New Topic Respond to this Topic
CaveStoryGrounds
CaveStoryGrounds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 02:42 AM Reply

At 1/24/13 10:36 PM, LemonCrush wrote: Yeah, remember the mass shooting at Yankee Stadium?

What is that suppose to mean?

Fort Hood and military bases are gun free zones.

Odd, military bases are some of the very few places that aren't gun free in Canada. Would have figured the same for America.

Yeah, I'm sure the Aurora shooter had a personal vendetta against Christian Bale

Keyword: "commonly" Didn't say "always".

This is true. So why do mainstream media outlet stand on the graves of dead children?

Drama, sex, and murder makes money. Why do you think the US military is as big as it is?

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 02:56 AM Reply

At 1/25/13 02:35 AM, CaveStoryGrounds wrote:
The total number of gang homicides reported by respondents in the NYGS sample averaged nearly 2,000 annually from 2006 to 2010. During the same time period, the FBI estimated, on average, more than 16,000 homicides across the United States. These estimates suggest that gang-related homicides typically accounted for around 12 percent of all homicides annually.

Being that most gun crime happens in NYC, LA, Detroit, Flint, Miami, Chicago, etc and these place's are overrun with gang activity I am going to suggest that Gang activity accounts for the majority of Gun related homicide in the US.

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 11:19 AM Reply

At 1/25/13 02:42 AM, CaveStoryGrounds wrote: What is that suppose to mean?

It means their aren't mass shootings at all public places as you explain. Especially not at places with cops or armed security, like sporting events. Shooters, like the guy in Aurora, avoid places with armed people, and go for gun free zones.

Odd, military bases are some of the very few places that aren't gun free in Canada. Would have figured the same for America.

WTF? I thought you guys couldn't even have guns period in Canada? Now you're saying private firearm ownership is legal, and you can bring it to a military base?

Drama, sex, and murder makes money. Why do you think the US military is as big as it is?

That's an entirely different issue. Incidentally, not much to do with drama, sex, or murder, anyway.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 11:22 AM Reply

At 1/25/13 12:10 AM, leanlifter1 wrote: That's a failed statement because NYC and LA are infested with gangs so of course gun crime and violence would naturally be higher in Gang infested cities.

So we agree that the strict gun laws do nothing to stop gun violence.

It's also literally impossible to keep a criminal out of jail whats that three strikes and you out law in the US.

Ok?

Murder is murder it is not moral.

And?

We put extra "Training" , responsibility and authority into our Police Force to make the judgment call of when and where the right time is to subdue a criminal or crazy person. When emotions run high a civilian makes improper judgment calls and could miss the target and kill an innocent in the crossfire. Once again this is why we place that responsibly on the Police because they have the Training and mind set to perform under pressure whereas a civilian cowboy vigilante more often does not.

So what this boils down to is, I have to rely on the government to protect me, because I don't have the skill or intelligence to do it myself...

What an ironic statement coming from someone who's against fascism.

The Vigilante has a good chance to catch a bullet when attempting to act out his child hood cowboy fantasy. Worse yet the Vigilante has a good chance in making matters worse and escalating the situation and putting more innocent lives on the line. It's best to leave the Police work to the Police as they train everyday and are much better than you at their own profession. If you want to be a cowboy I suggest you acquire a Special Constables permit and have at it.

I don't know where you're getting this "vigilante" shit from. I'm talking about, I'm at an ATM, and a guy hold me up at gun point.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 11:32 AM Reply

At 1/25/13 12:46 AM, Camarohusky wrote: The gun laws were created in response to the high amount of gun violence. Nice try, though.

That may be so...unfortunately, as we can see, it's done nothing to stop it. Cities like LA are still swarming with gang activity.

The goal of such laws isn't to completely stop criminals. The lawmakers know that's not possible. The goal is to make it so hard for criminals to do a certain act that they either waste a lot of their resources on it, expose themselves to attention while trying to go out of their way to find it, or to make it so expensive and time consuiming that many criminals decide not to do it. When the country's gun violence numbers are in the tens of thousands, those three obstacles can make a HUGE dent.

This is nice in theory. But actually, what prohibition of anything does, is grows a black market. And this turns criminals into very rich people. Al Capone is a good example. The profiteers of the war on drugs is another. The war on drugs, for example, makes drugs like marijuana, cheap, because there is SO much demand, and it's easy to grow. Same with booze during prohibition.

Like I said, criminals do not give a damn about the risks of breaking the law. If they did, there would be no criminals! They will pay any price for an illegal gun, any price for a bag of coke, any price for moonshine. People want what they want, and if there's enough demand, the producers, or providers of illegal items won't woory about the risks. The money they make will be more than enough to make them forget about that. The lure of lots of money for minimal work is very attractive and almost no amount of risk will make people pass it up.

You can try your hardest to make stuff hard for criminals. They will always find away around it, or more likely as we see in the pot industry (one of the biggest cash crops in america), they just won't care. It's no different with guns. Even Obama MENTIONING an AWB has caused gun prices to skyrocket, and people gladly pay it. You think this behavior would stop if there was an AWB? It sure didn't the first time, not sure why you tihnk it would now.

Yeah, but if you reduce the amount of criminals with guns (which WILL happen with proper gun control) what is needed to protect one's family changes. And don't give me this "well, NYC has tough laws, but guns are still there" garbage. Their tough gun laws are sobtaged by the lack of state to state customs and other states willing to sell guns to anyone with cash, no questions asked. Until a US jurisidiction is able to have gun laws and a protected border from all other gun jurisdictions, and removes all prior guns, you cannot use that argument. It is completely stilted.

No, it does not change with gun control. It never, ever has in the US. Ever.

TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 11:53 AM Reply

At 1/25/13 02:42 AM, CaveStoryGrounds wrote:
At 1/24/13 10:36 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
Fort Hood and military bases are gun free zones.

This is a little difficult to parse.

When I lived on base in base family housing you could own a gun and have it on base. However, you had to go get your commander's approval and turn in a form with the gun model and seriel number on it to the SPs or MPs (I lived on both Air Force and Army bases). The commander could, if he wanted, deny you the ability to keep your gun on base.

If you were a single airman and lived in the dorms, you had to store any privately owned firearms in the SP armory. Same thing if your commander disallowed you keeping a gun in family housing.

However, you're not allowed to bring it to work. Basically all you are allowed to do is transport it to and from where you target practice.

So while yes...you may own and keep guns in family housing...your workplace IS a gun free zone. So the Ft. Hood shooting did happen in a gun free zone.

Debunking conspiracy theories for the New World Order since 1995...
" I hereby accuse you attempting to silence me..." --PurePress

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 03:43 PM Reply

At 1/25/13 11:22 AM, LemonCrush wrote:
So we agree that the strict gun laws do nothing to stop gun violence.

No really as I agree that NYC, LA, Chicago, need more gang control and more gun control of the gangs.

It's also literally impossible to keep a criminal out of jail whats that three strikes and you out law in the US.
Ok?

So criminals are not in jails ? Does America not have the highest incarceration rate ?

What it all boils down to is a civilian gun owner is not a Police officer and that's the bottom line. If civilian guns advocates want to take justice into there own hands then they need the training which they don't have. Hey it's America so stop whining and start a Civilian Police force as it's a free country right.

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 04:12 PM Reply

At 1/25/13 03:43 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: No really as I agree that NYC, LA, Chicago, need more gang control and more gun control of the gangs.

Those areas have some of the strictest gun laws in the nation. Doesn't deter gangs from obtaining guns one bit.

What it all boils down to is a civilian gun owner is not a Police officer and that's the bottom line. If civilian guns advocates want to take justice into there own hands then they need the training which they don't have. Hey it's America so stop whining and start a Civilian Police force as it's a free country right.

Well fuck you, I'll shoot the robber or burglar myself instead of waiting for cops to show up 5 minutes late.

YOU can wait on government stooges to save your life. I refuse to wait on "trained" people to show up when I'm at gun point. Tell me, if someone breaks into your home, you gonna wait 10 mins for the cops to get there? Ok, good luck with that. For someone who is so against the government, you seem to be pretty reliant on them for your safety.

FYI, there is nothing that differentiates a gun owner from a police officer. And even if there was, there is nothing that takes away the right to defend yourself.

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 04:25 PM Reply

At 1/25/13 04:12 PM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 1/25/13 03:43 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: No really as I agree that NYC, LA, Chicago, need more gang control and more gun control of the gangs.
Those areas have some of the strictest gun laws in the nation. Doesn't deter gangs from obtaining guns one bit.

I would say that you have no authority or experience to state weather or not the Police and gun control laws are doing a good job in mitigating gun related homicides in the American ghettos.

BBS Signature
thegarbear14
thegarbear14
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 05:19 PM Reply

At 1/25/13 04:25 PM, leanlifter1 wrote:
I would say that you have no authority or experience to state weather or not the Police and gun control laws are doing a good job in mitigating gun related homicides in the American ghettos.

He isn't exactly. He is looking at crime statistics..... You've got to be trolling i mean come on really.

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 05:38 PM Reply

But I am qualified.

In the heart of gangland...the police's authority only exists on paper. They are out-gunned and stay away.

As for gun control...no it does not work. Further gun control will not reduce gun violence in the US.

BBS Signature
Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 07:37 PM Reply

Actually, legally, killing in self defense IS murder. It merely falls under the category of justifiable murder and thus carries no liability.

Actually you are talking out of your ASS again

1. the crime of unlawfully killing a person especially with malice aforethought http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/murder

1. The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/murder

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/murder

1. the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/murder

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/murder

Self Defense =/= Murder

See murder is unlawful. That is why we have trials to determine if people acted in self defense or not.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 07:47 PM Reply

At 1/25/13 04:25 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: I would say that you have no authority or experience to state weather or not the Police and gun control laws are doing a good job in mitigating gun related homicides in the American ghettos.

Well, of course I'm not. That's why I get my facts from people that are.

Kel-chan
Kel-chan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Animator
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 09:22 PM Reply

From the World Health Organization:
The latest Murder Statistics for the world:

Murders per 100,000 citizens

Honduras 91.6
El Salvador 69.2
Cote dâEUTMlvoire 56.9
Jamaica 52.2
Venezuela 45.1
Belize 41.4
US Virgin Islands 39.2
Guatemala 38.5
Saint Kits and Nevis 38.2
Zambia 38.0
Uganda 36.3
Malawi 36.0
Lesotho 35.2
Trinidad and Tobago 35.2
Colombia 33.4
South Africa 31.8
Congo 30.8
Central African Republic 29.3
Bahamas 27.4
Puerto Rico 26.2
Saint Lucia 25.2
Dominican Republic 25.0
Tanzania 24.5
Sudan 24.2
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines 22.9
Ethiopia 22.5
Guinea 22.5
Dominica 22.1
Burundi 21.7
Democratic Republic of the Congo 21.7
Panama 21.6
Brazil 21.0
Equatorial Guinea 20.7
Guinea-Bissau 20.2
Kenya 20.1
Kyrgyzstan 20.1
Cameroon 19.7
Montserrat 19.7
Greenland 19.2
Angola 19.0
Guyana 18.6
Burkina Faso 18.0
Eritrea 17.8
Namibia 17.2
Rwanda 17.1
Mexico 16.9
Chad 15.8
Ghana 15.7
Ecuador 15.2
North Korea 15.2
Benin 15.1
Sierra Leone 14.9
Mauritania 14.7
Botswana 14.5
Zimbabwe 14.3
Gabon 13.8
Nicaragua 13.6
French Guiana 13.3
Papua New Guinea 13.0
Swaziland 12.9
Bermuda 12.3
Comoros 12.2
Nigeria 12.2
Cape Verde 11.6
Grenada 11.5
Paraguay 11.5
Barbados 11.3
Togo 10.9
Gambia 10.8
Peru 10.8
Myanmar 10.2
Russia 10.2
Liberia 10.1
Costa Rica 10.0
Nauru 9.8
Bolivia 8.9
Mozambique 8.8
Kazakhstan 8.8
Senegal 8.7
Turks and Caicos Islands 8.7
Mongolia 8.7
British Virgin Islands 8.6
Cayman Islands 8.4
Seychelles 8.3
Madagascar 8.1
Indonesia 8.1
Mali 8.0
Pakistan 7.8
Moldova 7.5
Kiribati 7.3
Guadeloupe 7.0
Haiti 6.9
Timor-Leste 6.9
Anguilla 6.8
Antigua and Barbuda 6.8
Lithuania 6.6
Uruguay 5.9
Philippines 5.4
Ukraine 5.2
Estonia 5.2
Cuba 5.0
Belarus 4.9
Thailand 4.8
Suriname 4.6
Laos 4.6
Georgia 4.3
Martinique 4.2

ALL the countries above America have 100% gun bans

The United States 4.2

CaveStoryGrounds
CaveStoryGrounds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 09:42 PM Reply

At 1/25/13 09:22 PM, Kellz5460 wrote: ALL the countries above America have 100% gun bans

That's horseshit. One quick google search finds that Pakistan (one of the countries) has the same "right to bare arms". I highly doubt a single one of those countries has a gun ban, but by all means prove me wrong if you can.

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 10:59 PM Reply

At 1/25/13 05:38 PM, TheMason wrote:
But I am qualified.

In the heart of gangland...the police's authority only exists on paper. They are out-gunned and stay away.

As for gun control...no it does not work. Further gun control will not reduce gun violence in the US.

Obviously if they had no guns then there would not be an issue LOL right. Clearly they are not doing a good job then right. Clearly if proper gun control were being executed than we would not be having this argument right.

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 12:46 AM Reply

At 1/25/13 10:59 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: Obviously if they had no guns then there would not be an issue

But this is impossible.

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 01:47 AM Reply

At 1/26/13 12:46 AM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 1/25/13 10:59 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: Obviously if they had no guns then there would not be an issue
But this is impossible.

They sent a man to the moon they can fix a gun epidemic.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 01:48 AM Reply

At 1/26/13 01:47 AM, leanlifter1 wrote: They sent a man to the moon they can fix a gun epidemic.

not when you have the constitution and a republican congress ya can't!

then you have the BIG BAD NRA.
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 02:03 AM Reply

At 1/26/13 01:47 AM, leanlifter1 wrote: They sent a man to the moon they can fix a gun epidemic.

Sending people to the moon is not the same as forcing your will upon people with threats of violence. I honestly don't know how you can correlate the two.

Can you show me an example of the government stopping crime. In every instance of prohibition I've seen, they actually increase the problem.

TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 06:33 AM Reply

At 1/25/13 09:42 PM, CaveStoryGrounds wrote:
That's horseshit. One quick google search finds that Pakistan (one of the countries) has the same "right to bare arms". I highly doubt a single one of those countries has a gun ban, but by all means prove me wrong if you can.

2 words: North Korea.

As for the African countries guns are so common the AK-47 is called the African credit card.

BBS Signature
leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 11:34 AM Reply

At 1/26/13 02:03 AM, LemonCrush wrote:
Sending people to the moon is not the same as forcing your will upon people with threats of violence. I honestly don't know how you can correlate the two.

I honestly can't see how you believe the propaganda. You want the right to be safe while your Government ass pumps and kills countries that are at an economic disadvantage. You can't complain or demand anything until the US Government stops pumping the world up the ass without giving so much as the common courtesy of a reach around.

Can you show me an example of the government stopping crime. In every instance of prohibition I've seen, they actually increase the problem.

They stop much crime but the point is the Government is a money making corporation when it all boils down there is allot of money to be made in the Judicial system. The problem with the US is things like Greed and material wealth have become more important than being content, humble, respectful, and healthy.

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 11:38 AM Reply

At 1/25/13 07:37 PM, Ceratisa wrote:
Actually, legally, killing in self defense IS murder. It merely falls under the category of justifiable murder and thus carries no liability.

Have you ever set foot in a courtroom? Have you ever tried a criminal case? NO? Oh, I HAVE.

Self defense is justified murder.

It is an affirmative defense, not a negating defense. An affirmative defense is one where even though all of the elements of a charge have been satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt, there is a special and specified set or circumstances where even the satisfaction of all elements is deemed not to carry any liability.

Just because something carries no liability doesn't mean the root act isn't unlwaful either. (hint: there is no such thing as a lawful killing).

SO, sorry, child, you're out of your league here.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 12:18 PM Reply

At 1/26/13 11:34 AM, leanlifter1 wrote: I honestly can't see how you believe the propaganda. You want the right to be safe while your Government ass pumps and kills countries that are at an economic disadvantage. You can't complain or demand anything until the US Government stops pumping the world up the ass without giving so much as the common courtesy of a reach around.

No, I'm saying I want the right for all countries and people to be safe. If you've payed attention to, like...ANYTHING I've ever posted in the political forum, you'd know I'm also hugely opposed to US intervention and war.

No propaganda here

They stop much crime but the point is the Government is a money making corporation when it all boils down there is allot of money to be made in the Judicial system. The problem with the US is things like Greed and material wealth have become more important than being content, humble, respectful, and healthy.

Material wealth and greed enable being content, humble, respect and health.

leanlifter1
leanlifter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 12:18 PM Reply

At 1/26/13 11:38 AM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 1/25/13 07:37 PM, Ceratisa wrote:
Have you ever set foot in a courtroom? Have you ever tried a criminal case? NO? Oh, I HAVE.

Self defense is justified murder.

It is an affirmative defense, not a negating defense. An affirmative defense is one where even though all of the elements of a charge have been satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt, there is a special and specified set or circumstances where even the satisfaction of all elements is deemed not to carry any liability.

Just because something carries no liability doesn't mean the root act isn't unlwaful either. (hint: there is no such thing as a lawful killing).

SO, sorry, child, you're out of your league here.

It is ultimately up to the judge to sort out the particulars of a murder beef.
That being said Murder is not defensive it is offensive which is why we need to disarm the population because they don't even understand that there is a huge difference. Cops are trained to intelligently take down a target not necessarily shoot to KILL whereas an untrained pleb with a gun is more than likely going to panic and light up the target up which is murder. Pepper spray is self defense, Karate is self defense but shooting someone in the head even if under the guise of self defense is still murder.

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 12:47 PM Reply

At 1/26/13 12:18 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: That being said Murder is not defensive it is offensive which is why we need to disarm the population because they don't even understand that there is a huge difference. Cops are trained to intelligently take down a target not necessarily shoot to KILL

1) How did you go from being hugely anti-fascist, to spouting total fascist dictatorship rhetoric??

2) Cops are trained to shoot to kill.

Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 01:35 PM Reply

At 1/15/13 11:23 PM, LemonCrush wrote: Going for maximum irrational emotional appeal, much like Hitler and Mao, and other murderers.

Do you really have to bring that up? I think that we should probably just give this a try and see how well it works out.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 01:51 PM Reply

At 1/26/13 01:35 PM, Ericho wrote: Do you really have to bring that up?

Absolutely. Those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it. You know, there were some Germans in the 30s who thought it'd be okay to give disarmament a try.

How about this, you can give up your guns, and if the government hits maximum overdrive, you can deal with it. I'll keep mine.

Feoric
Feoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 01:56 PM Reply

I'd posit that comparing Obama to Hitler or Mao is an example of going for maximum irrational emotional appeal.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to New York's Gun Ban Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 02:02 PM Reply

At 1/26/13 01:56 PM, Feoric wrote: I'd posit that comparing Obama to Hitler or Mao is an example of going for maximum irrational emotional appeal.

I'm not comparing them, I'm pointing out similarities.

Obviously is not genocidal...oh wait, he kills brown people daily....nevermind.

But seriously, he's not putting people on death trains. But there are similarities and they are undeniable.