New Topic Respond to this Topic
T3XT
T3XT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 00:55:40 Reply

It seems like a lot of you guys are really pissed off at feminists.

To put it simply: Why? Is there something I'm not getting?

Women are still oppressed in many parts of the world (just look at the Middle East, for instance) and are often paid less than men in their jobs.

So what's wrong with standing up for equal rights?

amplefied
amplefied
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 00:59:18 Reply

At 1/20/13 12:55 AM, T3XT wrote: So what's wrong with standing up for equal rights?

Feminists are not interested in equal rights, they're interested in suppressing men under glorious dictatorship of the vagina.

Humanists are ok though.

TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 00:59:51 Reply

Hating an entire gender is stupid.

BBS Signature
NothingStudios
NothingStudios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Movie Buff
Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 01:00:07 Reply

I have a sense of humor.

this is a feminist book store, there is no humor section

;333333333

BBS Signature
HighWay
HighWay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 01:01:09 Reply

because women are cunts.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature
supergandhi64
supergandhi64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 01:03:02 Reply

there's a lot of misogynistic pigs on these fora who've become extremely bitter because no women want to put out for them. if it isn't already obvious from a lot of posting mannerisms there's a really profound phallocentrism on the boards as well. there's nothing wrong with feminism, and any post saying that is just the rationalizations of an ugly loser pouring his bitter words through the keyboard instead of getting in shape

--supergandhi64

BBS Signature
T3XT
T3XT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 01:03:08 Reply

At 1/20/13 12:59 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote: Hating an entire gender is stupid.

From what I've seen, it's not about hating men so much as it is about standing up for women.

That's what I've seen, anyway

JBK
JBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 01:04:24 Reply

With any group there are assholes who are gonna come and be assholes in the name of something they don't fully grasp. I don't blind myself to the benefits or the negative qualities. I do support feminism and am proud to.

"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those pants are just adorable"-Gagsy
Last.fm

BBS Signature
Chemich
Chemich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 01:13:30 Reply

At 1/20/13 01:03 AM, T3XT wrote:
At 1/20/13 12:59 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote: Hating an entire gender is stupid.
From what I've seen, it's not about hating men so much as it is about standing up for women.

That's what I've seen, anyway

Most of what I've seen is biased hate, it's not that I hate the initial idea of Feminism I just hate how the majority of feminists portray it.

Now you can get a classy lady like Roseanne Barr who understands that fine line between opression, and hate. (Need I say it, classy. Watching that show is one of my guilty pleasures, something about 90's sitcoms always stuck with me.)

It's fine to want equal rights, and want to be seen as an equal. But it's another thing to blame ALL men; when most of us also want the same equal treatment for you, also. Think of it this way, during those Women's Rights movements there wasn't just WOMEN marching, there was a whole lot of Men supporting their Wives also. Sorry to break it to most feminists but the necessary evil isn't just men in general, it's the idiots in charge of everything. You really wanna get at their throats? Don't alienate a gender of which also supports your initial ideas.

Continue being a bitter cunt? Well then I don't feel bad for you if you're still objectified, and you're still made a fool of and no one respects you. Can't receive what you don't give, and if you don't like it well I know of a few Hooters where everyone will treat you JUST proper.

Equal rights for all human beings is my standing.

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
JBK
JBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 01:18:09 Reply

I can understand some people disliking so-called feminists who are sexist against men but some people just don't like seeing others stand up for something or take pride in themselves. Those people don't want us all on the same level. They want us to go down to their sad level.

"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
Last.fm

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 01:24:58 Reply

PETA love animals and desire animals to have a nicer life. That sounds good. They do so by spreading hate and unfounded lies / altered truths towards zoos and even animal care homes and have been known to attack pet owners themselves claiming that humans are a scourge that should be wiped out.

Feminists are for better rights for females etc. And how do they go around doing that, what things do they claim and try to force....

Such groups are the same when it comes down to it even if one isn't as extreme as the other, they all want something good but have overly hate filled and vastly objective views which simply don't deserve any place in the world.

Feminists are especially bad when it comes to the ones that effectively want to make females the dominant sex and have more rights than males etc. As they are completely going against their own reason for existing as they clearly don't want equal rights they want to just change it around.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 01:30:00 Reply

Because like with every extremism there is extreme feminism and extreme feminists are batshit crazy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Artist
Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 01:30:58 Reply

At 1/20/13 12:55 AM, T3XT wrote: So what's wrong with standing up for equal rights?

Nothing.

The "men are scum and should be annihilated" dogma makes up a minority of feminist groups.

Chemich
Chemich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 01:31:21 Reply

Though retrospectively it has made me laugh on how much more peaceful the KKK has gotten over the years, they're adopting highways to cleanup and such... Interesting how such an intentionally hateful society could one-up something like the feminist society, I'd say it's time to take an example from them. No I don't mean hating multiple races, but I mean doing what you do in a more modest sense. Sure they hate pretty much every race that isn't them, but they take pride in everything around them at least.

Step. It. Up.

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 01:37:21 Reply

I think a lot of guys are actually confused about what feminism is actually.

If I just defend my sex about something I get called a feminist for it. Its that kind of attitude that makes me want to say fuck it to the male population but that would be over the top.

But yeah I understand that the men must die feminists are just in general not great people, but please don't let it undermine actual woman who are struggling to make a difference to the way they are treated by society. They do have a genuine case to fight.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
BizzarroPMP
BizzarroPMP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 02:03:04 Reply

Which guys? I don't recall ever being a part of one of these supposed conversations..

Zeppelyn: Since when does the bladder control the "poo poo"?
convict357: Um, you mean you f*ck chickens, turkeys are male chickens.

BBS Signature
mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 02:06:41 Reply

Because we aren't equal...

Women are favored a lot more than men as long as liberals continue to take over the world like they have been.

Remember that women that got accused of a crime against her boyfriend/husband and went to prison? Me either.
Chemich
Chemich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 02:06:59 Reply

At 1/20/13 01:37 AM, Gagsy wrote: I think a lot of guys are actually confused about what feminism is actually.

If I just defend my sex about something I get called a feminist for it. Its that kind of attitude that makes me want to say fuck it to the male population but that would be over the top.

But yeah I understand that the men must die feminists are just in general not great people, but please don't let it undermine actual woman who are struggling to make a difference to the way they are treated by society. They do have a genuine case to fight.

No faults in defending your gender at all, then again don't blame -MALE- stupidity blame -HUMAN- stupidity. I don't blame females for someone cutting me off, I blame the person in front of me for not knowing how to drive.

To be honest we separate gender too much, humans are just initially stupid and childish (to most extents.) We either take things too seriously, or are too ignorant to fully understand something.

To be honest though you're a decent person (at least what I've observed in my time being here,) found it funny in one thread you said that you always feel stupid. At least you're cognitive of what you're doing wrong, think of the many people in the world that do the same thing and are blissfully unaware of their idiocy.

Think of your ability to recognize mistakes as a blessing, not a curse.

BBS Signature
yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Artist
Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 02:09:00 Reply

At 1/20/13 02:06 AM, Chemich wrote: To be honest we separate gender too much, humans are just initially stupid and childish (to most extents.)

Men are more childish than women, and yet women understand children better than men do.
Explain.

TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 02:11:55 Reply

At 1/20/13 02:09 AM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 1/20/13 02:06 AM, Chemich wrote: To be honest we separate gender too much, humans are just initially stupid and childish (to most extents.)
Men are more childish than women, and yet women understand children better than men do.
Explain.

Men are happy and playful while woman are bitter because they have a head growing out their cunt.
Explain.

BBS Signature
Chemich
Chemich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 02:12:08 Reply

Explain.

Never said there wasn't a difference, just said everyone's childish in their own ways.

Though it has to do with maternal nature, hormones, and a whole bunch of other gobbidly gook that I personally don't care to understand. If you're really interested in a full explanation talk to a Biologist, personally all I know is that though both genders are different there is no reason we can't be equal.

Personally I feel the double standard is retarded too, if we removed it being around them would be entirely less awkward (though honestly, I really don't follow MOST of the double standard.)

Chivalry's dead, let's just leave it at that.

BBS Signature
Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Musician
Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 02:13:22 Reply

i love bad bitches that's my fuckin problem

letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 02:15:34 Reply

Because they're obnoxious cunts.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Game Developer
Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 02:21:03 Reply

There's a difference between fighting for equal rights and trying to undermine an entire gender and writing off any people within the middle ground as brainwashed.

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 02:24:30 Reply

Also, feminists back in the day definitely had the right idea fighting for equality, not "womens' rights". They went through a lot of bullshit for their cause, and it seems to me that many of them today (particularly Americans) tend to be imbeciles that don't even know what they stand for.

Explain.

I LOVE STEREOTYPES

BBS Signature
yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Artist
Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 02:26:20 Reply

At 1/20/13 02:24 AM, jjjkuk wrote: I LOVE STEREOTYPES

Generalisations and stereotypes are different things.

Thanks for your input though.

HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 02:29:26 Reply

At 1/20/13 02:26 AM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 1/20/13 02:24 AM, jjjkuk wrote: I LOVE STEREOTYPES
Generalisations and stereotypes are different things.

Thanks for your input though.

Coincidentally, I also had "AND GENERALISATION" on there, but I decided to cut it.

BBS Signature
JBK
JBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 02:39:05 Reply

At 1/20/13 02:06 AM, mothballs wrote:

Women are favored a lot more than men as long as liberals continue to take over the world like they have been.

Same with those damn minorities. They gotta go.

Last.fm

BBS Signature
mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 03:35:13 Reply

At 1/20/13 02:39 AM, JBK wrote:
At 1/20/13 02:06 AM, mothballs wrote:

Same with those damn minorities. They gotta go.

The only minorities that seem to be heavily favored is blacks. If I say "black guy" everyone around me will point at me screaming racist. If I say "spanish guy" or "asian guy" there's no problem.

HomicidialFrog
HomicidialFrog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to What's the problem with feminism? 2013-01-20 05:37:35 Reply

itt: generalizing feminists based off what a tiny minority of "feminists" do.

War is Peace.
Freedom is Slavery.
Ignorance is Strength.

OBEY OBEY, YOU MUST OBEY, YOU CAN'T RESIST, DON'T BE THAT WAY, OBEY OBEY, WE'LL HAVE OUR WAY