New Topic Respond to this Topic
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Why is Nintendo not... Jan. 21st, 2013 @ 12:58 PM Reply

This was in Nintendo Land, Wii Music, and Smash Bros for years. Most likely going to be made sooner or later.

Actually the series might come to a stop. The creator of F-zero doesn't know how to continue the series that makes it feel fresh, if he does get some good ideas we get a Wii u game, if not then you better have an old copy lying around somewhere.

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus! // You shall watch and you shall like. // #FREEAMA2014

BBS Signature
StrapOnFetus
StrapOnFetus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Why is Nintendo not... Jan. 21st, 2013 @ 05:16 PM Reply

At 1/21/13 12:54 PM, darkjam wrote:

I agree

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Why is Nintendo not... Jan. 21st, 2013 @ 05:22 PM Reply

At 1/21/13 01:14 AM, verycoolguy wrote: I think it's implied that he means a completely new game.

I do think that Starfox with on-foot objectives do have a lot of potential. It just hasn't been done right on Assault. It can be amazing on co-op modes.

I remember the multi-player of that game being loads of fun and I agree that on-foot objectives have potential. I thought they were actually pretty nice in Assault, but the story mode was just way too short. Also, the dialogues in the game are cheesy as hell, but that seems to be a trademark of Starfox games.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Why is Nintendo not... Jan. 21st, 2013 @ 05:55 PM Reply

Nintendo needs a new franchise.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Why is Nintendo not... Jan. 21st, 2013 @ 06:10 PM Reply

At 1/21/13 05:55 PM, sweet21 wrote: Nintendo needs a new franchise.

Give an idea. It's not that, Nintendo has lot's of franchises, if they wanted a new one they would just revive one like custom robo or earthbound, not make a brand new one. Their currents ones roll in enough dough as it is.

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus! // You shall watch and you shall like. // #FREEAMA2014

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Why is Nintendo not... Jan. 21st, 2013 @ 06:34 PM Reply

Pikmin

MsBobman20
MsBobman20
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Why is Nintendo not... Jan. 21st, 2013 @ 07:13 PM Reply

i guess Nintendo just doesn't care anymore

StrapOnFetus
StrapOnFetus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Why is Nintendo not... Jan. 22nd, 2013 @ 09:10 PM Reply

At 1/21/13 07:13 PM, MsBobman20 wrote: i guess Nintendo just doesn't care anymore

Nintendo is announcing some games sometime tomorrow via Nintendo Direct, this is rare. But it is also exciting, rumors abound include footage of Resident Evil Revelations, Grand Theft Auto 5, and hopefully either a peak at Starfox,Zelda, or Metroid. Maybe some new IP's as well.

Take these rumors with a heavy grain of salt, as for now that is all they are...rumors...

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Why is Nintendo not... Jan. 22nd, 2013 @ 09:46 PM Reply

At 1/22/13 09:10 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote:
At 1/21/13 07:13 PM, MsBobman20 wrote: i guess Nintendo just doesn't care anymore
Nintendo is announcing some games sometime tomorrow via Nintendo Direct, this is rare. But it is also exciting, rumors abound include footage of Resident Evil Revelations,

Already a 3DS game, but is being ported over to PS3 and Xbox as downloadable, so maybe for the eshop?

Grand Theft Auto 5,

Entirely plausible.

I like when companies announce games at random. It keeps the pressure off of bi shows like E3.

I heard this presentation is for Wii U only. Hopefully a teaser for the inevitable 3D Mario game, and Metroid would be nice as well.

Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Why is Nintendo not... Jan. 22nd, 2013 @ 11:28 PM Reply

At 1/21/13 06:34 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
Pikmin

That's not a new franchise.

Veronispore
Veronispore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Why is Nintendo not... Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 02:11 AM Reply

Nintendo should focus more on opening their system up to more mature gaming titles, the Resident Evil series has traditionally sold decently well on the system.

Also if inspiration is lacking their old games like (most of the smash brother's character backstories) could all be used to make a revamped RPG or action game.

Harvest Moon might even work if it's taking on the social gaming arena.

BBS Signature
Ajiryn
Ajiryn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Why is Nintendo not... Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 04:32 AM Reply

Nintendo's pretty good about taking care of what they already have. At the very least, they're doing a better job than, say, Sega, so they don't have much to worry about. They have a lot of sure-sells in the big names, so they can afford to keep things hush-hush.

I kind of prefer it that way. Hearing about a game -too- long before it actually comes out just leads fans to spend all that time speculating. And then they blow it out of proportion and tend to be disappointed that the final product isn't exactly what they've spend the past year(s) dreaming it to be.

Nintendo is just way too big to honestly fail. Consoles appear to be gimmick-y at first, but eventually turn out to be pretty decent machines. The sure-sell franchises keep a cash flow coming in, and their practice of not releasing too much about their plans at once usually pays off by making us check back with them often for news. They are the only company I do that with. All the others talk so much hype about their stuff, I don't have to worry about missing a particular bit of news because I'll probably hear it three more times between now and release.

MentalMyles
MentalMyles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Animator
Response to Why is Nintendo not... Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 09:28 AM Reply

Nintendo is best described as a roller coaster. its got its ups and downs. Remember the Gamecube era when nobody cared or liked what nintendo had to offer but then Nintendo pulled out their Wii and everybody loved it? The WiiU is still new and not everyone will be able to get one straight away may it be financially or otherwise don't care for the games on offer for the time being.

Yeah, I don't speak much...

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Why is Nintendo not... Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 02:34 PM Reply

A problem with Nintendo is that they mainly think about the children. The Wii u is hoping to get hardcore gamers back but all this censorship from saying shut up to you're dumb (yes my post was deleted for saying you're dumb) is ridiculous. I would understand censoring words like fuck you but you're dumb? That is dumb, even the more mature communities are censored, they should have an age ban on some communities. Another dumb thing is that you can't view details for mature games on the e-shop until late in the night. Seriously Nintendo, that is pretty dumb, they went crazy with the censorship. They want hardcore gamers back but this censorship stuff is just annoying, there reputation was pretty damaged with the Wii growing this rep as being a what many people I've asked say "A pussy console"

BBS Signature
StrapOnFetus
StrapOnFetus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Why is Nintendo not... Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 08:06 PM Reply

Just got off work, looked at Nintendo Direct, head blew off. HOLY FUCK GUYYS!! SPEAK OF THE DEVIL!!!

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/01-23-2013/

I repeat head is fucking blown sons!!

HeadbangingLegend
HeadbangingLegend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Why is Nintendo not... Jan. 23rd, 2013 @ 10:50 PM Reply

Nintendo is preparing for it's next game releases as usual. It's been announced that Nintendo will be revealing their new Super Mario Bros game, Mario Kart game and the new Super Smash Bros game at E3 this year.

The trick is to use the drugs once to get there, and maybe spend the next ten years trying to get back there without the drug.

BBS Signature