00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AllHailInsomnia just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I'm thinking of going veggie

1,858 Views | 32 Replies

I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 10:37:23

So instead of deciding my own fate like an mature reasonable adult I thought I'd make a thread about it.

Why should I/shouldn't I become a vegetarian?

Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 10:41:54

Don't because bacon!

Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 10:47:22

To be honest, I can't think of any good reasons not to unless you're going to be one of those guys who leaves out meat, doesn't bother to find another source of proteins or for whatever else you miss out on and then gets sick.

Seriously, if you're going to make the switch, do take some time to find out how to balance out your diet properly. You don't have to miss out on anything.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 10:52:15

At 1/18/13 10:47 AM, Auz wrote: Seriously, if you're going to make the switch, do take some time to find out how to balance out your diet properly. You don't have to miss out on anything.

The only meat I ever consume are my dinners prepared by my Father. He hates cooking and meat is his go to ingredient. I don't know what he'd do with out it. I already don't eat so many things.

So I'd either have to just ride it out until I get my own place, help him with my meals or cook my own meals which I may start doing anyway. I left school so I do nothing all day whiles he's out all day doing his workin' man thing. I think I'd help us both out if I cooked. It's just a game of motivation which is the reason I'm out of school.

Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 10:53:44

Go reply to what I said in the other thread.

Also because stake is the best food of all time.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 10:55:01

At 1/18/13 10:53 AM, Slint wrote: Go reply to what I said in the other thread.

no. bring it to me

Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 11:01:16

Oh my god, who the hell cares.

If you want your diet to consist of non-animal products, then by all means go for it. Why is it that people insist on trying to find a reason to do things. Actually, the idea that you made a thread about thinking of becoming a vegetarian means that you don't really want to deep down. So if you ask me this, I will say again, who the hell cares.

If you want to become a vegetarian, then do it, if you don't then don't. I do not see why you have to consult Newgrounds users to make a lifestyle choice.

Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 11:02:59

At 1/18/13 10:57 AM, Scary wrote: why are you considering becoming veggie?

moral or dietary reasons?

Moral. If I was killing to survive or even just doing the killing myself under my terms I could justify it.

Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 11:08:18

At 1/18/13 11:01 AM, SeekerFang17 wrote: Oh my god, who the hell cares.

If you want your diet to consist of non-animal products, then by all means go for it. Why is it that people insist on trying to find a reason to do things. Actually, the idea that you made a thread about thinking of becoming a vegetarian means that you don't really want to deep down. So if you ask me this, I will say again, who the hell cares.

If you want to become a vegetarian, then do it, if you don't then don't. I do not see why you have to consult Newgrounds users to make a lifestyle choice.

lol, I'm pretty set on becoming a vegetarian but I wanted to get a mix of opinion. I made this thread because I was bored, it was easy and it seemed like a worth while topic and your wanting to get your views across proves my point. You don't speak for Newgrounds so stop telling me what Newgrounds thinks. You clearly do care but you're frustrated that other might too. Stop taking the BBS so seriously.

Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 11:11:16

At 1/18/13 11:08 AM, TheColourAwesome2 wrote:

HOLY CRAP YOU HAVE TWO!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 11:15:30

At 1/18/13 11:06 AM, Scary wrote:
At 1/18/13 11:02 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote:

Moral. If I was killing to survive or even just doing the killing myself under my terms I could justify it.
is it the idea of the poor conditions animals are kept in that make you object morally to eating meat? would you eat organic or free-range meat?

I think that because I have the luxury to not eat meat and survive a may not. If the animals don't have to die they shouldn't.

Please don't get my wrong. I'm not trying to sound like super moral or anything. I ate meal today. I'm considering becoming a vegetarian hence why I made the thread.

Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 11:22:03

Jesus christ, what a terrible pick for an alt name. You should have been TheColorTerrible or something.

Disappoint.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 11:24:46

3 Reasons for:

When you get the balance right, it's a very healthy diet indeed. Far healthier in comparison to a meat intensive diet.

There are so many possible ways of cooking and preparing vegetarian meals you can have a lot of fun tweaking recipes to find out what you like.

It's far cheaper than eating meat.

3 Reasons against:

Your farts will smell really bad.

There's no real substitute for meat. You'll meet so many vegetarians claiming that quorn/meat free products are just as good as meat, but they're just being ignorant and only deluding themselves. If you find you're eating 'quorn bacon' or anything labelled as imitation meat then you're a plastic vegetarian who may as well just eat the real thing rather than processed fungus which is about as healthy as eating at Burger King.

If you don't properly plan your meals, you'll wind up being undernourished and ultimately unhealthy.

Some people feel content to pour syrup on shit and call it pancakes their whole lives.

Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 11:25:36

At 1/18/13 11:22 AM, Slint wrote: Jesus christ, what a terrible pick for an alt name. You should have been TheColorTerrible or something.

Disappoint.

Happy?

Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 11:27:45

At 1/18/13 11:25 AM, TheColourTerrible wrote:
Happy?

What is this like three accounts now? Damn you work fast.

Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 11:31:10

At 1/18/13 11:27 AM, SeekerFang17 wrote:
Happy?
What is this like three accounts now? Damn you work fast.

yes

Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 11:35:37

At 1/18/13 11:31 AM, Elitistinen wrote: How about eating vegetables and meats together? Well, I mean like have them on same meals. Probably a bit more vegetables than the meats. This has helped me.

I think I will try to eat more veggies and gradually work my way up to full on vegetarian.

Also fried stuff can make your tastes go bad quickly, so consider the fresher ways to prepare meats.

I will, thank you.

At 1/18/13 11:24 AM, BrockManson wrote:

:Stuff

Thanks for this.

There's no real substitute for meat. You'll meet so many vegetarians claiming that quorn/meat free products are just as good as meat, but they're just being ignorant and only deluding themselves. If you find you're eating 'quorn bacon' or anything labelled as imitation meat then you're a plastic vegetarian who may as well just eat the real thing rather than processed fungus which is about as healthy as eating at Burger King.

I don't want to eat a shittier version of meat.

Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 11:36:29

At 1/18/13 11:31 AM, TheColourSeekerFang wrote:
yes

Oh my god! My mind is blowing up right now! I feel like this guy right now!

Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 11:40:27

At 1/18/13 11:02 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote:

what if your served something with meat in it would you just not eat the meat or throw it out so the meat will lay and rot and then meaning the animal was killed for you to throw it out?

Butthole

Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 11:44:40

At 1/18/13 11:40 AM, Julianr wrote: what if your served something with meat in it would you just not eat the meat or throw it out so the meat will lay and rot and then meaning the animal was killed for you to throw it out?

I would eat it obviously. Why else would I kill an animal?

Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 12:00:03

It is going to be tough if you are getting served meat at home.

Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 12:07:18

At 1/18/13 11:44 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote:
At 1/18/13 11:40 AM, Julianr wrote: what if your served something with meat in it would you just not eat the meat or throw it out so the meat will lay and rot and then meaning the animal was killed for you to throw it out?
I would eat it obviously. Why else would I kill an animal?

oops i said something wrong up there i meant what if someone served you something.. dont know how it became what if your

Butthole

Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 13:17:01

At 1/18/13 11:22 AM, Slint wrote: Jesus christ, what a terrible pick for an alt name. You should have been TheColorTerrible or something.

Disappoint.
Happy?

Yes, absolutely.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 13:20:43

Because. My food would shit on your food

BBS Signature

Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 13:37:03

Don't fucking do it, dude. I swear, I've seen people turn into assholes and hypocrites when they turn.

Everything in this post is wrong.

I'm sorry, Jumbe, but you're fucking ugly -Amaranthus

BBS Signature

Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 13:39:57

Become a pescetarian! That way you're kinda doing ok for the animals and still keep fish in your diet which is good for your overall nutrients.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 13:40:14

I have to say this:
why discriminate on all those poor plants. LOL.

Really I understand if you cut down on eating meat, It's even better for your body (and the enviroment) I thnk if you don't eat it every day . But none at all?

Is bad for you...nuff said.

Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 13:41:38

Vegetarians make me look manly, you pussy.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 13:45:59

At 1/18/13 01:41 PM, Suprememessage wrote: Vegetarians make me look manly, you pussy.

You'd need an entourage on vegetarians to keep you from looking like a massive pony faggot.

Response to I'm thinking of going veggie 2013-01-18 14:12:46

If you can, do it... I tried it myself and failed hard.

BBS Signature