New Topic Respond to this Topic
ohbombuh
ohbombuh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to I'm Addicted To Breaking Bad... Jan. 18th, 2013 @ 10:24 PM Reply

At 1/18/13 09:57 PM, Xenomit wrote: It's just another action drama, there's hundreds of them =/

According to interviews with the director, it's supposed to have a lesson in the end about crossing the line between good and evil. Given that and all the dark humor, there's about a 90% chance of Walt dying tragically instead of carrying on the series until the writers get tired. Additionally, it's got a relatively good deal of moral and psychological complexity. If you watch a typical crime and justice show, they usually rely on people who jumped into a life of crime for stupid and oversimplified reasons (sheer greed, pleasure seeking, misanthropy, etc.), and they often face no consequences until the incorruptible police force catches them. In contrast, Breaking Bad explores how circumstances can force people into crimes and how different people react to getting away with it in the short term.

It also works some actual science into the frequent battles of wit that you get with any such show. No image enhancing programs here.

The simple fact is that some people will never be happy, no matter how good their lives are.

BBS Signature
Jeffyx
Jeffyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to I'm Addicted To Breaking Bad... Jan. 19th, 2013 @ 12:59 AM Reply

At 1/18/13 02:58 AM, Sekhem wrote: my favorite part is when walt jr dies

God damnit Sekhem, I haven't finished the series yet. Thanks for ruining it for me >:(

"Life is a bitch, so learn how to fuck it" | Become my NG fan! | #teamsuckdick

BBS Signature
manopoly12
manopoly12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to I'm Addicted To Breaking Bad... Jan. 19th, 2013 @ 01:17 AM Reply

Just try not to get emotionally attached to your entertainment to the point that If someone gives it bad criticism you get offended like they just cursed a dead family member or worse, a dead pet.

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to I'm Addicted To Breaking Bad... Jan. 19th, 2013 @ 01:19 AM Reply

At 1/19/13 01:17 AM, manopoly12 wrote: Just try not to get emotionally attached to your entertainment to the point that If someone gives it bad criticism you get offended like they just cursed a dead family member or worse, a dead pet.

I like your priorities there

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to I'm Addicted To Breaking Bad... Jan. 19th, 2013 @ 04:35 AM Reply

At 1/19/13 01:02 AM, MonthlyVolatile wrote:
At 1/19/13 12:59 AM, Jeffyx wrote:
At 1/18/13 02:58 AM, Sekhem wrote: my favorite part is when walt jr dies
God damnit Sekhem, I haven't finished the series yet. Thanks for ruining it for me >:(
That doesn't actually happen, he's joking, you ditz.

yeah he's right. It's Hank who dies.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
SeekerFang17
SeekerFang17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to I'm Addicted To Breaking Bad... Jan. 19th, 2013 @ 01:19 PM Reply

At 1/18/13 09:17 PM, Provoke wrote:
It's a complement, I love Tarantino.

Django Unchained was absolutely fucking awesome. I fucking love Tarantino, of course the first movie of his I saw was: Obviously Pulp Fiction and from then on, I have loved all of his movies.