Be a Supporter!

"glorious Pc Gaming Master Race"

  • 1,821 Views
  • 30 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
HighWay
HighWay
  • Member since: Aug. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 23
Melancholy
"glorious Pc Gaming Master Race" Jan. 19th, 2013 @ 11:31 PM Reply

you know those people; the "ugh consoles are fucking shit tier my pc can run any game max graphics at 1080p fuck at me do you even lift?" type.

fucking hate them. Every last one of the cum sponges.

you would rather spend upwards of $1000 on a system to have the game look a little better? I wouldn't. I'd rather be sitting on my couch with friends having fun instead of sitting in an uncomfortable chair and gripe about how much console games suck.


The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Gamer
Response to "glorious Pc Gaming Master Race" Jan. 19th, 2013 @ 11:43 PM Reply

PC elitists tend to think this way, mostly due to the fact that they can access just about any game they can get, whether it's a regular copy of the game, through Steam or other such means. Also, because of the sheer graphical power of a fully loaded PC trumps consoles, that gives them reasoning to act this way, not realizing that graphics are not the most important part of the game itself.

There is a reason why game consoles were made, it's for gaming. {and other things as well, but mostly gaming} you can't necessarily say that for a PC.


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
naronic
naronic
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to "glorious Pc Gaming Master Race" Jan. 19th, 2013 @ 11:44 PM Reply

I'll admit I used to be one, going on SPUF just to insult consoles and anyone whom defends them and then circle jerk in a jizzpool of people with similar beliefs.

Fell out with them when I found out that they were impossible to have a conversation with unless you subscribe to their beliefs 100%.
That is
>Agreeing that Counter strike 1.6 and Starcraft were gods gift to gamers
>That Halo, Cod and any other shooter made after the year 2007 is by default inferior to any game made before that time.

Ugh


BBS Signature
Chemich
Chemich
  • Member since: Jan. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to "glorious Pc Gaming Master Race" Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 12:26 AM Reply

At 1/19/13 11:43 PM, orangebomb wrote: PC elitists tend to think this way, mostly due to the fact that they can access just about any game they can get, whether it's a regular copy of the game, through Steam or other such means. Also, because of the sheer graphical power of a fully loaded PC trumps consoles, that gives them reasoning to act this way, not realizing that graphics are not the most important part of the game itself.

There is a reason why game consoles were made, it's for gaming. {and other things as well, but mostly gaming} you can't necessarily say that for a PC.

There's also a reason why emulators were made, so we wouldn't have to spend money on overpriced under-performing consoles.


☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
Jin
Jin
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to "glorious Pc Gaming Master Race" Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 12:32 AM Reply

PCs > Consoles since consoles are just weak PCs, unless you build a PC with prehistoric hardware.

You can hook your PC to a TV and use a controller. The only reason to get a console is for the exclusives.


BBS Signature
Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Member since: Dec. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Gamer
Response to "glorious Pc Gaming Master Race" Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 01:51 AM Reply

At 1/20/13 12:26 AM, Chemich wrote: There's also a reason why emulators were made, so we wouldn't have to spend money on overpriced under-performing consoles.

Only if it's any system before the 6th gen.

MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Member since: Apr. 5, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to "glorious Pc Gaming Master Race" Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 02:12 AM Reply

At 1/19/13 11:31 PM, HighWay wrote: you would rather spend upwards of $1000 on a system to have the game look a little better? I wouldn't. I'd rather be sitting on my couch with friends having fun instead of sitting in an uncomfortable chair and gripe about how much console games suck.

have fun playing babys dumbed down games for retards :)

when PC gamer's dont get another halo game despite the fact the halo games started off as a PC game is ridiculous since it would be brilliant with mods or we PC gamers have to wait till all the faggot console owners get the first DLC for skyrim months in advance because of the cool mods we PC gamers are able to download.

My PC only cost £450 and its pretty decent, can run far cry 3 or skyrim on the highest settings so I dont see where dumb dumbs like you get the idea its £1000. unless you were including things like PC Screens which if I do remember, you still need to buy a TV to play a console on.

Also you can play with friends on the computer as well, its called online gaming. And its also called buying a controller for the PC so you can sit your fat arse on the couch or buying one of those chairs which you can lean on like me.

Theres PC fags but theres also whiney console fags like you.


BBS Signature
Chemich
Chemich
  • Member since: Jan. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to "glorious Pc Gaming Master Race" Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 02:49 AM Reply

At 1/20/13 01:51 AM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote:
At 1/20/13 12:26 AM, Chemich wrote: There's also a reason why emulators were made, so we wouldn't have to spend money on overpriced under-performing consoles.
Only if it's any system before the 6th gen.

Dreamcast
PlayStation 2
GameCube
Xbox

I've emulated all successfully, only a few games not working. Gamecube was the easiest; PS2 took a bit to work out the kinks, Dreamcast is just a mess, Xbox worked but I saw no real reason to actually emulate it. Hell I can even emulate Wii games, though the control scheme is kind of sketchy for me, still works fine with a few bugs here and there (mainly just audio sync.)


☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
CrazyRock
CrazyRock
  • Member since: May. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Movie Buff
Response to "glorious Pc Gaming Master Race" Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 06:32 AM Reply

PS2 was the last good console along with original XBOX

"glorious Pc Gaming Master Race"


Thanks Chdonga for the signature. <3

BBS Signature
Chemich
Chemich
  • Member since: Jan. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to "glorious Pc Gaming Master Race" Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 09:15 AM Reply

At 1/20/13 06:32 AM, CrazyRock wrote: PS2 was the last good console along with original XBOX

Going to have to agree with this, last bit of innovation from consoles was before PC's started getting all the best gear.

Kinda wish I still had my Platinum Xbox and my giant game collection on it, if anyone remembers what that was it was basically a modded edition of it. Being one of the few to actually buy one I have to say at the time it was DEFINITELY worth the investment, though overclocking the CPU gave it a short life span (although no noticeable overheating was had.)


☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
Mismo
Mismo
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to "glorious Pc Gaming Master Race" Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 09:27 AM Reply

Here I thought games were made for enjoyment of not to be debated over on what you should play them on. A good game is still a good game no matter the platform.


"Even death can be overcome"

BBS Signature
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Member since: Feb. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Gamer
Response to "glorious Pc Gaming Master Race" Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 09:33 AM Reply

At 1/20/13 09:27 AM, Mismo wrote: Here I thought games were made for enjoyment of not to be debated over on what you should play them on. A good game is still a good game no matter the platform.

Exactly. What's the point in arguing over how we play games? We're all gamers, we share a fun common interest - we shouldn't be getting pissed off with eachother over what hardware we use and how much money we're prepared to spend on it.


DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
killer32
killer32
  • Member since: Mar. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to "glorious Pc Gaming Master Race" Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 10:16 AM Reply

This thread again.

The main reason why PC gamers act the way they act is because PC is better. I'm sorry, but it really is.

cum sponge

I've seen some bad insults but yours reached a new level of stupid.


"It makes me feel powerful when I say something so dumb that it halts discussion." - Jester

Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to "glorious Pc Gaming Master Race" Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 10:44 AM Reply

Let's TRY and be clean here...

At 1/20/13 12:32 AM, Jin wrote: You can hook your PC to a TV and use a controller. The only reason to get a console is for the exclusives.

That or if some games simply feel more comfortable with console controls. I'd rather play platformer games on a console than PC but I have taken both methods for different games either way.


[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ]

Formerly Bahamut

Chemich
Chemich
  • Member since: Jan. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to "glorious Pc Gaming Master Race" Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 10:57 AM Reply

At 1/20/13 10:44 AM, Bahamut wrote: Let's TRY and be clean here...

At 1/20/13 12:32 AM, Jin wrote: You can hook your PC to a TV and use a controller. The only reason to get a console is for the exclusives.
That or if some games simply feel more comfortable with console controls. I'd rather play platformer games on a console than PC but I have taken both methods for different games either way.

This is the only thing I'll agree with, how consoles have their controllers and control schemes setup nowadays it seems to be better than what PC has to offer (without shelling out a large amount of cash for a really nice USB 3.0 Game Controller that is.)

But honestly I have this Logitech Game Controller I stole from someone that used to be my friend, and it works pretty nicely. Price seems to range in the $30-$40 area, and honestly it was a really nice... "steal."

Logitech Dual Action, simple yet effective. Though honestly mapping controls from Gamecube to PS layout is slightly annoying (especially when you have to change it near every game, thankfully Dolphin allows me to save controller profiles.)


☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to "glorious Pc Gaming Master Race" Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 12:31 PM Reply

I don't understand why some people insist on picking sides over something like this. I get that some games play better on a PC and some play better on a console, but if you're a gamer, why wouldn't you just enjoy both? Why limit yourself to one and why should you have petty arguments with people who choose the other? It makes no sense to me.

At 1/20/13 02:49 AM, Chemich wrote: I've emulated all successfully, only a few games not working. Gamecube was the easiest; PS2 took a bit to work out the kinks, Dreamcast is just a mess, Xbox worked but I saw no real reason to actually emulate it. Hell I can even emulate Wii games, though the control scheme is kind of sketchy for me, still works fine with a few bugs here and there (mainly just audio sync.)

Keep in mind that you're not allowed to discuss piracy on our boards.


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 12 July 2014)

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to "glorious Pc Gaming Master Race" Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 01:57 PM Reply

At 1/19/13 11:31 PM, HighWay wrote: you would rather spend upwards of $1000 on a system to have the game look a little better? I wouldn't. I'd rather be sitting on my couch with friends having fun instead of sitting in an uncomfortable chair and gripe about how much console games suck.

Yeah, but I kind of hate people like you just as much. You'll never need to spend $1000 on a PC, an uncomfortable chair is your own fault and all it takes is a few gamepads and an hdmi cable to play PC games on your couch.

PC is a better gaming experience for the most part, people who deny that and people who rant on about it and hate everything else are equally annoying.


last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to "glorious Pc Gaming Master Race" Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 05:18 PM Reply

At 1/20/13 01:57 PM, Jackho wrote: PC is a better gaming experience for the most part, people who deny that and people who rant on about it and hate everything else are equally annoying.

And besides, liking both sides of gaming just means more options and games to choose from.


[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ]

Formerly Bahamut

Chemich
Chemich
  • Member since: Jan. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to "glorious Pc Gaming Master Race" Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 05:31 PM Reply

At 1/20/13 12:31 PM, Auz wrote: I don't understand why some people insist on picking sides over something like this. I get that some games play better on a PC and some play better on a console, but if you're a gamer, why wouldn't you just enjoy both? Why limit yourself to one and why should you have petty arguments with people who choose the other? It makes no sense to me.

At 1/20/13 02:49 AM, Chemich wrote: I've emulated all successfully, only a few games not working. Gamecube was the easiest; PS2 took a bit to work out the kinks, Dreamcast is just a mess, Xbox worked but I saw no real reason to actually emulate it. Hell I can even emulate Wii games, though the control scheme is kind of sketchy for me, still works fine with a few bugs here and there (mainly just audio sync.)
Keep in mind that you're not allowed to discuss piracy on our boards.

Not discussing how to obtain anything, or not even discussing how to emulate. Simply discussing the flaws of doing so, if anything it's against piracy. My regards, and I apologize.


☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
Chemich
Chemich
  • Member since: Jan. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to "glorious Pc Gaming Master Race" Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 05:54 PM Reply

At 1/20/13 05:44 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:
At 1/20/13 10:57 AM, Chemich wrote: This is the only thing I'll agree with, how consoles have their controllers and control schemes setup nowadays it seems to be better than what PC has to offer (without shelling out a large amount of cash for a really nice USB 3.0 Game Controller that is.)
I take it you don't play alot of shooters, RPGs, or strategy games.

For those games, I would take a keyboard and mouse any day over a controller.

Of course I mean that in a completely subjective sense, I wouldn't play Worms with a controller EVER AGAIN. ugh... talk about awkard and painful.


☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
scoutthesoldier
scoutthesoldier
  • Member since: Jul. 25, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to "glorious Pc Gaming Master Race" Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 07:04 PM Reply

Both are starting to merge.

&quot;glorious Pc Gaming Master Race&quot;


That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature
Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Member since: Dec. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Gamer
Response to "glorious Pc Gaming Master Race" Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 07:43 PM Reply

I don't see any point in doing only one or the other. Why not just go with both? And besides, PC gaming isn't a completely flawless experience. I learned that after I suddenly could not get Fallout 3 and New Vegas to run on my PC without them freezing at the title screen, even though both games previously worked perfectly fine aside from problems that pretty much everyone has (like NV's infamous crashes).

SmartyPants
SmartyPants
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Reader
Response to "glorious Pc Gaming Master Race" Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 08:07 PM Reply

At 1/20/13 09:27 AM, Mismo wrote: Here I thought games were made for enjoyment of not to be debated over on what you should play them on. A good game is still a good game no matter the platform.

Not on this planet. People will find anything to argue over and that includes gaming platforms. Personally, I think it shouldn't matter what you are playing a game on. As long as you enjoy it, it should not matter.


Stretch those glutes, Flitter!
"You are a generally happy and carefree person." - Sectus
"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to "glorious Pc Gaming Master Race" Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 08:23 PM Reply

I play on both console and PC and I admit keyboard and mouse are good ONLY for first person shooters and real time strategy games.
But thats it. I would choose a controller for every other game. I would never play street fighter or batman on a keyboard and mouse. Some PC games strongly discourage it, some PC games want you to use a gamepad so badly all their controls are written in that format already.

As far as graphics I really, really, really dont fucking care. PC gamers like to pick up Crysis as a form of trial by fire for their graphics card. And again I do not, not, not, not, not, not, NOT FUCKING CARE.
Crysis 2 on consoles, I was okay with it. The PC graphics comparisons were nominal and meager, at least to me. I just, do not care.

Then again this comes from me, a guy who likes stylization in games, so maybe my opinion doesn't matter, but here is my opinion:

Okami, journey, team fortress 2> Crysis, battlefield 3, skyrim 'realism' texture packs.


I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
MintPaw
MintPaw
  • Member since: Jun. 11, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Programmer
Response to "glorious Pc Gaming Master Race" Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 10:01 PM Reply

Well we all know PCs are technically better in pretty much every way, but they're more expensive and less user friendly than consoles. This the best analogy I have.

I'm a PC gamer, I'm a programmer, I'm online all the time, I like the get the fastest speeds and the best graphical performance out of my games.

I have a friend who's a console gamer, he's a carpenter, works all day, and when he comes home he like to pop his game in his console and flip it on.

It's understandable why he wouldn't want to go through all the hassle that I do. And he's willing to take deal with the performance degradation. But that'd never settle for me. Consoles are designed to be a more causal experience.


If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.
Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to "glorious Pc Gaming Master Race" Jan. 21st, 2013 @ 01:14 AM Reply

They don't realize whenever they are throwing this shit out there they seem like HUGE assholes.

"My BMW is SOOOO much better than your Ford Fusion."
"Why I would hope so, it cost 3x as much".


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
HeadbangingLegend
HeadbangingLegend
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Gamer
Response to "glorious Pc Gaming Master Race" Jan. 21st, 2013 @ 01:52 AM Reply

Sometimes I feel like a PC elitist just because I have a powerful laptop. I didn't even know it was that good until after I bought it, only planning to play simple games like Team Fortress 2 and Minecraft, mostly using it for work. But it turns out this baby can even run the Crysis games. So I decided to get some more demanding games off Steam like The Witcher 2 and Spec Ops and they run so well it's amazing. Especially after spending your whole life never having a PC that can't even run the most basic FPS. Until I got this laptop I was always a console gamer. Sega, PS1, PS2, Wii and now an Xbox 360.

Honestly I think neither are truly superior. I like PC gaming for the obvious things, you have way better online experiences, PC games usually come with something extra like the level creator in Portal 2. And then I like console games for things like simplicity. You never have to bother with things like video settings and installing your games. Plus Xbox and even PS3 have some really good exclusives like Halo and God of War. Not to mention a PC is practically useless if you have more than one person wanting to play. I spend more time on my laptop than anything but if you're actually social like me I find myself jumping on the Xbox with my flatmates more often now to play some 3 player games.


The trick is to use the drugs once to get there, and maybe spend the next ten years trying to get back there without the drug.

BBS Signature
homor
homor
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to "glorious Pc Gaming Master Race" Jan. 21st, 2013 @ 02:00 AM Reply

The fact is, games run better, look better, play better, and have more depth on PC. There's actually been cases where game designers have had to tone down their games to fit the limitations of consoles. Sure, it's expensive (not actually that expensive, you can get a decent gaming PC for about the price of the average console) but you pay for quality, you pay for games that aren't just better looking, they're better playing.

Yeah, PC gamers can be smug, most of the time they've got a real good reason to be.


"Guns don't kill people, the government does."
- Dale Gribble
Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature
Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2008
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to "glorious Pc Gaming Master Race" Jan. 21st, 2013 @ 02:57 AM Reply

The PC has loads of potential. With consoles, what you see is what you get and if you don't like it, you're an entitled cunt. But he PC is infinitely customizable. With the right specs you can outperform consoles with ease. Besides seeing games in better graphics, you can add really cool mods to most PC games. And you're not constantly spending thousands to maintain your gaming PC. Once you've built it, it's just a matter of updating some drivers.

Loyalists are cocksucking idiots in general. It doesn't matter if they're PC master race or Xbox/PS3/Wii fans. They're all idiots for defending their platform to the death like they're some kind of defense force.


BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to "glorious Pc Gaming Master Race" Jan. 21st, 2013 @ 03:08 AM Reply

At 1/21/13 02:00 AM, homor wrote: (not actually that expensive, you can get a decent gaming PC for about the price of the average console)

I don't know if a $200 PC will be able to out do an Xbox 360. I highly doubt it.


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature