00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kingkavvvv just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Toy R Us Fails

2,074 Views | 18 Replies

Toy R Us Fails 2013-01-19 10:43:20

I went there the other day and couldn't find Freddy Krueger or Jason toys... Seems they only sell horror figues online only now a days. What happened? They didn't even have a big selection of toys at all. It seems Toys R Us is more of a Video game and Bicycle store now...

Toy R Us Fails

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Toy R Us Fails 2013-01-19 11:55:45

Nah, they sell these kinds of toys too.

Toy R Us Fails

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Toy R Us Fails 2013-01-19 11:57:54

I would buy the shit out of that, along with all my Chinese girl figurines that I have scattered all over my house.

Response to Toy R Us Fails 2013-01-19 12:06:37

At 1/19/13 11:55 AM, Ericho wrote: Nah, they sell these kinds of toys too.

I was going to buy one of those when I last went to Toys R Us, but since it was during a Newgrounds meetup on the first day I decided against it. If it was the last day when heading home though I would have like I did with my cuddly Nala.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Toy R Us Fails 2013-01-19 13:58:15

I guess they try to be kid-friendly, I dunno. Fuck that shit in the a.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Toy R Us Fails 2013-01-19 14:06:29

At 1/19/13 02:00 PM, TurkeyBased wrote: when's the last time you seen a kid play with a fucking action figure?
they have iphones and now grown ass men buy pony dolls

"Action figure" was the name invented by Hasbro when they began their new 'dolls for boys' plan with the creation of G.I. Joe to help sell it as the name "doll" didn't gain enough interest in the male market. It and the genre were the only differences between the gender specific toys they created.

Toy R Us Fails

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Toy R Us Fails 2013-01-19 14:30:19

At 1/19/13 02:00 PM, TurkeyBased wrote: when's the last time you seen a kid play with a fucking action figure?

Turkey2013

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Toy R Us Fails 2013-01-19 14:51:27

At 1/19/13 10:43 AM, TheKlown wrote: I went there the other day and couldn't find Freddy Krueger or Jason toys... Seems they only sell horror figues online only now a days. What happened? They didn't even have a big selection of toys at all. It seems Toys R Us is more of a Video game and Bicycle store now...

They generally have useless employees that they never hold onto for that long. Every Toys R Us I've walked into over the past decade has helped me like so, "Hi I'm looking for ______" long pause, "Uuuuh, let me check with my supervisor" disapears, so I look around some more, then find another employee. "Hi I'm looking for _____" this one seems genuinely interested in helping, hope? "Uuuhhh, let's look over here. Hmmmm..... Naaahp don't see it."

Yeah, Toys R Us is just a overpriced clusterfuck of shitty kids toys, I seriously only wanted a small Superman Figurine for an art piece I was doing, and throughout that whole store, not one superman, batman, anything. They had what looked like G.I. Joe knockoffs, which seemed less violent and kid friendly, made me sick.

They also turned me down for a job, their bad cuz I'm a great employee.

Response to Toy R Us Fails 2013-01-19 16:35:24

This reminds me of the time that I saw an awesome statuette based on John Carpenter's the Thing at a yard sale. It was only ten bucks and I didn't buy it. regret.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Toy R Us Fails 2013-01-19 16:42:15

Electronics Boutique used to have some pretty legit action figures. From Armored Core (drool) to Final fantasy.

Response to Toy R Us Fails 2013-01-19 16:42:42

I haven't been to a Toys R Us since before I even owned a Nintendo 64.

Do they sell Gundams? What about Transformers Prime shit?

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Toy R Us Fails 2013-01-19 16:44:14

At 1/19/13 04:42 PM, DarkMatter wrote: Electronics Boutique used to have some pretty legit action figures. From Armored Core (drool)
FROM ARMORED CORE
ARMORED CORE

Interest is piqued.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Toy R Us Fails 2013-01-19 16:44:14

They hoped it would lower the percentage of creepy older men roaming the stores solo.

"you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox

"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those (under)pants are just adorable"-Gagsy

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Toy R Us Fails 2013-01-20 10:44:27

At 1/19/13 12:06 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:
At 1/19/13 11:55 AM, Ericho wrote: Nah, they sell these kinds of toys too.
I was going to buy one of those when I last went to Toys R Us,

My mom actually got me one of those for Christmas, also from Toys R Us.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Toy R Us Fails 2013-01-20 10:47:40

At 1/19/13 05:28 PM, Protagonist wrote: Are people of this generation really THAT lazy?

Yes they really are.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Toy R Us Fails 2013-01-20 11:01:02

At 1/19/13 02:06 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: "Action figure" was the name invented by Hasbro when they began their new 'dolls for boys' plan with the creation of G.I. Joe to help sell it as the name "doll" didn't gain enough interest in the male market. It and the genre were the only differences between the gender specific toys they created.

#PonyActionFigures

Response to Toy R Us Fails 2013-01-20 12:24:44

LMAO! It's fucking funny because you're right. The whole fucking world has gone all 'Benjamin Button'.

Response to Toy R Us Fails 2013-01-20 13:17:27

I still see this, but it isn't around the age of 8-10, it's more for the ages under this. My little brother, who is 6, plays with action figures and model cars.

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature

Response to Toy R Us Fails 2013-01-20 13:26:40

My Freddy Krueger Figure that is statue like came in the mail yesterday and I love it! What do you think of it? I don't think this picture does it justice to be honest, and I believe it looks better in person and it definitely looks like Freddy Krueger from Dream Warriors.

Toy R Us Fails

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.