New Topic Respond to this Topic
omegafinal
omegafinal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Animator
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* 2013-03-14 17:34:06 Reply

Alright! Congrats to the winners, especially my partner Hyptosis, who took my sketch and "made it his own." It was definitely emotionally stronger than what I anticipated and would've thought of. It was definitely fun being part of it.

Saminat
Saminat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 13
Voice Actor
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* 2013-03-14 21:55:45 Reply

At 3/13/13 05:50 PM, ornery wrote:
Hardest Time - Prize = Ambient Art DVD
Jonas - This prize was for the person who was given a sketch that was so hard to figure out what the heck was going on, that making a sensible piece required some serious creativity. Spags provided source material was so abstract and out of left field that poor Jonas must have been scratching his head how on earth he would make, whatever he was given, work within the provided theme. Enjoy your prize to help you relax after that rough ride.
Honorable Mentions - lovingthedark, Saminat

Jeez, and I thought I had a crazy vague sketch! My condolences Jonas, that must have been a real pain in the tush!

A journey of a thousand miles begins with complaining

Spags
Spags
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* 2013-03-18 04:36:47 Reply

At 3/14/13 09:55 PM, Saminat wrote: Jeez, and I thought I had a crazy vague sketch! My condolences Jonas, that must have been a real pain in the tush!

Hey, back off Saminat! Hehe :P And uh, sorry Jonas... I tried to interpret it in a less literal way, it was supposed to be like.. the ship is this beautiful creation surrounded by the dark beast that is the ocean. Apparently I wasn't clear enough, sorry! But also, you're welcome Jonas! Without my vague sketch, you wouldn't've won in that category!

Also, thanks for the victory and good job everybody! I am happy that there was so much participation :)

DelRio1991
DelRio1991
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* 2013-03-18 11:58:26 Reply

Funniest Sketch - Prize = Giant Sticky Pad
DelRio1991 - This one was a pretty big no brainer, as soon as this sketch came in, we were laughing and super pleased with the direction he chose. Totally unexpected.
Honorable Mention - RamboJoe

Hearing that someone got a kick out of my silly drawing makes my day.
I'm really glad that I could make someone laugh, that's one of the biggest reasons why I draw.

This was probably the most fun I've had in a while, ArtistLost is a phenomenal artist and a great person to work with.

I think everyone here did a fantastic job, I really don't envy the judges, having to pick out of so many good pieces!

I'm Del Rio I like to draw comics and stuff I also like watching Darkwing duck and eating burritos.

BBS Signature