Be a Supporter!

A bigger, stronger community

  • 1,079 Views
  • 36 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to A bigger, stronger community Jan. 19th, 2013 @ 08:27 PM Reply

At 1/19/13 03:58 PM, KKSlider60 wrote: Even if there's only one person among your fans, he/she will still be enough of a reason to keep doing what you've been doing so far.

I don't have any fans...I guess that's kind of the problem. I don't really know how to get any...which is why I'm saying it would be cool for all of use to bring whatever fans to each other

wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Musician
Response to A bigger, stronger community Jan. 19th, 2013 @ 08:36 PM Reply

At 1/19/13 08:27 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 1/19/13 03:58 PM, KKSlider60 wrote: Even if there's only one person among your fans, he/she will still be enough of a reason to keep doing what you've been doing so far.
I don't have any fans...I guess that's kind of the problem. I don't really know how to get any...which is why I'm saying it would be cool for all of use to bring whatever fans to each other

I see 5 fans in your list. ;)

Plus, you joined only a few months ago. Be patient and keep posting stuff. Or zerobomb everyone else. Some people enjoy that a lot! ;D

SonicJ
SonicJ
  • Member since: Apr. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Musician
Response to A bigger, stronger community Jan. 19th, 2013 @ 08:38 PM Reply

At 1/19/13 11:18 AM, Sequenced wrote: if you guys want to help out the audio portal, start reviewing.

less than 5 reviews a day will only take up 20 minutes of your time, the most.

if new folks see other people reviewing, they will start reviewing themselves.

I'm surprised this isn't shouted more often! I agree with this wholeheartedly. Like I said earlier in the thread, people upload music and want as many views as they can get per song or per profile. Yet, they will not leave reviews, rate music, or BE the viewer of anyone else's song.


Audio portal reviews : A detailed discussion and study
Leave a random artist a constructive review. You never know how that could help.

BBS Signature
Bosa
Bosa
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to A bigger, stronger community Jan. 19th, 2013 @ 09:27 PM Reply

Lemoncrush, since you're kinda new to this site I can understand your perspective on things. Getting exposure on Newgrounds takes time and effort. Sometime in the future you'll build up a larger fan-base and your music will find its way into more flash submissions. Submitting tracks to contests and reviewing other peoples' music is the best way to get a head start. I should of been more active in the audio forums when I first started in 2004.

However, I do share your views on a stronger community. It would be nice to see more artists less concerned about themselves individually and more concerned about the audio community on Newgrounds as a whole.


Those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to A bigger, stronger community Jan. 20th, 2013 @ 12:18 AM Reply

At 1/19/13 09:27 PM, Bosa wrote: However, I do share your views on a stronger community. It would be nice to see more artists less concerned about themselves individually and more concerned about the audio community on Newgrounds as a whole.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Like I said, I'm a big follower of the tight knit community of NG animators, and I guess am somewhat envious of their group. They all support each other, collaborate, and retweet each other, subscribe or favorite each other on Youtube..

IDK, some time I just don't feel like my stuff is very good, because no one downloads my albums or subs to my youtube channel. Thankfully I do get a few downloads here.

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to A bigger, stronger community Jan. 21st, 2013 @ 08:53 AM Reply

At 1/19/13 08:36 PM, wandschrank wrote:
I see 5 fans in your list. ;)

Plus, you joined only a few months ago. Be patient and keep posting stuff. Or zerobomb everyone else. Some people enjoy that a lot! ;D

Why the encouragement? :O

wandschrank
wandschrank
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Musician
Response to A bigger, stronger community Jan. 21st, 2013 @ 08:56 AM Reply

At 1/21/13 08:53 AM, Elitistinen wrote:
At 1/19/13 08:36 PM, wandschrank wrote:
I see 5 fans in your list. ;)

Plus, you joined only a few months ago. Be patient and keep posting stuff. Or zerobomb everyone else. Some people enjoy that a lot! ;D
Why the encouragement? :O

I tried being sarcastic. :( I should have left out the smiley.