Be a Supporter!

"electronic music sounds the same"

  • 2,167 Views
  • 102 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
"electronic music sounds the same" Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 12:50 PM Reply

I hate people who use this stupid argument against electronic music.

I can use the same for music with acoustic instruments.

"everyone uses the same instruments how do I tell the difference between each band/song?"

/rant


lel

Chemich
Chemich
  • Member since: Jan. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to "electronic music sounds the same" Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 12:52 PM Reply

those beeps and whistles are rotting your brain, johnny. don't succumb to the devils sirens!


☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
supergandhi64
supergandhi64
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
Response to "electronic music sounds the same" Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 12:56 PM Reply

yeah, people refer to it as "music"... don't kid yourself, buddy. only electronic "music" fans think of it as anything else than noise

--supergandhi64


BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to "electronic music sounds the same" Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 12:57 PM Reply

It's just because they're not familiar with the genre, so the songs they have listened to do sound very similar in their mind.
People use it as an argument against every genre.

STEM
STEM
  • Member since: Nov. 26, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to "electronic music sounds the same" Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 12:58 PM Reply

applicable for every style of music


[ Forum Mod // Send PM ]

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to "electronic music sounds the same" Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 01:00 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 12:56 PM, supergandhi64 wrote: yeah, people refer to it as "music"... don't kid yourself, buddy. only electronic "music" fans think of it as anything else than noise

--supergandhi64

You make me so angry sometimes, Gandhi. When why you stop being so ignorant?


BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to "electronic music sounds the same" Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 01:06 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 01:00 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote: You make me so angry sometimes, Gandhi. When why you stop being so ignorant?

Cos it's just a troll account.


This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
Drony
Drony
  • Member since: Nov. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to "electronic music sounds the same" Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 01:10 PM Reply

Most people can't tell the difference between galactic ecstasy or acid.


BBS Signature
supergandhi64
supergandhi64
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
Response to "electronic music sounds the same" Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 01:18 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 01:00 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote:
At 1/16/13 12:56 PM, supergandhi64 wrote: yeah, people refer to it as "music"... don't kid yourself, buddy. only electronic "music" fans think of it as anything else than noise

--supergandhi64
You make me so angry sometimes, Gandhi. When why you stop being so ignorant?

when why what now? i don't mean any offense against people who listen to electronic noise personally, but it's wrong of them to call it music. i have yet to hear any satisfying argument in favour of synthetic bleeps and bloops being considered music

--supergandhi64


BBS Signature
Tremulos
Tremulos
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to "electronic music sounds the same" Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 01:27 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 01:18 PM, supergandhi64 wrote: when why what now? i don't mean any offense against people who listen to electronic noise personally, but it's wrong of them to call it music. i have yet to hear any satisfying argument in favour of synthetic bleeps and bloops being considered music

--supergandhi64

I fully agree. "Music" made entirely with a computer is the closest ROBOTS will ever get to enjoying music, but HUMANS can enjoy ACTUAL music that they PLAY THEMSELVES. If you disagree than you're dumb.


It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature
Chemich
Chemich
  • Member since: Jan. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to "electronic music sounds the same" Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 01:30 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 01:27 PM, Tremulos wrote:
At 1/16/13 01:18 PM, supergandhi64 wrote: when why what now? i don't mean any offense against people who listen to electronic noise personally, but it's wrong of them to call it music. i have yet to hear any satisfying argument in favour of synthetic bleeps and bloops being considered music

--supergandhi64
snipy

YEAH, FREEBIRD!

'Murica!


☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to "electronic music sounds the same" Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 01:31 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 01:18 PM, supergandhi64 wrote:
At 1/16/13 01:00 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote:
At 1/16/13 12:56 PM, supergandhi64 wrote: yeah, people refer to it as "music"... don't kid yourself, buddy. only electronic "music" fans think of it as anything else than noise

--supergandhi64
You make me so angry sometimes, Gandhi. When why you stop being so ignorant?
when why what now? i don't mean any offense against people who listen to electronic noise personally, but it's wrong of them to call it music. i have yet to hear any satisfying argument in favour of synthetic bleeps and bloops being considered music

--supergandhi64

I haven't taken an interest in Punk Rock and from that one Sex Pistols song I've heard on the radio I can conclude that the entire genre is crap.


BBS Signature
Otto
Otto
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Animator
Response to "electronic music sounds the same" Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 01:32 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 01:18 PM, supergandhi64 wrote: when why what now? i don't mean any offense against people who listen to electronic noise personally, but it's wrong of them to call it music. i have yet to hear any satisfying argument in favour of synthetic bleeps and bloops being considered music

--supergandhi64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WTxC8wnXQo

-Otto


This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to "electronic music sounds the same" Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 01:34 PM Reply

I bet this line is from a pop/rock person.

Tremulos
Tremulos
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to "electronic music sounds the same" Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 01:38 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 01:32 PM, Otto wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WTxC8wnXQo

-Otto

All jokes aside, this is really cool music, I like it a lot, and the same argument seems to be happening in the Youtube comments (what a surprise).

4nicemagic 3 days ago
is this supposed to be music?


It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to "electronic music sounds the same" Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 01:40 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 01:38 PM, Tremulos wrote:
At 1/16/13 01:32 PM, Otto wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WTxC8wnXQo

-Otto
All jokes aside, this is really cool music, I like it a lot, and the same argument seems to be happening in the Youtube comments (what a surprise).

4nicemagic 3 days ago
is this supposed to be music?

There's wayy way way too much electronic music to label it as a whole. I'm listening to this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyHG_CPOqnw&hd=1


BBS Signature
SineRider
SineRider
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 18
Musician
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Gamer
Response to "electronic music sounds the same" Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 02:50 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 01:27 PM, Tremulos wrote:

I fully agree. "Music" made entirely with a computer is the closest ROBOTS will ever get to enjoying music, but HUMANS can enjoy ACTUAL music that they PLAY THEMSELVES. If you disagree than you're dumb.

lol sounds dumb but people actually use "actual music" for their argument.

facepalm

lel

Tstelie
Tstelie
  • Member since: Nov. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to "electronic music sounds the same" Jan. 17th, 2013 @ 06:08 AM Reply

stop making music that you fit into a genre

Ghombeat
Ghombeat
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to "electronic music sounds the same" Jan. 17th, 2013 @ 06:48 AM Reply

At 1/16/13 01:18 PM, supergandhi64 wrote: yeah, people refer to it as "music"... don't kid yourself, buddy. only electronic "music" fans think of it as anything else than noise

Why do i have a feel that your trollings are becoming less effective lately?


A wild lurker appeared!

Weeaboo
Weeaboo
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to "electronic music sounds the same" Jan. 17th, 2013 @ 07:42 AM Reply

At 1/17/13 07:41 AM, Corbetto wrote: i frikin know right, it's even worse when people think techno is a term to describe all electronic music.

Ur jus med dat he is rite xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD


BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to "electronic music sounds the same" Jan. 17th, 2013 @ 07:47 AM Reply

Electronic music just refers to the way its made, to say it all sounds similar is like saying all non-electronic music sounds the same.

I cant remember the last time I heard a drum and bass song that sounded like synthpop, or an electro song that sounded like techno.

TruBluFoxx
TruBluFoxx
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to "electronic music sounds the same" Jan. 17th, 2013 @ 07:49 AM Reply

At 1/16/13 12:50 PM, Sequenced wrote: I hate people who use this stupid argument against electronic music.

I can use the same for music with acoustic instruments.

"everyone uses the same instruments how do I tell the difference between each band/song?"

/rant

Dude, I like some electronic too, but a lot of it does sound the same.


BBS Signature
Weeaboo
Weeaboo
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to "electronic music sounds the same" Jan. 17th, 2013 @ 07:51 AM Reply

At 1/17/13 07:47 AM, BumFodder wrote: Electronic music just refers to the way its made, to say it all sounds similar is like saying all non-electronic music sounds the same.

I cant remember the last time I heard a drum and bass song that sounded like synthpop, or an electro song that sounded like techno.

Do you honestly believe that people who say that give a flying fuck about how many subgenres electronic music or whatever the fuck you call it?


BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to "electronic music sounds the same" Jan. 17th, 2013 @ 07:54 AM Reply

At 1/17/13 07:51 AM, Weeaboo wrote: Do you honestly believe that people who say that give a flying fuck about how many subgenres electronic music or whatever the fuck you call it?

implying electronic music is a genre

TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to "electronic music sounds the same" Jan. 17th, 2013 @ 08:39 AM Reply

At 1/17/13 07:54 AM, BumFodder wrote:
At 1/17/13 07:51 AM, Weeaboo wrote: Do you honestly believe that people who say that give a flying fuck about how many subgenres electronic music or whatever the fuck you call it?
implying electronic music is a genre

Isn't it?


BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to "electronic music sounds the same" Jan. 17th, 2013 @ 08:45 AM Reply

At 1/17/13 08:39 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote: Isn't it?

How would it be a genre? That wouldnt make any sense whatsoever that a bunch of almost completely unrelated genres would be grouped together under one genre. Its just a description of a group of genres. Its common sense and I just checked wikipedia and it says pretty much the same thing.

TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to "electronic music sounds the same" Jan. 17th, 2013 @ 08:48 AM Reply

At 1/17/13 08:45 AM, BumFodder wrote:
At 1/17/13 08:39 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote: Isn't it?
Its common sense and I just checked wikipedia and it says pretty much the same thing.

eh, I don't really care that much. Genres don't phase me much anymore.


BBS Signature
Jin
Jin
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Blank Slate
Response to "electronic music sounds the same" Jan. 17th, 2013 @ 09:03 AM Reply

If people call this music, I guess anything can be music.

Fart sound album anyone?

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to "electronic music sounds the same" Jan. 17th, 2013 @ 09:06 AM Reply

At 1/17/13 09:03 AM, Jin wrote: If people call this music, I guess anything can be music.

Fart sound album anyone?

It can. Was that supposed to me all electronic music? I've got a few Slipknot songs if you want to listen to all metal.


BBS Signature