00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Goldeneye "cold War" Sound Effect?

3,355 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hello,

I'm using Fruity Loops to score a movie with a conspiracy theme. My question is: how would you replicate that cold war sound effect in this song from the Goldeneye N64 soundtrack? That echo-ey, metallic sound that happens about every six seconds?

Again, here is the song (it's just the menu music when you check your watch): http://youtu.be/JKTwqOImf-c

I want that sound just because it gives off that hush-hush secret conspiracy tone, you know? I don't know if it's a specific instrument, or an effect added to an instrument, or what.

Response to Goldeneye "cold War" Sound Effect? 2013-01-16 18:16:21

There is or was a sound effect in FL named "sonar" and that was very close to this. I can't find it anymore but it was there...

Response to Goldeneye "cold War" Sound Effect? 2013-01-16 19:54:34

At 1/16/13 06:16 PM, sorohanro wrote: There is or was a sound effect in FL named "sonar" and that was very close to this. I can't find it anymore but it was there...

Holy crap, that's perfect! Adjusting the pitch just a bit makes it sound dead-on! Thanks!

Response to Goldeneye "cold War" Sound Effect? 2014-01-19 23:22:12

At 1/16/13 07:54 PM, mr-a wrote:
At 1/16/13 06:16 PM, sorohanro wrote: There is or was a sound effect in FL named "sonar" and that was very close to this. I can't find it anymore but it was there...
Holy crap, that's perfect! Adjusting the pitch just a bit makes it sound dead-on! Thanks!

Hey mr-a,

I'm trying to find this exact sound effect that you are talking about but having absolutely no luck with it, it is for a soundscape for an upcoming exhibition.

Would it be at all possible if you still have this sound effect if you could email it to me?

I would be very grateful.

Look forward to hearing.

Cheers,
H

Response to Goldeneye "cold War" Sound Effect? 2014-01-20 00:30:47

At 1/16/13 07:54 PM, mr-a wrote:

What was it in? I love that sound.