New Topic Respond to this Topic
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 09:47 PM Reply

At 1/26/13 09:38 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: That's exactly the point Guns are not moral in any way or form.

Also a gun is not moral because it's an inanimate object. Inanimate objects do not have morals. A gun has about the same morality as a cheese sandwich.

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 09:58 PM Reply

At 1/26/13 09:44 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 1/26/13 09:38 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: That's exactly the point Guns are not moral in any way or form.
But stealing them from people under threat of violence or force, is?

Who said stealing LOL. The Government can bloody well buy them from the owners as far as I am concerned so long as they are destroyed. That's not to say that you could not get more guns on the black market but now you would be breaking the law if caught with them off your personal property lines if you own any that is. All I know is that when I went to the the shooting range I shot a Desert Eagle .50cal and I needed to do 3 extra hrs of Yoga and Mediation that day just to re aline my Chakras.

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 10:00 PM Reply

At 1/26/13 09:47 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
Also a gun is not moral because it's an inanimate object. Inanimate objects do not have morals. A gun has about the same morality as a cheese sandwich.

Cheese sandwich is also unmoral due to the fact that the milk extracted from the cow to make the cheese was under extreme duress.

BBS Signature
Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 10:35 PM Reply

Cheese sandwich is also unmoral due to the fact that the milk extracted from the cow to make the cheese was under extreme duress.

..They like it.. It hurts if you don't milk them...

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 10:45 PM Reply

At 1/26/13 10:35 PM, Ceratisa wrote:

They use mechanical milkers in a cage and the puss starts to build up on the utters and then it goes into the milk supply. The Government allows a certain amount of Puss to be present in the milk even after pasteurization.

BBS Signature
Feoric
Feoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 12:22 AM Reply

At 1/26/13 10:00 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: Cheese sandwich is also unmoral due to the fact that the milk extracted from the cow to make the cheese was under extreme duress.

lmao

New York should be banning cheese sandwiches instead of guns.

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 12:31 AM Reply

At 1/26/13 10:45 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
They use mechanical milkers in a cage and the puss starts to build up on the utters and then it goes into the milk supply. The Government allows a certain amount of Puss to be present in the milk even after pasteurization.

Already know about that stuff. I'm talking about old cow milking. Are you a vegan? or are you just trying to be deliberately obtuse? You never address the actual talking points. You are dismissive and flippant.

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 12:31 AM Reply

At 1/27/13 12:22 AM, Feoric wrote:
At 1/26/13 10:00 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: Cheese sandwich is also unmoral due to the fact that the milk extracted from the cow to make the cheese was under extreme duress.
lmao

New York should be banning cheese sandwiches instead of guns.

I think Obesity and heart disease kill more people than do guns in the US so ya . As Arnold says "Milk is for babies"

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 12:34 AM Reply

At 1/27/13 12:31 AM, Ceratisa wrote:
At 1/26/13 10:45 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
Already know about that stuff. I'm talking about old cow milking. Are you a vegan? or are you just trying to be deliberately obtuse? You never address the actual talking points. You are dismissive and flippant.

Went Vegan for a whole year strict not so much as a humanitarian thing but just to see the health benefits and detriments as well as I was layed off from my job so I was tight of funds and as you know Dairy and Meat products are very expensive.

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 12:44 AM Reply

Fuck off troll.

An inanimate object cannot have morals. This is impossible, by the very concept of morals.

Now go die, fascist.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 12:45 AM Reply

At 1/26/13 09:58 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: All I know is that when I went to the the shooting range I shot a Desert Eagle .50cal

Lie

wildfire4461
wildfire4461
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 07:26 AM Reply

At 1/27/13 12:31 AM, Ceratisa wrote:
Are you a vegan? or are you just trying to be deliberately obtuse? You never address the actual talking points. You are dismissive and flippant.

No it's called being a troll. And now it looks like he has a butt boy to help him out.

That's right I like guns and ponies. Problem cocksuckers?
Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense. IMPEACH OBAMA.

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 12:21 PM Reply

At 1/26/13 08:56 PM, JackPhantasm wrote: No I think you shouldn't want a gun because it's a fucking self-defecation neanderthal tendancy that modern society should strive to destroy.

How so? You present no logic or reason. Just a bunch of fear-based, ignorant emotion. While your statement may pass for 'cosmopolitan' in today's Urban towers of Intelligentsia...it lacks any sort of nuance or insight.

Debunking conspiracy theories for the New World Order since 1995...
" I hereby accuse you attempting to silence me..." --PurePress

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 12:24 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 12:45 AM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 1/26/13 09:58 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: All I know is that when I went to the the shooting range I shot a Desert Eagle .50cal
Lie

Also shot a .357 Magnum Revolver and some other smaller hand guns 9mm I think or similar but IMO the .357 was the best handling and more than enough stopping power. The Degal .50cal is an all american made Piece of shit because it's way to heavy and bulky, it handles like shit, the accuracy is shit and it's tiring to use and to loud.

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 12:39 PM Reply

At 1/26/13 02:58 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: Funny you have nothing to back up your claims but your incessant whining that everyone agrees with you LOL. Further you are trying to imply that the law system is infallible and perfect instead of basing your ideals about gun ownership and so called rights on morals and respect you cop out to a corrupt system of coercion and oppression to justify your agenda.

Dude...I have a wide body of scientific literature backing me up. I also have a wide breadth of experience on this topic from which to speak authoritatively. And I have posted links ad nauseum on this BBS. The person who makes claims with nothing backing them up...is you.

Secondly, how can I whine that everyone agrees with me when there are many on this BBS who disagree as well as a minority percentage of academics? This is a reach.

Thirdly, guess what? Promoting gun rights is fundamentally counter to the idea that the 'law system' is perfect! By advocating for gun rughts I am basically admitting:
* Elected officials are corruptable and power corrupts (absolute power corrupts absolutely).
* Police are also corruptable and are invested with great power and that gun rights are a balance to the power of the police and a bulwark against an absolute police state.
* Police are incapable of adequately providing protection, and that a fundamental human right is the concept of self-defense.
However, by advocating taking all guns out of civilian hands YOU are implicity and de facto placing your tust in an infallible and perfect system. Not me. :)

Finally, my advocacy of gun rights is based upon a philosophy and moral framework that supports a free society. I support gun rights because they are a bulwark against corruption, coercion, and oppression. Self-defense is the fundamental human and civil right.

Your position on this issue either reveals contradictions in your thought process or that you are troll. :)

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 12:48 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 12:24 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
At 1/27/13 12:45 AM, LemonCrush wrote:
Lie
Also shot a .357 Magnum Revolver and some other smaller hand guns 9mm I think or similar but IMO the .357 was the best handling and more than enough stopping power. The Degal .50cal is an all american made Piece of shit because it's way to heavy and bulky, it handles like shit, the accuracy is shit and it's tiring to use and to loud.

* The Desert Eagle actually originated in Israel.
* You are right, a .50 calibur handgun is like a luxury sports car. It is about having money to burn and flaunting your status.
* A .357 is probably the best self-defense gun you can buy. It can, usually, fire both .38 (cheaper) and .357 which is a magnum round. So you can do most of your training/practicing cheaply.

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 01:03 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 12:48 PM, TheMason wrote:
* The Desert Eagle actually originated in Israel.

Still a POS

* You are right, a .50 calibur handgun is like a luxury sports car. It is about having money to burn and flaunting your status.

More like a semi Truck not sports car. Only a dumbass would want to own one. The retards get the chrome out ones.

* A .357 is probably the best self-defense gun you can buy. It can, usually, fire both .38 (cheaper) and .357 which is a magnum round. So you can do most of your training/practicing cheaply.

A gun is not defensive it's an offensive killing machine.

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 01:47 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 01:03 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
Still a POS

I've never shot one so I don't know.

More like a semi Truck not sports car. Only a dumbass would want to own one. The retards get the chrome out ones.

The analogy is that it is an expensive toy that is not all that functional. It is used to show off wealth and status...and compensate.

A gun is not defensive it's an offensive killing machine.

*sigh* A gun is neither. It is the situation that determines whether or not it used offensively or defensively. This is a silly, foolish, and above all ignorant statement.

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 01:58 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 12:24 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:

:The Degal .50cal is an all american made

LOL. Idiot

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 02:00 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 01:03 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: A gun is not defensive it's an offensive killing machine.

Any proof?

Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 02:53 PM Reply

At 1/25/13 09:22 PM, Kellz5460 wrote: From the World Health Organization:
The latest Murder Statistics for the world:

Murders per 100,000 citizens

Honduras 91.6

What a coincidence. I was just looking at that in GWR.

ALL the countries above America have 100% gun bans

The United States 4.2

Yeah, I think it's a bad idea to have 100% gun ban, that is simply unconstitutional. Restrictions haven't been shown to hurt anyone much.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 03:44 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 02:53 PM, Ericho wrote: Yeah, I think it's a bad idea to have 100% gun ban, that is simply unconstitutional. Restrictions haven't been shown to hurt anyone much.

But here's the thing...how much more can we expect from further regulation?

I mean look at assault weapons bans. Assault rifle clones like the AR-15 and AK-47s are not used in crime. So why would they effect crime rates?

Also, think about it this way: if you're spending money putting law enforcement on the streets enforcing laws aimed at guns that are not commonly used in crime...where can you better put that money to use?

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 03:58 PM Reply

At 1/25/13 09:22 PM, Kellz5460 wrote: ALL the countries above America have 100% gun bans

ALL the countries you listed are 3rd World. Way to make a piss poor comparison.

That's like saying that the iMac is the best computer in the world and does not need to be upgraded because it seriously outclassed a handful of Apple IIes and Commodore 64s. Take that same iMac and put it up against an Alienwae computer and it might as well be an expensive calculator.

Do the same with the US by comparing to DEVELOPED nations and you see our numbers don't look so peachy.

The third world comparison fails mainly because third world countries don't have police forces or judicial systems developed to a strong enough level to deter even the simplest of criminals. Let's not forget the massive corruption there also.

In short. FAIL.

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 04:21 PM Reply

In short. FAIL.

Ya guns might be illigal in Mexico but if you pay a Cop $50 he will look the other way pay him $100 and he will tell you where you can buy the best guns for the cheapest prices and heck he might even sell you one LOL.

BBS Signature
Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 06:28 PM Reply

TO be fair any cross country comparison isn't really a legitimate example. The US has particularly unique social and economic differences compared to other countries.

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 06:31 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 06:28 PM, Ceratisa wrote: TO be fair any cross country comparison isn't really a legitimate example. The US has particularly unique social and economic differences compared to other countries.

Not any different that Canada and Europe and Australia other than the fact that the US is even more in cahoots with the wrong people and more debt and in even more trouble.

BBS Signature
Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 09:15 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 06:31 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
At 1/27/13 06:28 PM, Ceratisa wrote: TO be fair any cross country comparison isn't really a legitimate example. The US has particularly unique social and economic differences compared to other countries.
Not any different that Canada and Europe and Australia other than the fact that the US is even more in cahoots with the wrong people and more debt and in even more trouble.

Actually the US has amazingly different social aspects involved in it. To even attempt a comparison would force us to evaluate the fact that most gun crime is committed by black men. And their socioeconomic status being very different then groups in the countries you mention. If we removed them from the equation firearm related deaths and injuries would plummet.

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 09:23 PM Reply

At 1/27/13 09:15 PM, Ceratisa wrote:
Actually the US has amazingly different social aspects involved in it. To even attempt a comparison would force us to evaluate the fact that most gun crime is committed by black men. And their socioeconomic status being very different then groups in the countries you mention. If we removed them from the equation firearm related deaths and injuries would plummet.

There's a direct correlation between poverty and street crime. I ask you to consider the poverty levels between Canada, Europe, Australia and USA. Note all countries I previously denoted are highly developed 1st world countries with very similar class structure and lifestyle.

BBS Signature
Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 01:01 AM Reply

At 1/27/13 12:24 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: The Degal .50cal is an all american made Piece of shit because it's way to heavy and bulky, it handles like shit, the accuracy is shit and it's tiring to use and to loud.

that's because you lack the physical strength to handle the thing. not just anyone can handle that behemoth of a pistol. it's accuracy aint bad if you can hold it steady. problem with it lies in the fact that it's just plain overkill. It'd be alright if you were hunting bear, but I just can't bring myself to recommend using a gun with a clip when hunting an animal that could very well make you its next meal. I prefer revolvers myself... not that I would hunt something like a bear. meat's too greasy and why would I hunt that when I could go hunt something I can make sausage out of? deer!

Deagle ain't a terrible gun, but it doesn't have any practical use.

I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 28th, 2013 @ 11:04 AM Reply

At 1/27/13 09:23 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
At 1/27/13 09:15 PM, Ceratisa wrote:
There's a direct correlation between poverty and street crime. I ask you to consider the poverty levels between Canada, Europe, Australia and USA. Note all countries I previously denoted are highly developed 1st world countries with very similar class structure and lifestyle.

Yes the poverty-crime link is strong and causal. BUT there are major social differences between the US and those countries that significantly change the character of our class structure. We have two significant minority populations that make up an urban population that is a permanent second class with sub-par educational systems and limited economic opportunities. These sociological phenomenon is not present in Canada, Europe, or Australia.

BBS Signature