New Topic Respond to this Topic
Chemich
Chemich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Shady Proposition Jan. 22nd, 2013 @ 09:27 PM Reply

At 1/22/13 09:24 PM, Bosa wrote: Account deleted.

There are no lawyers. It's one or two guys trying to get some stupid music site started without paying any money out of their own pocket. You see this pile of crap all the time. Enough said.

Ladies and Gentlemen we have a King; thank you sir, I hope you continue to serve us as a whole.

You da best.

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to Shady Proposition Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 05:11 AM Reply

At 1/22/13 09:24 PM, Bosa wrote: Account deleted.

There are no lawyers. It's one or two guys trying to get some stupid music site started without paying any money out of their own pocket. You see this pile of crap all the time. Enough said.

It was pretty obvious that there were no lawyers, let alone not the best... None of them would make such a stupid mistake in their T&Cs that we can't point them out. And besides, at least over here, if the terms of the contract are difficult to understand, they'll be interpreted against the party relying on them. In this case, the music site.

Guess it helps that musicians have to be lawyers and accountants all at once.

AMDG ✝

Troisnyx [TWRA-nix]: Someone from whom you can find wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff.

BBS Signature
stratkat
stratkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Shady Proposition Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 05:58 AM Reply

The site didn't interest me much, I didn't even click the link to the site.

I have enough places to upload my music, and am pretty content with NG's creative commons thing it has going for other people to spread my music.

Elitistinen
Elitistinen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Shady Proposition Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 05:32 PM Reply

The jerk just sent me a PM, he's in my blocklist until hell freezes.

Sig by Decimating

BBS Signature
SkyeWintrest
SkyeWintrest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Shady Proposition Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 06:09 PM Reply

At 1/24/13 05:32 PM, Elitistinen wrote: The jerk just sent me a PM, he's in my blocklist until hell freezes.

I'm fairly sure that's when the temperature of the universe reaches -666 degrees Kelvin.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
midimachine
midimachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Shady Proposition Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 06:41 PM Reply

i didnt get this PM and im more important than all of you wtf!!!

p.s. i am gay

samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Shady Proposition Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 07:10 PM Reply

At 1/24/13 06:41 PM, midimachine wrote: i didnt get this PM and im more important than all of you wtf!!!

better luck next indie music site spam attempt!

My Music - Game Dev./Music Tutorials - Website
Orchestral/Cinematic Composer

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Shady Proposition Jan. 24th, 2013 @ 11:24 PM Reply

At 1/24/13 06:41 PM, midimachine wrote: i didnt get this PM and im more important than all of you wtf!!!

I got 2... you jelly?

Audio/BBS Mod
---News: Ask Me Anything (Answers Video!)---Music: Only The Beginning---
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Zafrece
Zafrece
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Shady Proposition Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 12:24 AM Reply

At 1/24/13 11:24 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
I got 2... you jelly?

I'm swelling with mass amounts of pure envy.

GhostingFish
GhostingFish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Shady Proposition Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 06:22 PM Reply

At 1/21/13 02:44 PM, Zafrece wrote: I recently received this pm and figured i should blow the lid off of this before people fall prey. The first paragraph is the user agreement i read through and nabed this part out of. The second paragraph is the copy pasta that i assume is being sent like aids in Africa to every ones pm box.( pardon me if im some how breaking forum rules, i just figured id share this in hopes i can save some people from being idiots)

7. Proprietary Rights. All Website content, including User content, is protected under international law and is owned by FM, its licensors, or the party accredited as the provider. Unless expressly authorized, and with the exception of a UserâEUTMs own User Content, User agrees not to sell, license, modify, distribute, reproduce, publicly display or perform, publish, or create derivative works from content available on the Website.

Hello Zafrece,
I am contacting you in regards to a partnership that I think would benefit us both. My name is Ron and I am from FreeingMusic. FreeingMusic is dedicated to helping artists share, promote, and receive compensation for their music. It is a website that offers a larger share of ad revenues for your music. Your music is free for the public to download. We compensate you for each of these downloads with all the ad revenue.Moreover, there is a contest with $1000s in prizes. Our contest is run by the listeners, if you get the most votes you win $1000. There are also second and third place prizes and this contest runs non stop, year roundOnce one ends the next begins. Plus you get compensated for all the downloads you recieve during the contestIf you have any questions feel free to ask me here :)
For more information visit: xxxxxxxxx

Thanks for making this known man. I received the same message, and I was displeased. This user Just joined a few days ago, most likely just to get people to go to his site to win money? ( sounds like a scam ). Very Shady indeed. He has no respect nor intention to be a participant of the newgrounds community. Also, I would only be partners with people that can spell "receive" (he spelled it as "recieve") and at least puts spaces between his punctuations.

"And in retrospect, I say we've done no wrong. Who are we to judge what is right, and what has purpose for us?"

CidiousClef
CidiousClef
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Shady Proposition Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 06:26 PM Reply

I got it right after uploading my most terrible song yet, so I was wondering what was up with that.

Do they just not have quality control or something?

BBS Signature
Misanthrum
Misanthrum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Shady Proposition Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 08:52 PM Reply

just got it today lol

rules aren't what keep me in abidance.

Zafrece
Zafrece
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Shady Proposition Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 10:18 PM Reply

At 1/25/13 08:52 PM, DoxOfficial wrote: just got it today lol

I'm surprised with the negative attention he's gotten recently, and the attention of mods, that he's still sending them to ppl.

DjAbbic
DjAbbic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Shady Proposition Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 05:52 AM Reply

I just got one also.

I read this thread before I received it, so thanks for the heads up :).

New complextro demo

I do not swear, smoke or drink alcohol. Oh sh*t! My cigarette just fell in my can of beer!

BBS Signature
Misanthrum
Misanthrum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Shady Proposition Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 08:26 AM Reply

At 1/25/13 10:18 PM, Zafrece wrote:
At 1/25/13 08:52 PM, DoxOfficial wrote: just got it today lol
I'm surprised with the negative attention he's gotten recently, and the attention of mods, that he's still sending them to ppl.

most likely created an account on here just to get people over to the site he mentioned, thus never looking at the forums, content, etc..

CheckeredZebra
CheckeredZebra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Shady Proposition Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 12:29 PM Reply

The amount of people that get the PM might could be less than the amount that read this topic. That's probably why PMs from him are still being sent out.
(At least, given enough time that could become true.) :U

It certainly can't hurt him, at least.

Elitistinen
Elitistinen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Shady Proposition Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 12:30 PM Reply

I wonder if someone already falls for his scam.

Sig by Decimating

BBS Signature
Misanthrum
Misanthrum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Shady Proposition Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 12:45 PM Reply

At 1/26/13 12:30 PM, Elitistinen wrote: I wonder if someone already falls for his scam.

i'll admit that i replied to it saying "thanks for the invite i'll register", and registered, but then i deleted uponcoming back here and seeing this lol

Zafrece
Zafrece
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Shady Proposition Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 11:17 PM Reply

At 1/26/13 12:45 PM, DoxOfficial wrote:
At 1/26/13 12:30 PM, Elitistinen wrote: I wonder if someone already falls for his scam.
i'll admit that i replied to it saying "thanks for the invite i'll register", and registered, but then i deleted uponcoming back here and seeing this lol

Read terms of agreements always (facepalm)

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Musician
Response to Shady Proposition Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 11:46 PM Reply

Looks like he remade his account and started spamming PMs again.

That was taken care of as well, but if you get any more similar-looking PMs from this "company" PM Wade immediately, or if you don't get a replay within a couple of days, PM one of the audio mods and we can try and get in contact with Wade. Make sure you include the name of the account you got the spam PM from.

Thank-you for your attention

Zafrece
Zafrece
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Shady Proposition Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 03:39 AM Reply

At 1/26/13 11:46 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: Looks like he remade his account and started spamming PMs again.

That was taken care of as well, but if you get any more similar-looking PMs from this "company" PM Wade immediately, or if you don't get a replay within a couple of days, PM one of the audio mods and we can try and get in contact with Wade. Make sure you include the name of the account you got the spam PM from.

Thank-you for your attention

I'm still rather unfamiliar with all the mods at this point, would it be possible to give a list of them or find one some where that we could get in touch with if the problem arises again?

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Musician
Response to Shady Proposition Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 03:44 AM Reply

The most active mods in the audio area AFAIK are...

Back-From-Purgatory
jarryDN
Sequenced
Step

I know some of the others pop in from time to time as well, but I don't see them online as much?

Oh and of course, I'm in here fairly often lol

Bitfrost
Bitfrost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Shady Proposition Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 03:15 AM Reply

he apparently has a new username now

Shady Proposition

StaticBlu
StaticBlu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Shady Proposition Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 08:48 AM Reply

At 2/5/13 03:15 AM, Bitfrost wrote: he apparently has a new username now

Yep I just got the same message from the same guy. Now the poor part of me said, "maybe I should" While the logical smacked him in the face and said, "You idiot! What about your ownership rights and credit?" So yeah WAY to shady for me to even consider. If it's too good to be true, then it probably is.

I wonder if he has a pattern for selecting musicians?

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to Shady Proposition Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 11:35 AM Reply

At 2/5/13 08:48 AM, StaticBlu wrote:
At 2/5/13 03:15 AM, Bitfrost wrote: he apparently has a new username now
Yep I just got the same message from the same guy. Now the poor part of me said, "maybe I should" While the logical smacked him in the face and said, "You idiot! What about your ownership rights and credit?" So yeah WAY to shady for me to even consider. If it's too good to be true, then it probably is.

I wonder if he has a pattern for selecting musicians?

He's targeted a lot of the regulars on the AP save for one or two (strangely enough, those few people he missed were moderators, Midimachine included). I cannot say if he finds them from the Audio Forums, or from the top of each audio category for the month/year/all-time.

I certainly hope he didn't go blindly for all of them though, because it'd be a slap in his face if he finds that there are professional audio users who are already making some earnings from the work they do.

AMDG ✝

Troisnyx [TWRA-nix]: Someone from whom you can find wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff.

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Musician
Response to Shady Proposition Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 12:38 PM Reply

Wade's just bookmarked "MikleBlunt" for deletion.

Just keep on reporting this lamewad as soon as you see a new PM from him, and we will keep on deleting him.

Stay vigilant!

Elitistinen
Elitistinen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Shady Proposition Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 01:20 PM Reply

Why don't the admins just IP ban him so little asshat can't put another mask on and continue with his scam show?

Sig by Decimating

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Musician
Response to Shady Proposition Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 01:27 PM Reply

Some good reading.

http://www.business.ftc.gov/documents/bus61-can-spam-act-com pliance-guide-business

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAN-SPAM_Act_of_2003

So within all of that technical jargon, if someone can actally decipher something that this guy can be nailed on, let us know.

Zafrece
Zafrece
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Shady Proposition Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 02:25 PM Reply

At 2/5/13 01:27 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: Some good reading.

http://www.business.ftc.gov/documents/bus61-can-spam-act-com pliance-guide-business

So within all of that technical jargon, if someone can actally decipher something that this guy can be nailed on, let us know.

x-x. Any law students out there? lol

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to Shady Proposition Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 02:27 PM Reply

At 2/5/13 02:25 PM, Zafrece wrote:
At 2/5/13 01:27 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: Some good reading.

x-x. Any law students out there? lol

I am, if you consider UK intellectual property and cyber laws anything to go by.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature