Be a Supporter!
Jeffyx
Jeffyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
My Grandma 2013-01-18 18:38:08 Reply

Hey guys, I was wondering what you think about this. My Grandma lives right behind me in her own house. She's 86 years old. We've offered many times to let her stay at our house, but she's very independent, and refused. Anyway, she's been telling me that she hears somebody knocking at her door at 2:30 - 4:00 AM. She also has told me she sees flashlights shine in her window, and her phone rings once or twice at night. She's even told me that she's heard voices outside of her house. I visited her today, and she said she heard the knocking last night. I looked all around her house, and there's no footprints in the snow, besides mine of course. I have absolutely no idea why somebody would do this. We live down a dirt road, and I can hear if any cars come down. I was awake most of the night, no cars came down my road. She told me this has been going on for about a year. My parents are pretty much ignoring it, saying It's her imagination. I'm extremely worried about it, because my neighbor had his house robbed last year, and they never caught them. I told her to call my house when this happens, but she keeps saying "No, I don't want to bother you". If I lived alone and heard these things, I would shit bricks. My Grandma isn't afraid of anything.

Do you guys think It's her imagination? Is there anything I could possibly do about this?

"Life is a bitch, so learn how to fuck it" | Become my NG fan! | #teamsuckdick

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to My Grandma 2013-01-18 18:41:22 Reply

Is she hot?

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything. You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track. ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Jeffyx
Jeffyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to My Grandma 2013-01-18 18:41:41 Reply

At 1/18/13 06:39 PM, MonthlyVolatile wrote: TL;DR She's probably senile.

I don't think this is the case, she's completely fine when It comes to anything else. She's 100% mentally stable.

At 1/18/13 06:38 PM, Jeffyx wrote: Hey guys,
Why do your posts always begin as if you're addressing a youtube audience?

That's just my thing.

BBS Signature
Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Musician
Response to My Grandma 2013-01-18 18:45:52 Reply

At 1/18/13 06:41 PM, Slint wrote: Is she hot?

Yeah, is she?

letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
Jeffyx
Jeffyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to My Grandma 2013-01-18 18:47:28 Reply

At 1/18/13 06:45 PM, Sekhem wrote:
Yeah, is she?

Sorry guys, I have no pictures.

BBS Signature
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to My Grandma 2013-01-18 18:47:30 Reply

Can you see her house from outside your window? Maybe you could put a camera by the window and see if anyone's creeping around there during the night.

However, it's a bit strange that this has been going on for a year - if they were robbers, wouldn't they have done something by now? Maybe your grandma has recurring night terrors?

DVD Collection and Game Collection Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
AmericanZero
AmericanZero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to My Grandma 2013-01-18 18:48:01 Reply

hey I have no idea the answer to what's really going on but there is a good chance she's imagining it or hallucinating that isn't uncommon with elderly people to hear and see crazy stuff, I know my neighbor who is unrelated, but old has seen things fly by her house and shine light beams down and seen weird looking people walk through her yard and we've always just assumed she was a little cookoo

BBS Signature
Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Musician
Response to My Grandma 2013-01-18 18:48:03 Reply

At 1/18/13 06:47 PM, Jeffyx wrote:
Yeah, is she?

do you think you can snap a few?

letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to My Grandma 2013-01-18 18:53:20 Reply

At 1/18/13 06:48 PM, Sekhem wrote:
At 1/18/13 06:47 PM, Jeffyx wrote:
Yeah, is she?
do you think you can snap a few?

Yes, please do Jeff, I also want them. Can you do it?

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything. You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track. ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Jeffyx
Jeffyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to My Grandma 2013-01-18 18:59:29 Reply

At 1/18/13 06:47 PM, dogpup4 wrote: Can you see her house from outside your window? Maybe you could put a camera by the window and see if anyone's creeping around there during the night.

However, it's a bit strange that this has been going on for a year - if they were robbers, wouldn't they have done something by now? Maybe your grandma has recurring night terrors?

Yeah, I can see her house from my kitchen window. Sadly, the only working camera I have at the moment is on my Ipod :/. Since I don't sleep much, I might take a peak out there every now and then.

Also, I think the night terrors could be whats going on. Sometimes when I wake up in the middle of the night, I can still somewhat hear things from my dreams before I'm fully awake. Thanks for the reply man.

BBS Signature
Piggler
Piggler
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 34
Artist
Response to My Grandma 2013-01-18 19:04:16 Reply

I would just put her down if I were you

BBS Signature
KillerSkull
KillerSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to My Grandma 2013-01-18 19:49:46 Reply

Stop screwing with your grandma. It's not funny, it's mean.

BBS Signature
Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 35
Animator
Response to My Grandma 2013-01-18 20:03:48 Reply

Give her a gun, INSIST that she calls you if anyone is out there, and if you're not satisfied by any of that, offer to stand night watch. Or at least install some sort of recorded surveillance to refer to when she claims they happen.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to My Grandma 2013-01-18 20:53:16 Reply

posted for truth.

My Grandma

Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to My Grandma 2013-01-18 21:00:55 Reply

Your grandma's broken, I hope you got the warranty when you bought her.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to My Grandma 2013-01-18 21:04:09 Reply

If she lives right next to you then why dont you sleep around her place for a week to test if its true?

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to My Grandma 2013-01-18 21:45:34 Reply

It may very well be her imagination. If the brain is positive things are real they can seem real. Like pain can occur when there is nothing but your mind to create it. I know of others who have held delusional fantasies and sadly it is very hard to tell how much of them are based on fact and how much are based on the mind. But to them, they are both fact.

Don't begin telling her she is saying incorrect things etc. unless you are incredibly good at breaking such news. If their mind is telling the person it is real then it can cause some major drawbacks from saying such things.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship. Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Jeffyx
Jeffyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to My Grandma 2013-01-18 22:16:50 Reply

At 1/18/13 09:04 PM, BumFodder wrote: If she lives right next to you then why dont you sleep around her place for a week to test if its true?

That's not a bad idea, I think I might do that.

BBS Signature
DarkMatter
DarkMatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to My Grandma 2013-01-18 22:19:24 Reply

My grandmother bless her soul was a very stubborn lady herself, I'd probably have to give her a logical reason for her to grasp so she could direct her stubborn nature towards catching the bastards who annoy her.

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THAT DUDE WITH THE RED HAT BROWN TRENCH COAT AND SHOTGUN?!?! I miss the old ASSASSIN days. Click Me

BBS Signature
Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to My Grandma 2013-01-19 00:48:54 Reply

Why not spend the night at her house?

The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren! Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature