New Topic Respond to this Topic
Ononymous
Ononymous
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Why I Support Banning The Burkha Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 09:20 AM Reply

I am fucking sick of seeing this medievil garb in my country (Britain). It trivializes rape because it gives out the massage that women should have to cover themselves in a dark sheet to avoid men being overcome by lust when they see them.

The burkha is cultural terrorism, which attacks men by claiming that we will rape women according to what they wear, which is just fucking stupid. I think all feminists should abhor and detest this garment.

It just makes me so fucking angry, France had the right idea in banning the burkha.

MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Why I Support Banning The Burkha Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 09:32 AM Reply

At 1/16/13 09:20 AM, Ononymous wrote: I am fucking sick of seeing this medievil garb in my country (Britain). It trivializes rape because it gives out the massage that women should have to cover themselves in a dark sheet to avoid men being overcome by lust when they see them.

not all women do it for god sake, only muslim women, and fuck those women if they believe us men cant contain ourselves. But I aint going to suppress women who desire to dress up as ku klux ninjas.

The burkha is cultural terrorism, which attacks men by claiming that we will rape women according to what they wear, which is just fucking stupid. I think all feminists should abhor and detest this garment.

its a piece of clothing and you're overreacting

It just makes me so fucking angry, France had the right idea in banning the burkha.

Dont be angry, be happy

BBS Signature
Chemich
Chemich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Why I Support Banning The Burkha Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 09:33 AM Reply

Too bad their own kind rape their own women willingly and freely and get away with it... funny thing is the women get punished for it too. I'd call your post a legitimate claim, but alas the Arabian culture is just monumentally "fucked," the only reason they go to other countries is to get away from their own bullshit that even they can't handle.

Most know how fucked up their culture and society is, just they're too pathetic to do anything for it. Running away from their problems really, better off just leaving it be and not caring.

I'd rather not press the issue at least since it's none of my business to begin with, but then again I'm just an "ignorant foolish American."

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
Drony
Drony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Why I Support Banning The Burkha Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 09:35 AM Reply

At 1/16/13 09:20 AM, Ononymous wrote: I am fucking sick of seeing this medievil garb in my country (Britain). It trivializes rape because it gives out the massage that women should have to cover themselves in a dark sheet to avoid men being overcome by lust when they see them.

because it gives out the massage

the massage

Yeah fuck massages.

BBS Signature
positively-negative
positively-negative
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Reader
Response to Why I Support Banning The Burkha Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 09:42 AM Reply

I had a professor in Social Anthropology who did field work on Islamic women in western societies. The interesting points she came out with was that for the women that wear them, it is an option, even within the Islamic societies in the west. The main reason they choose to wear it has very little to do with any sort of "prevention of sexual objectification" as much as it has to do with asserting themselves as both a Muslim and as a woman in a place where Islam is less prevalent.

It's about creating a sense of identity for a lot of them, and I could never encourage the stripping of another person's identity.

TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Why I Support Banning The Burkha Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 09:43 AM Reply

Why would you want to ban cumming on ladies faces?

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Why I Support Banning The Burkha Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 09:57 AM Reply

At 1/16/13 09:43 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote: Why would you want to ban cumming on ladies faces?

eye c wut u didd thar

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Reader
Response to Why I Support Banning The Burkha Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 10:00 AM Reply

People should dress the way they want to.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG Trophy Leaderboard / NG User Icon Makers / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
Dry-Ice
Dry-Ice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Why I Support Banning The Burkha Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 10:00 AM Reply

At 1/16/13 09:42 AM, positively-negative wrote: The interesting points she came out with was that for the women that wear them, it is an option, even within the Islamic societies in the west.

According to Wikipedia it's still enforced by various warlords in southern Afghanistan?

BBS Mod, PM me if you have something to report.

BBS Signature
Ononymous
Ononymous
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Why I Support Banning The Burkha Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 10:02 AM Reply

At 1/16/13 10:00 AM, LiquidFire wrote: People should dress the way they want to.

Even if it expresses a harmful message, like the wearing of a swastika armband?

MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Why I Support Banning The Burkha Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 10:04 AM Reply

At 1/16/13 10:02 AM, Ononymous wrote: Even if it expresses a harmful message, like the wearing of a swastika armband?

you dont know what the message of the burkha is then.

some has just said it was religious identity like a christian wearing the cross or jews with their funny hats

not a symbol that represented a german political party that exterminated millions of jews, gypsies and homosexuals.

BBS Signature
positively-negative
positively-negative
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Reader
Response to Why I Support Banning The Burkha Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 10:06 AM Reply

At 1/16/13 10:00 AM, Dry-Ice wrote: According to Wikipedia it's still enforced by various warlords in southern Afghanistan?

I was being specific towards Islamic women in Western countries who have the option, not the extreme and draconian views exhibited by lunatic warlords in Southern Afghanistan.

Ononymous
Ononymous
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Why I Support Banning The Burkha Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 10:16 AM Reply

At 1/16/13 10:04 AM, MrPercie wrote:
At 1/16/13 10:02 AM, Ononymous wrote: Even if it expresses a harmful message, like the wearing of a swastika armband?
you dont know what the message of the burkha is then.

The message of the burkha is that women would be violated by men in their countries without hiding the parts of their bodies that could attract them.

In other words it legitimises sexual assault and it makes me wonder why feminists aren't up in arms over it.

MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Why I Support Banning The Burkha Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 10:21 AM Reply

At 1/16/13 10:16 AM, Ononymous wrote: The message of the burkha is that women would be violated by men in their countries without hiding the parts of their bodies that could attract them.

give me the quotation from the quran that says that or some reliable website source that says such athing

otherwise, your talking out of your arse

BBS Signature
Dry-Ice
Dry-Ice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Why I Support Banning The Burkha Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 10:24 AM Reply

At 1/16/13 10:06 AM, positively-negative wrote:
At 1/16/13 10:00 AM, Dry-Ice wrote: According to Wikipedia it's still enforced by various warlords in southern Afghanistan?
I was being specific towards Islamic women in Western countries who have the option, not the extreme and draconian views exhibited by lunatic warlords in Southern Afghanistan.

Ahh okay, my mistake then. I still think it's an interesting subject, my views on the subject are that it should be a choice and not enforced but to suggest banning it is pathetic, just like banning any article of clothing would be.

People get so up in arms about symbolism and jumping to harsh conclusions, for example the swastika arm band issue - the swastika was an Indian symbol for good luck before it was ever used to represent the ideals of the Nazi party. I get that a swastika arm-band in red, white and black is difficult to interpret any other way, but until you know for sure that the person wearing it is a neo-Nazi, you shouldn't judge them that way.

Why I Support Banning The Burkha

BBS Mod, PM me if you have something to report.

BBS Signature
satanbrain
satanbrain
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Why I Support Banning The Burkha Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 10:49 AM Reply

The burka-wearing women I see do talk to men shamelessly. I doubt they somehow encourage rape.

(הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים אָמַר קֹהֶלֶת, הֲבֵל הֲבָלִים הַכֹּל הָבֶל. דּוֹר הֹלֵךְ וְדוֹר בָּא, וְהָאָרֶץ לְעוֹלָם עֹמָדֶת. (קהלת א ג, ה

BBS Signature
xxxcreep
xxxcreep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Why I Support Banning The Burkha Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 11:01 AM Reply

At 1/16/13 09:20 AM, Ononymous wrote:

:It trivializes rape because it gives out the massage that women should have to cover themselves in a dark sheet to avoid men being overcome by lust when they see them.

I agree with this. I would hope that they would feel more comfortable wearing what they want outside of their country, but its their religion, so ya cant really complain about it. Like jews wearing yamakas or the amish wearing all that pilgrim stuff.

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature
Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Why I Support Banning The Burkha Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 11:06 AM Reply

At 1/16/13 10:02 AM, Ononymous wrote:
At 1/16/13 10:00 AM, LiquidFire wrote: People should dress the way they want to.

you're a fucking fascist and you hate free speech, ergo you hate freedom

you're a bigger danger to freedom in the UK than a million burkhas

Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Why I Support Banning The Burkha Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 11:09 AM Reply

Yes.

The government has no right to regulate dress even if it's something you consider harmful.

TNT
TNT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Why I Support Banning The Burkha Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 11:36 AM Reply

There is no reason to ban the Burka if there are laws that protect victims of sexual assault in the United States and the United Kingdom. Most women that wears them in the US and UK are more than likely aware that it's illegal to commit sexual assault for any reason, so I can only conclude that they wear them for some other reason (identity, religious views regardless of what law exists in their country, etc). Banning the Burka in the United States will also violate the First Amendment of the Constitution regarding Freedom of Religion, but I don't completely know how the laws of the UK work other then basic criminal laws.

Latest song cover: Rock Is Dead.
Steam ID: echoes83 (Tyler from Texas)

BBS Signature
Ononymous
Ononymous
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Why I Support Banning The Burkha Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 11:38 AM Reply

At 1/16/13 11:06 AM, Earfetish wrote:
At 1/16/13 10:02 AM, Ononymous wrote:
you're a fucking fascist and you hate free speech, ergo you hate freedom

you're a bigger danger to freedom in the UK than a million burkhas

I didn't say it should be directly banned did I?

Anyway, if you think it's fascist to ask people to adhere to a dress code, why not defend people's right to wear a balaclava into a bank or to walk naked down the street? People with full head coverings can disguise their identities in security situations, but people have to respect the burqa and get called racist in multiculti Britain if they ask women to unveil for security reasons- look at Jack Straw asking women to remove their veils in his office- freedom is limited by how harmful something is to others!

supergandhi64
supergandhi64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Why I Support Banning The Burkha Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 12:05 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 09:20 AM, Ononymous wrote: I think all feminists should abhor and detest this garment.

don't tell feminists what to do, they'll do what they want without you telling them what to do. you're being a misogynistic pig trying to wrest control of their lives away from them. a feminist can make up their own mind about the burqa and women can wear whatever they want. disgusting rape propagators like yourself make me sick. you are a psychological rapist, do you even realize it yourself

--supergandhi64

BBS Signature
Chemich
Chemich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Why I Support Banning The Burkha Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 12:16 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 11:09 AM, Entice wrote:
Yes.

The government has no right to regulate dress even if it's something you consider harmful.

Because the Finnish Airforce Swastika of World War 2 makes us all Jew Hating Neophytes...

Swastikas aren't inherently evil, it's just how the human race made it out to be.

LEARN HISTORY KIDS.

Why I Support Banning The Burkha

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Why I Support Banning The Burkha Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 12:19 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 11:38 AM, Ononymous wrote: Anyway, if you think it's fascist to ask people to adhere to a dress code, why not defend people's right to wear a balaclava into a bank or to walk naked down the street?

People do have the right to walk into a bank with a balaclava, just dont be surprised if everyone starts cowering fear or trys to wrestle you to the ground and take your mask off

And havent you heard of nudist's? although im not sure they can walk down any street but there are pulic places where nudists can go.

People with full head coverings can disguise their identities in security situations, but people have to respect the burqa and get called racist in multiculti Britain if they ask women to unveil for security reasons- look at Jack Straw asking women to remove their veils in his office- freedom is limited by how harmful something is to others!

I can understand there is a secruity risk for the burkha and that is the only legitimate reason against it since its one that can stop crime.

But outright banning a piece of clothing is just as extreme as muslims forcing woman to wear the burkha.

BBS Signature
Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Why I Support Banning The Burkha Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 12:23 PM Reply

A lot of women enjoy wearing the burkha because they love feeling closer to God. Who are you to want to deny them that?

It's a grey issue. The best way is to wait for religion to just fade away.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
T3XT
T3XT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Why I Support Banning The Burkha Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 12:45 PM Reply

People can wear burkhas is they want to. No one's making you wear it. Get over it, and stop overreacting about what it means to you. If you don't believe in it, you shouldn't care.

Makakaov
Makakaov
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Why I Support Banning The Burkha Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 12:48 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 09:20 AM, Ononymous wrote: The burkha is cultural terrorism, which attacks men by claiming that we will rape women according to what they wear...

Actualy it's true. If you see girl which looks like a slut, you treat her like a slut no matter what she wants to be treated like.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Why I Support Banning The Burkha Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 12:59 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 09:42 AM, positively-negative wrote: I had a professor in Social Anthropology who did field work on Islamic women in western societies. The interesting points she came out with was that for the women that wear them, it is an option, even within the Islamic societies in the west. The main reason they choose to wear it has very little to do with any sort of "prevention of sexual objectification" as much as it has to do with asserting themselves as both a Muslim and as a woman in a place where Islam is less prevalent.

It's about creating a sense of identity for a lot of them, and I could never encourage the stripping of another person's identity.

I would believe that the prevention of sexual objectification is not the only reason for wearing them (or is perhaps not even a reason at all).

However, it sounds a little implausible to me that Arabian women have a free choice to wear burkhas or not and that there is absolutely no pressure coming from anywhere (not from men, not from the Muslim society, not from social norms, not from other women) to wear them.

Anyway, whatever the reasons, I'm not in favour of a ban like in France. If it is purely out of choice then it's fine because everyone should be free to wear what they like. If women are forced to wear them for questionable reasons then I think it's best to try and convince Muslims it's not okay, hoping that they will voluntarily stop the usage of them. I get that that's difficult and time consuming though and instigating a ban is easy.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Why I Support Banning The Burkha Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 01:02 PM Reply

At 1/16/13 11:38 AM, Ononymous wrote: I didn't say it should be directly banned did I?

Please see thread title for evidence

why not defend people's right to wear a balaclava into a bank or to walk naked down the street?

I support the rights of commercial property owners to decide their own dress codes, from 'no trainers in this club' to 'no face coverings in the bank'. I also support the right of you to throw people out of your house if they don't take their shoes off in the hallway. I don't support all-out bans on anything though, even though I agree with you that the burkha represents women as second-class citizens and that the arguments supporting it say some pretty offensive things about rape.

RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Why I Support Banning The Burkha Jan. 16th, 2013 @ 08:54 PM Reply

Not to mention that girl in Philadelphia got kidnapped by a woman in full Muslim garb that hid her identity. Yes, the school staff were completely fucking boneheaded and should be fired/sued for allowing the woman to take her, but at that point, it's a serious public safety risk. What if someone were to use that to rob a bank?