New Topic Respond to this Topic
WhiteTiger08
WhiteTiger08
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Do digital games support 3D? Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 12:41 AM Reply

I am wanting to buy Sonic Generations. I would prefer to have it digitally on my PS3 rather than owning a physical copy of it. I know the disc version can support stereoscopic 3D, but do digital games downloaded from PSN support 3D as well? I tried looking into it but found nothing

Chemich
Chemich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Do digital games support 3D? Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 01:28 AM Reply

Your monitor or GPU may have the ability to emulate it, if not I'm sure there's a program that does it for you.

Quick google search may provide fruitful, if not I guess you're out of luck. Also most monitors may already come with 3D technology in them, just press a button on the remote and 3D mode is on. Fun!

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
WhiteTiger08
WhiteTiger08
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Do digital games support 3D? Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 01:36 AM Reply

At 1/20/13 01:28 AM, Chemich wrote: Your monitor or GPU may have the ability to emulate it, if not I'm sure there's a program that does it for you.

Quick google search may provide fruitful, if not I guess you're out of luck. Also most monitors may already come with 3D technology in them, just press a button on the remote and 3D mode is on. Fun!

I wouldn't be opposed to purchasing a physical copy if I had to. I just wanted to know if the digital version would be in 3D as well without any modifications to it. Thank you for your reply though!

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Do digital games support 3D? Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 03:38 PM Reply

Digital 3D games?

Only the first generation console games (pong) were ever analog. After that all games were digital.

As for 3D; first-person maze games and flight simulators have been around since at least the '80s. Then came first-person shooters in the early '90s.

WhiteTiger08
WhiteTiger08
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Do digital games support 3D? Jan. 22nd, 2013 @ 02:57 AM Reply

At 1/20/13 03:38 PM, Painbringer wrote: Digital 3D games?

Only the first generation console games (pong) were ever analog. After that all games were digital.

As for 3D; first-person maze games and flight simulators have been around since at least the '80s. Then came first-person shooters in the early '90s.

Thanks for the help!