00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Refuce just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Need help getting started.

564 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Need help getting started. 2013-01-15 01:31:41

Hey guys! I'm new here. I was just wondering what things you could recommend to me for flash animation! What kinds of tools will I need to get started? What kind of tablet should I use? Any good tutorials? What kinds of programs should I use? I am aware I need Flash Professional but is there any other programs that are quite helpful? Thank You.

~Check Yourself Before You Shrek Yourself~

Response to Need help getting started. 2013-01-15 04:23:07

I do not have much knowledge of flash, but fortunately there is a wiki designed forstuff like that.

http://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/creator-resources/flash-resou rces

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Need help getting started. 2013-01-15 15:55:10

This is in my humble opinion the best drawing tablet versus price that i'm aware of IF!! you have the cash. I found out that a cheap end tablet which you can't see what you draw directly to be annoying as ****
wacom tablethttp://nl.shop.wacom.eu/producten/cintiq/cintiq-12wx
Note: it's a see what you draw tablet which is great if you want to actually see what you draw right where your pen is.

Tip: 2 start following youtube tutorials how to setup your tablet functions. And start with youtube drawing tutorial vids to pick up the wraps or upgrade your skills.

Response to Need help getting started. 2013-01-15 15:56:50

AH i just noticed that the link i gave is for a wacom retailer in the netherlands please be aware of that. lol

Response to Need help getting started. 2013-01-15 21:01:56

Thanks guys! I appreciate the help!

~Check Yourself Before You Shrek Yourself~

Response to Need help getting started. 2013-01-16 09:50:01

No problem extra tip Also order a wacomairbrush pen to go with the tablet if you order a wacom

Response to Need help getting started. 2013-01-24 19:22:13

Well,one thing that's important here is to rate on 5 submissions(on the Under Judgement page) daily,another thing that you could do is to go to the Forums and comment or make topics.
You can also Review games and try to collect medals from games,edit info of you,make news post on your account page,etc.

And those are things you could do around here,good luck!