New Topic Respond to this Topic
Conquestus
Conquestus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 14:12:46 Reply

If you can, do it... I tried it myself and failed hard.

BBS Signature
freshmaker49
freshmaker49
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 14:19:45 Reply

Going veggie puts you at risk of developing vitamin b12 deficiency.

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 14:47:20 Reply

I'm gonna say no, because bacon.

S3C
S3C
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 03
Musician
Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 17:24:27 Reply

At 1/18/13 02:19 PM, freshmaker49 wrote: Going veggie puts you at risk of developing vitamin b12 deficiency.

if he was going vegan, yes. Vitamin b12 is also in fish, milk, and eggs.

If your work isn't worth fighting for, it's not worth uploading on NG, period. (JrHager84)

LionzNTiggerz
LionzNTiggerz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 18:08:41 Reply

At 1/18/13 05:24 PM, S3C wrote: if he was going vegan, yes. Vitamin b12 is also in fish, milk, and eggs.

Just eat marmite every now and then.

I think it's worthwhile to stop eating meat and stop contributing to the suffering of animals (and people). But it's MORE important to not be a giant dick your whole life. Who is getting better karma? A vegetarian who spends all of their time hatefully bitching about meat-eaters, or a jolly old guy who befriends everybody and helps people with their problems and eats meat, too?

Going vegetarian is a noble endeavor, though. Especially considering how fucked up the meat-producing process is these days. It's not like there are happy animals in a field and then a noble hunter goes and shoots them any more. The animals are treated with very little dignity. And the people who work in slaughterhouses, jeez, that/'s gotta fuck you up bad. I think it develops a certain insensitivity to basic animal suffering that we would otherwise relate to on a natural level.

And yeah, you can become a vegetarian because you can't face death (but to be honest, you don't actually have to face death at all to eat meat because the product is so removed from the original animal that you don't even have to think about it. Like, there are probably people who don't even know where certain meat-foods come from)

In summary,
real men hunt and kill their meat
cowards eat at mcdonalds and then big themselves up for it
real men who are deeply attuned to their natural responses will probably want to stop killing animals, too.

freshmaker49
freshmaker49
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 18:32:33 Reply

At 1/18/13 05:24 PM, S3C wrote:
At 1/18/13 02:19 PM, freshmaker49 wrote: Going veggie puts you at risk of developing vitamin b12 deficiency.
if he was going vegan, yes. Vitamin b12 is also in fish, milk, and eggs.

Eating fish is not vegetarian. If you include that with a vegetarian diet, then your pescetarian. B12 is mainly found in meat, milk and eggs are not enough.

Source

BBS Signature