New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheoryGuy
TheoryGuy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
New here. Apologies. Jan. 18th, 2013 @ 09:54 AM Reply

As might be obvious, I'm a bit new here and I'm having a little bit of trouble understanding the process here in Audio.

I submitted my first track yesterday, but it doesn't show up in the searches. As I understand it, someone has to approve it because I'm new? How does that process work? Is there something I need to do to facilitate that? How long does it usually take?

All of this is just very new to me. I would appreciate any assistance or guidance anyone would be willing to offer.

Thank you for your time. I always hesitate to start new topics on forums because I don't like to clutter things up, so apologies for that.

NickPerrin
NickPerrin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to New here. Apologies. Jan. 18th, 2013 @ 10:10 AM Reply

At 1/18/13 09:54 AM, TheoryGuy wrote: I submitted my first track yesterday, but it doesn't show up in the searches. As I understand it, someone has to approve it because I'm new? How does that process work? Is there something I need to do to facilitate that? How long does it usually take?

You just wait. As long as your track doesn't violate any of the terms of uploading music here, it will eventually appear, and then all your tracks after that approval process will appear immediately when uploaded. It can take a few days or more, depends on several factors.

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to New here. Apologies. Jan. 18th, 2013 @ 10:11 AM Reply

At 1/18/13 09:54 AM, TheoryGuy wrote: I submitted my first track yesterday, but it doesn't show up in the searches. As I understand it, someone has to approve it because I'm new? How does that process work? Is there something I need to do to facilitate that? How long does it usually take?

Actually, someone would have to scout you (which is technically the same thing, but details, details).
It's pretty simple. One would go to one of your song's page, listen to it, and if they think you're Audio Portal material (i.e. having good songs, not breaking the rules), they would scout you; to which you would have to approve.

I think.

As for how long it takes, that really depends on who is going to scout you.

shieldurhope
shieldurhope
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to New here. Apologies. Jan. 18th, 2013 @ 10:12 AM Reply

Ornery's Handy Dandy Scouting Guide

Read this. This is guide is for the Art portal, but is the exact same for Audio. The only difference is that a minimum of 1 track is required (Not 4).

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to New here. Apologies. Jan. 18th, 2013 @ 10:12 AM Reply

At 1/18/13 10:10 AM, NickPerrin wrote: explanation

dog gammit

TheoryGuy
TheoryGuy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to New here. Apologies. Jan. 18th, 2013 @ 10:16 AM Reply

Ah, OK, I think I understand the scouting process.

But for my stuff to even start appearing in the "un-scouted" section, am I just waiting on a mod to vet my submission?

shieldurhope
shieldurhope
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to New here. Apologies. Jan. 18th, 2013 @ 10:18 AM Reply

This is pretty good. Enter it here -> Monthly Audio Contest 2013 - January / February ORCHESTRAL theme.

Don't worry, you don't need to be scouted to enter contests and stuff. It just means the public can't see your tracks.
I'd be willing to scout you actually.