00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Movies with bad reviews but = Fine

1,129 Views | 16 Replies

I watched the sci fi movie Outlander yesterday. And I was expecting a horrible movie thanks to reviews online.

However I was surprised at how awesome i found it. Ok it's no Prometheus budget movie but it still was very entertaing.

Do you know a movie that was bashed in reviews but was actually very entertaining?

For those intrested
IGN:"Outlander begins when a space craft crashes into the majestic fjords of ancient Norway and into the time of the Vikings. From the wreckage emerge two bitter enemies: a soldier from another world -- Kainan (James Caviezel) -- and a bloodthirsty creature known as the Moorwen. Man and monster both seeking revenge for violence committed against them. As the Moorwen ravages the Viking world, killing everything in its path, Kainan forms an unlikely alliance with the primitive but fierce warriors. Combining his advanced technology with ancient Iron Age weapons, the hero leads a desperate attempt to kill the monster - before it destroys them all."

Beware spoilers! :D
youtube link

Response to Movies with bad reviews but = Fine 2013-01-20 15:56:36

Of course it's all subjective, but:
-Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World is a film from last year that I really liked, but it got average scores
-Plenty of comedies I enjoyed got mediocre reviews (e.g. The Naked Gun series)
-Vanilla Sky was good in my opinion, if you cut out the ending that blatantly explains everything
-I can't think of any right now, but you have those "so bad, it's funny" films.

I could probably come up with more, but that's it for now.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Movies with bad reviews but = Fine 2013-01-20 16:09:31

Office Space got bad reviews if I remember correctly, but I thought it was a good time.

Those who do not learn from the mistakes of their past are doomed to repeat them.

Response to Movies with bad reviews but = Fine 2013-01-20 19:19:35

At 1/20/13 03:24 PM, ThunderGearINC wrote: For those intrested
IGN:"Outlander begins when a space craft crashes into the majestic fjords of ancient Norway and into the time of the Vikings. From the wreckage emerge two bitter enemies: a soldier from another world -- Kainan (James Caviezel) -- and a bloodthirsty creature known as the Moorwen. Man and monster both seeking revenge for violence committed against them. As the Moorwen ravages the Viking world, killing everything in its path, Kainan forms an unlikely alliance with the primitive but fierce warriors. Combining his advanced technology with ancient Iron Age weapons, the hero leads a desperate attempt to kill the monster - before it destroys them all."

Beware spoilers! :D
youtube link

I've seen outlander, and liked it a lot myself.
What really annoys me is shitty movies getting excellent reviews, for instance, I didn't really enjoy prometheus all that much.

Response to Movies with bad reviews but = Fine 2013-01-20 19:21:53

Jack and Jill was the greatest movie of all time, with spectacular performances by Adam Sandler and Adam Sandler.

Movies with bad reviews but = Fine

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Movies with bad reviews but = Fine 2013-01-20 19:27:16

Time Bandits motherfucker

Response to Movies with bad reviews but = Fine 2013-01-20 19:33:02

The Room.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Movies with bad reviews but = Fine 2013-01-20 19:36:08

The Dune film was even disowned by the director, but that turned out to be a good realisation of the books and went on to be remade into a great miniseries and many strategy games.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Movies with bad reviews but = Fine 2013-01-20 20:02:19

Step Brothers doesn't seem to have particularly great reviews but I think that film is really funny.

I don't really pay too much attention to reviews though because people seem to get picky about the silliest of things.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Movies with bad reviews but = Fine 2013-01-20 21:28:24

At 1/20/13 03:24 PM, ThunderGearINC wrote: IGN

There's your problem.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Movies with bad reviews but = Fine 2013-01-20 22:52:07

The Resident Evil and Silent Hill movies are pretty much badly panned by about every single fanboy, girl , and critic around. But for no reason at all, i absolutely love them to death, and I know there completely terrible and make no sense at all, but they make damn good popcorn movies to shut your brain off too. I just enjoy the hell out of them.

I'm just an amateur nineteen year old that likes to create music. Please check out my work and give it feedback so I can strengthen the songs that I create. Eye can't wait!

BBS Signature

Response to Movies with bad reviews but = Fine 2013-01-20 23:10:42

At 1/20/13 07:36 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: The Dune film was even disowned by the director, but that turned out to be a good realisation of the books and went on to be remade into a great miniseries and many strategy games.

No no no no no. No. Nope.

BBS Signature

Response to Movies with bad reviews but = Fine 2013-01-21 01:26:36

the 2e remake children of Dune was a masterpiece and never got the attention it diserved.
a Must watch!

At 1/20/13 07:36 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: The Dune film was even disowned by the director, but that turned out to be a good realisation of the books and went on to be remade into a great miniseries and many strategy games.

Response to Movies with bad reviews but = Fine 2013-01-21 04:56:54

For me Gangster Squad and Watchmen are prefect examples of this as I thoroughly enjoyed both of them.

Fuck critics.

Otto, what a guy.

BBS Signature

Response to Movies with bad reviews but = Fine 2013-01-21 07:12:02

At 1/21/13 01:26 AM, ThunderGearINC wrote: the 2e remake children of Dune was a masterpiece and never got the attention it diserved.
a Must watch!

I have heard it is a great miniseries / film of the book, sadly I have yet to actually get to reading them and only watched the first miniseries remake of the original Dune film and the original film itself since my brother introduced me to the Dune series in that way. I do wish to read the books and watch that one someday.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Movies with bad reviews but = Fine 2013-01-21 13:27:49

I have heard it is a great miniseries / film of the book, sadly I have yet to actually get to reading them and only watched the first miniseries remake of the original Dune film and the original film itself since my brother introduced me to the Dune series in that way. I do wish to read the books and watch that one someday.

the first miniseries part 1 pales by comparison with part 2 "children of dune"

Response to Movies with bad reviews but = Fine 2013-01-21 13:29:09

I'm a fan of bad horror movies and exploitation, so I like thousands of movies that get bad reviews.