00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How long Project stay in Trash Bin?

1,310 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

How long do Projects stay in the Trash Bin?

Response to How long Project stay in Trash Bin? 2013-01-15 14:42:37

About a week, if I remember correctly.

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to How long Project stay in Trash Bin? 2013-02-12 22:19:09

At 1/15/13 06:14 PM, EJR wrote: Forever.

then how is one supposed to chage the title of something they've uploaded if they labeled it wrong?

Response to How long Project stay in Trash Bin? 2013-02-12 22:26:03

At 2/12/13 10:21 PM, EJR wrote:
At 2/12/13 10:19 PM, Mental-Note wrote:
At 1/15/13 06:14 PM, EJR wrote: Forever.
then how is one supposed to chage the title of something they've uploaded if they labeled it wrong?
You can't. I don't even know if the staff are planning on putting that back in or not.

well that bites

Response to How long Project stay in Trash Bin? 2013-02-13 02:09:20

At 2/12/13 10:26 PM, Mental-Note wrote: well that bites

It's much better than not being able to restore projects at all. The feature is, apart from all other usefulness as I see it, also added account security. If someone takes over your account and decides to just go rampant and delete all your projects, you'll be able to restore them again once you regain access. :)

Didn't use to be like that...

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to How long Project stay in Trash Bin? 2013-02-15 05:05:41

At 2/13/13 02:09 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 2/12/13 10:26 PM, Mental-Note wrote: well that bites
It's much better than not being able to restore projects at all. The feature is, apart from all other usefulness as I see it, also added account security. If someone takes over your account and decides to just go rampant and delete all your projects, you'll be able to restore them again once you regain access. :)

Didn't use to be like that...

True, but really that's also resolved by keeping back-ups of the music (I for one remix only upload a song if im willing to listen to it myself so I have all the mp3's of my music) and also if your stupid enough to give out your password, either way if someone figures out the password or hacks into the server (doubtful) my music is safe.

Response to How long Project stay in Trash Bin? 2013-02-15 05:43:12

At 2/15/13 05:05 AM, Mental-Note wrote: True, but really that's also resolved by keeping back-ups of the music (I for one remix only upload a song if im willing to listen to it myself so I have all the mp3's of my music) and also if your stupid enough to give out your password, either way if someone figures out the password or hacks into the server (doubtful) my music is safe.

Backups are the ultimate failsafe, but backing up project information along with the files would be redundant. This way the configurations for different submissions (dimensions, genres, tags, descriptions, copyright, etc) is all safe. It would take a lot of time to enter such information for say a hundred or so different entries, unless they all follow the same template. I for one appreciate this feature.

An even better feature, however, would be the ability to Export/Import different types of account and submission information. But that would probably open for a lot of abuse as well...

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature