HaydenDavenport
HaydenDavenport
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Help figuring out how to run ads..? Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 02:27 PM Reply

Hey everyone,

I have been submitting audio for several months now, and my music has been pretty well received. At this point I would like to monetize my audio, which I *think* is possible from reading this page: http://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/creator-resources/monetizatio n/page-ads

I entered my information in the area that it told me to, but now I can't seem to figure out how to actually set up ads in a few of my music pages. It's fairly exciting to think that I might be able to make a couple of bucks from my music, because I need some sort of passive income for writing music...

I really appreciate the help, everyone!

-HaydenDavenport

wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Help figuring out how to run ads..? Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 03:14 PM Reply

At 1/20/13 02:27 PM, HaydenDavenport wrote: Hey everyone,

I have been submitting audio for several months now, and my music has been pretty well received. At this point I would like to monetize my audio, which I *think* is possible from reading this page: http://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/creator-resources/monetizatio n/page-ads

I entered my information in the area that it told me to, but now I can't seem to figure out how to actually set up ads in a few of my music pages. It's fairly exciting to think that I might be able to make a couple of bucks from my music, because I need some sort of passive income for writing music...

I really appreciate the help, everyone!

-HaydenDavenport

Click on the Settings icon and you will see "Your Finances". I don't think you can turn on additional adds for your audio apart from the standart ones. :)

By the way, I earned around 5$ by now, in 3 years. Don't expect too much.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Help figuring out how to run ads..? Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 03:26 PM Reply

You don't set up the ads, they're already there... and like mentioned above, don't expect to get any money anytime soon, the pay out is horrendously low unless you are ridiculously popular.

You also won't get a penny until you've accumulated $100 in ad revenue.

I average around 1-2k listens per song... and I make more money off my user profile than I do off any of my music... To give you an idea, I've been submitting music since 2005... and I've made approx. $11 so far... $89 short of my first pay out, after over 7 years of submitting.

Audio/BBS Mod
---News: Ask Me Anything (Answers Video!)---Music: Only The Beginning---
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
HaydenDavenport
HaydenDavenport
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Help figuring out how to run ads..? Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 06:24 PM Reply

Ok, thank you! :D

And yes... Haha... That is a... That is a very low amount of money. Looks like I may never see any of the money, but maybe in 10 years or something, I can log on to finally get enough money to take my future wife on a nice date lol.

wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Help figuring out how to run ads..? Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 07:39 PM Reply

At 1/20/13 06:24 PM, HaydenDavenport wrote: Ok, thank you! :D

And yes... Haha... That is a... That is a very low amount of money. Looks like I may never see any of the money, but maybe in 10 years or something, I can log on to finally get enough money to take my future wife on a nice date lol.

Yes, that sounds realistic. ;D

To motivate you:
A song with ~ 16.000 Plays, 1800 Downloads & 1200 Votes gave me phenomenal.. 0.65 $! This was, apart from the user page, my biggest income yet. That's around 3 packages of Ramen noodles, with those I can survive 3 days longer. So whoever says you can't live off music is a liar. I bet people like Waterflame with his over 9000 fans even earn a few dollar PER MONTH!

On the other hand, we all post our stuff here because we love music so much & want to make other people happy, right? <3