if it's sufficient, but for serious. Dope moves.
Well that's what happens when the entire community pitches in their opinions and perspectives in a mature way, things get done and progress is had. To be honest the NG Moderation team is one of the best I've seen compared to most other communities, since in my opinion the pro's outweigh the cons.

Lol don't get me wrong, the mods probably get a worse rep than they deserve, but I think on this one the bulk of the thanks goes to Tom and Wade for listening to us and any mods who didn't brush this off as "bitching" or "whining".

JakobePaulobe
JakobePaulobe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 05:46 PM

If they're unscouted why are they still showing up in the approved artists charts? They take up the entire first page of modern hip-hop still and now we can't even vote on the tracks.

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Musician
Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 05:59 PM

At 1/24/13 05:17 PM, AxTekk wrote:
Lol don't get me wrong, the mods probably get a worse rep than they deserve, but I think on this one the bulk of the thanks goes to Tom and Wade for listening to us and any mods who didn't brush this off as "bitching" or "whining".

You'll have to understand that this wasn't the first time DJSes was brought up. As I explained earlier, the audio mods involved in the investigation were initially skeptical because of previous lack of proof.

However, be rest assured, in every reported incidence, audio mods worked closely with Wade, and/or Liljim & Tom in order to determine the best possible course of action.

Thank-you for your attention.

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 06:55 PM

I'm just wondering, but how does the 2 accounts getting unscouted change anything? He's just gonna get his labelmates to scout him again. I'm so confused as to how this solves the problem.

WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 07:06 PM

At 1/24/13 06:55 PM, Teqneek wrote: I'm just wondering, but how does the 2 accounts getting unscouted change anything? He's just gonna get his labelmates to scout him again. I'm so confused as to how this solves the problem.

We're trying different things to see what will work, please be patient as we work through this.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER
Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK
Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Musician
Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 07:08 PM

At 1/24/13 06:55 PM, Teqneek wrote: I'm just wondering, but how does the 2 accounts getting unscouted change anything? He's just gonna get his labelmates to scout him again. I'm so confused as to how this solves the problem.

Seeing as that he's currently banned for copyright violations, he can't be scouted in the first place.

SonicJ
SonicJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 10:54 PM

At 1/23/13 10:51 PM, Chrausner wrote:
At 1/23/13 09:06 PM, MickeyMao wrote:
Er-hem, extra experience by reviewing?Then people could just write rubbish reviews to gain additional EXP. You can't expect every single person to write constructive reviews if they do it only for extra EXP. Of course, there are quite some good reviewers out there, but there are bound to be people who will abuse it; those who want to zero-bomb submissions with great power could just leave one-line reviews that aren't abusive and gain voting power like that.

Every single aspect of this site that deals with feedback has a could / should / would about it. Everything. Newgrounds has done a great job overhauling the review system for the audio portal over the years. The review guide lines were enforced and the rules became more clear, while maintaining a position of constructive criticism. No more "oh, I see you like fl studio" 2/5 reviews, for example.

With that said, I agree with the idea of exp for reviews. What if newgrounds organized a audio portal task force that moderated auto portal reviews? Mods can already delete reviews on audio portal submissions. Heck, even if there was no exp benefit to leaving reviews, I would love to help artists receive constructive reviews for songs they submitted, and cull out reviews that are against policy.

Audio portal reviews : A detailed discussion and study
Leave a random artist a constructive review. You never know how that could help.

BBS Signature
WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 12:13 PM

After unscouting him his tracks should have been removed from the listing. Obviously that hasn't worked, so there maybe a bug. We will look into it, but I can't say when that will happen. It's on the to-do list.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 01:02 PM

Looks like we found a work around.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Musician
AxTekk
AxTekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 03
Musician
Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 01:29 PM

At 1/25/13 01:02 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Looks like we found a work around.

Fuckyeah.jpg

Justice has been restored.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 02:09 PM

Umm. I don't see anything. I DO see submissions with abnormally low ratings, but where is this DJ ses and his contest? Has he been promptly dealt with already?
And hows he doing this? 50 alt accounts or what? Not even a 5 vote from me raised the score of anything very high.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Musician
Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 02:21 PM

At 1/25/13 01:02 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Looks like we found a work around.

That essentially translates to the fact that I ended up having to remove them from the charts manually one by one.

-___________________________________________-

It was a combination of factors not necessarily including or excluding the possibility of vote manipulation that lead to us decide to un-scout DJSes.

Please note that he is not banned from submitting music onto his personal profile and you can still listen to and review his audio from there.

Furthermore, as a warning, do not take this as a license to direct any form of abuse towards his account or person. You are all expected to adhere to rules and regulations of this site, and violations will be dealt with accordingly.

Thank-you for your attention.

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 02:38 PM

Hey whaddayaknow? I'M ON PAGE 1 OF THE CHARTS- FINALLY!

Thank you mods and staff, and thanks to the community for speaking up!

AxTekk
AxTekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 03
Musician
Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 07:38 PM

At 1/25/13 02:21 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: That essentially translates to the fact that I ended up having to remove them from the charts manually one by one.

-___________________________________________-

Thanks BrokenDeck, much appreciated! :D

Well, tonight I'm fishing for new music in the newly clean modern portal. I guess I could be out clubbing with my friends, or studying, or reading, or sleeping or writing but tonight's a special night.

*pours self large glass of vinyard-grape juice and puts Sennheisers on*

Vashelite
Vashelite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 07:27 PM

Lol why am I being brought into this..........

V-A-S-H-E-L-I-T-E

Teqneek
Teqneek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 08:30 PM

At 1/26/13 07:27 PM, Vashelite wrote: Lol why am I being brought into this..........

AHAHAHAHA, you were brought into this under the radar, but now you publicly made yourself all up in this, SON!

Wade asked how I found out about Ses using proxies and stuff to cheat the site, and I just filled him in on our conversation from a few months ago.

Vashelite
Vashelite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 10:36 AM

At 1/26/13 08:30 PM, Teqneek wrote:
At 1/26/13 07:27 PM, Vashelite wrote: Lol why am I being brought into this..........
AHAHAHAHA, you were brought into this under the radar, but now you publicly made yourself all

Nice...... Dick

V-A-S-H-E-L-I-T-E

RezzyTip
RezzyTip
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 02:53 PM

Justice.

Big ups to the mods who helped

BBS Signature
TheEyeOfMusiK
TheEyeOfMusiK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 09:09 AM

Wow? another thread? Ya'll got too much time on ya hands man

and ya'll be snitching like THAT doe??
I could only image ya'll in real life..

Only reason why this was "less dramatic" is because I don't give a fuck and conquered newgrounds.com every way possible. Everything I wanted to accomplish when I first made an account in 05 has been accomplished. So I ain't got no worries. Only thing that's f*cked up is it's not fear to my fans.

The evidence to ban me was poor and seemed more personal than anything.

But, it's ok to fuck the black guy over I guess, the majority of ya'll racist on the low anyway. I'm out

shieldurhope
shieldurhope
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 02:08 PM

There's a couple things that you said that confuse me:

1) you said you don't care (cos u already "conquered" NG). So why are posting you here? complaining? Pointing out your indifference? You are the second loudest apathetic person I've met. If you don't care, then don't show that you care.

2) idk how you can you can accuse the majority of being racist. Your evidence for this "was poor and seemed more personal than anything". You seemed to be the most racially conscience on this this thread and I think your just fishing for sympathy (or trying to make others feel guilty). If you are proud of your achievements, then don't show insecurity.

Ses, when I imagine you in real life I don't see a conqueror or a super-successful artist. I see a teary-eyed man who pushed too far and can't face the consequences. Your reply to this thread was unnecessary, motivated by some hurt you're trying to hide and I suggest you just stop now.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 02:12 PM

At 2/27/13 09:09 AM, TheEyeOfMusiK wrote: conquered newgrounds.com every way possible.

Yeah, you really went far....

Dj Ses Is Ruining Ng Hip Hop

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature