mr-a
mr-a
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Goldeneye "cold War" Sound Effect? Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 05:32 PM Reply

Hello,

I'm using Fruity Loops to score a movie with a conspiracy theme. My question is: how would you replicate that cold war sound effect in this song from the Goldeneye N64 soundtrack? That echo-ey, metallic sound that happens about every six seconds?

Again, here is the song (it's just the menu music when you check your watch): http://youtu.be/JKTwqOImf-c

I want that sound just because it gives off that hush-hush secret conspiracy tone, you know? I don't know if it's a specific instrument, or an effect added to an instrument, or what.

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to Goldeneye "cold War" Sound Effect? Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 06:16 PM Reply

There is or was a sound effect in FL named "sonar" and that was very close to this. I can't find it anymore but it was there...

mr-a
mr-a
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Goldeneye "cold War" Sound Effect? Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 07:54 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 06:16 PM, sorohanro wrote: There is or was a sound effect in FL named "sonar" and that was very close to this. I can't find it anymore but it was there...

Holy crap, that's perfect! Adjusting the pitch just a bit makes it sound dead-on! Thanks!

hoswain87
hoswain87
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Goldeneye "cold War" Sound Effect? Jan. 19th, 2014 @ 11:22 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 07:54 PM, mr-a wrote:
At 1/16/13 06:16 PM, sorohanro wrote: There is or was a sound effect in FL named "sonar" and that was very close to this. I can't find it anymore but it was there...
Holy crap, that's perfect! Adjusting the pitch just a bit makes it sound dead-on! Thanks!

Hey mr-a,

I'm trying to find this exact sound effect that you are talking about but having absolutely no luck with it, it is for a soundscape for an upcoming exhibition.

Would it be at all possible if you still have this sound effect if you could email it to me?

I would be very grateful.

Look forward to hearing.

Cheers,
H

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to Goldeneye "cold War" Sound Effect? Jan. 20th, 2014 @ 12:30 AM Reply

At 1/16/13 07:54 PM, mr-a wrote:

What was it in? I love that sound.

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature