00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Lipinski14D just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Underrated Games

5,871 Views | 49 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Underrated Games 2013-01-19 13:48:03

Toejam and Earl for Sega Megadrive or Genesis. Had a very good time with this game!

Underrated Games

Response to Underrated Games 2013-01-19 15:05:21

Where to begin:

Tombi! - Very innovative platformer and I've yet to see a game that did the style well. Combining a lot of platformer and RPG elements worked perfectly. The only thing close to it is Super Paper Mario which wasn't a particularly good game in my opinion.

Mischief Makers - Another one of those odd platformers on the Nintendo 64 that never got much mainstream popularity but with a great story, characters and fun gameplay it's worth taking a look at.

Digimon World - Always overshadowed by the Pokemon series, this game never left the mark it should have. It contained a large number of bugs but overlooking that, the gameplay was great and really breathed new life into the classic Digital Pet genre and evolved it entirely. It's a shame that all of the sequels took such different turns except for the newest release which is Japan only (Digimon World: Redigitize, if you're interested).

Mirror's Edge - Never has there been a game with free-running and/or parkour that I've enjoyed so much. Prince of Persia came close but Assassin's Creed left much to be desired. Unfortunately for various reasons, sequel plans were shelved and it's a great travesty.

There are plenty other games that I could go into detail on but these are some of the ones that I feel deserve more credit for what they were.

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Games 2013-01-19 18:40:50

Such an amazing game, it's fans are loyal but we need more, another on wii u or 3ds would nice.

Underrated Games

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Games 2013-01-19 18:56:46

At 1/19/13 06:40 PM, darkjam wrote: Such an amazing game, it's fans are loyal but we need more, another on wii u or 3ds would nice.

Dude, I played that. One of the best Gamecube games I've ever played, if not the best

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Games 2013-01-19 19:20:25

At 1/19/13 06:40 PM, darkjam wrote: Such an amazing game, it's fans are loyal but we need more, another on wii u or 3ds would nice.

I took a look at a few screenshots and read that it was a fighting game, seems quite RPG-like aesthetically. Shame it wasn't released in the PAL region. What's the gameplay like?

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Games 2013-01-19 19:42:38

At 1/19/13 10:58 AM, bhsqad15 wrote: Red Faction Guerilla

I love that game.

I've had my eye on that for years, but I still haven't bought it. I might do that at some point.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Games 2013-01-19 21:13:53

I remember playing Army Men: Sarge's Heroes for N64. It was pretty cool.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Games 2013-01-20 06:25:04

This here is a game id recommend everyone play despite reviews

I make gaming videos

youtube.com/ogaaboga

Response to Underrated Games 2013-01-20 10:20:40

I thought metro 2033 was really underrated. I mean at first I thought the game sucks, but then I give a a shot and turned out be one of the best games I ever played.

Response to Underrated Games 2013-01-20 11:10:56

At 1/20/13 10:27 AM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 1/19/13 03:05 PM, VoidForce wrote: Digimon World - Always overshadowed by the Pokemon series, this game never left the mark it should have. It contained a large number of bugs but overlooking that, the gameplay was great and really breathed new life into the classic Digital Pet genre and evolved it entirely. It's a shame that all of the sequels took such different turns except for the newest release which is Japan only (Digimon World: Redigitize, if you're interested).
I remember playing that game a majority of the day when I was child. Even though I never beat the game it was still incredibly fun watching the Digimon evolve, get stronger, and get others recruited to New File City.

As a child I never managed to beat the game, always ended up with a Numemon because I wasn't a great tamer. Even after about 12 in-game years I ever managed to complete it.

I player it more recently, however, and beat the main boss on I think it was my fourth Digimon cycle. There's still loads to do after that though, plenty of stuff for completionists. If you still have it, I'd recommend giving it a go again and seeing how much the difficulty drops when you're more sure of what you're doing.

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Games 2013-01-20 13:29:43

Azurik: rise of perathia.

"Nermal is a piece of shit." Darthdenim

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Games 2013-01-20 14:47:00

Mother 3 or Earthbound...I love them both equally, but for different reasons

Mother 3 for cinematic and story reasons. So amazing

Earthbound because of the art style, and..."vibe" of it. The colors, and music, etc just come together to create this atmosphere...it's really immersive.

But I think the best crafted game, form a artistic viewpoint, is Yoshi's Island

Response to Underrated Games 2013-01-20 14:48:21

At 1/20/13 02:47 PM, LemonCrush wrote: Fuck

DAMN IT. Wrong thread

Response to Underrated Games 2013-01-20 16:16:55

I took a look at a few screenshots and read that it was a fighting game, seems quite RPG-like aesthetically. Shame it wasn't released in the PAL region. What's the gameplay like?

Two robots are shot fro ma cannon and you just shoot and smack each other to death. It's a lot more strategic than it sounds, you need to customize your robo so it's stats are good. YOu're right it is a shame it was never released for europe, luckily i got that disk that lets me play it, custom robo arena is PAL and is considered to be the best one.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Games 2013-01-20 16:22:46

Kinetica, sky odyssey and invasion from beyond. I've mentioned them a few times before.

my sig has fighters in it bitches

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Games 2013-01-21 16:03:40

Spiral Knights is one of my favorite games and it seems that not many people play it. It's somewhat kiddish, some might say, but I love it!

Response to Underrated Games 2013-01-21 21:42:05

At 1/20/13 01:29 PM, OmegaweaponV5 wrote: Azurik: rise of perathia.

That game was pretty good.

At 1/20/13 04:22 PM, weasleman wrote: Kinetica, sky odyssey and invasion from beyond. I've mentioned them a few times before.

Kinetica was one of the few racing games that I could enjoy.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Underrated Games 2013-01-21 21:47:05

I just started this one a couple days ago...

Terra. Fucking. Nigma.

Jesus Christ, that game is amazing. Took every thing cool about Final Fantasy 3, removed all the stupid turn based bullshit and filler, combined it with Link to the Past and made a perfect RPG.

Wowzers. I wish more RPGs were like that.

Response to Underrated Games 2013-01-21 22:30:30

Metal Arms: A glitch in the System.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to Underrated Games 2013-01-22 16:45:40

One of the best but most unappreciated early 3D fighters was Tobal No. 1. I completely forgot that I even had that game but it was very good. I got it alongside Battle Arena Toshinden (which I don't recommend) and thought that the fighting system was great and I enjoyed the adventure mode they included in it.

BBS Signature