New Topic Respond to this Topic
Artist-Lost
Artist-Lost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* Feb. 8th, 2013 @ 04:00 PM Reply

At 2/8/13 02:54 PM, JAFZ3D wrote: Am I ZONDOOOR!!
But I have that working!

My Art represents the series called ... SPACE ADVENTURE QUEST LEGEND!

Where is the sketch?

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* Feb. 8th, 2013 @ 04:13 PM Reply

At 2/8/13 04:00 PM, Artist-Lost wrote: Where is the sketch?

It's a new user, obviously just spamming artwork around to get noticed.

ornery
ornery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Artist
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* Feb. 8th, 2013 @ 06:08 PM Reply

There are 8 days till the deadline (2/16/13) Hope everyone is working hard, hate to have these awesome prizes go to waste.

gayhobbit
gayhobbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* Feb. 8th, 2013 @ 08:54 PM Reply

At 2/8/13 06:08 PM, ornery wrote: There are 8 days till the deadline (2/16/13) Hope everyone is working hard, hate to have these awesome prizes go to waste.

They won't! I'm 1/3rd through mine.

Sockembop
Sockembop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* Feb. 8th, 2013 @ 09:18 PM Reply

At 2/8/13 08:54 PM, gayhobbit wrote:
At 2/8/13 06:08 PM, ornery wrote: There are 8 days till the deadline (2/16/13) Hope everyone is working hard, hate to have these awesome prizes go to waste.
They won't! I'm 1/3rd through mine.

I'm still plugging away as well. Like Luwano said, after looking at the finished submissions so far I am working hard not to shame myself. I will probably be finished by mid week.

BBS Signature
ornery
ornery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Artist
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 06:02 PM Reply

Little bit of inscentive to those of you who havent submitted your final piece yet.

We have over $300 worth of prizes. 16 prizes total. Most are related to the final piece.

Get busy, only 3 days left.

Artist-Lost
Artist-Lost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 06:46 PM Reply

At 2/13/13 06:02 PM, ornery wrote: Little bit of inscentive to those of you who havent submitted your final piece yet.

We have over $300 worth of prizes. 16 prizes total. Most are related to the final piece.

Get busy, only 3 days left.

I'm psyched so far. Great work in every submission. If all goes as it has been going then on the last day people are going to drop some awesome finishified sketches.

BBS Signature
ornery
ornery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Artist
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 05:39 PM Reply

Glad to see submissions coming in. But even so this is an important post.

Last night impendingriot and I decided to extend the deadline by a little bit to give those who were having a hard time finishing (we have been in contact with quite a number of people who fall into this category) some extra time to work and finish up their stuff

NEW DEADLINE
Wednesday February 20th 11:59pm EST

If you have already finished a piece and want to work a bit longer on it, feel free. I know some of you rushed a little to get them in in time for the deadline, so take this extra time to polish them up if you want to.

So contact your partners to make sure they are aware of this extension.

Template88
Template88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 06:11 PM Reply

i was one of those people. thank you, this is make ALL the difference.

Thoughts in chaos...
Illustration thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1229930
Animation thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1332069

BBS Signature
Sockembop
Sockembop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 06:18 PM Reply

At 2/16/13 06:11 PM, Template88 wrote: i was one of those people. thank you, this is make ALL the difference.

Yes. This is good news. I had a few things I wanted to fix but hadn't left myself enough time.

BBS Signature
Lucky
Lucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 06:35 PM Reply

and I promise not to bug Jam with terraria untill she finishes hers lol

My Artsy Thread
Current top 3 forum artists

Fersteger /Flowers10 / ZaneZansorrow

BBS Signature
Spedmallet
Spedmallet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Artist
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 06:51 PM Reply

man, if I knew there was going to be a deadline adjustment I'd have maybe done a background. Maybe.
Still, happy to see a lot of creative stuff; I feel kind of humbled even bothering competing.

fffffffuuuuuuu

BBS Signature
JamSession
JamSession
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 06:55 PM Reply

At 2/16/13 06:35 PM, Lucky wrote: and I promise not to bug Jam with terraria untill she finishes hers lol

We had fun, you can't deny it!

BBS Signature
Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Art Lover
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 06:58 PM Reply

At 2/16/13 06:51 PM, Idioteque123 wrote: man, if I knew there was going to be a deadline adjustment I'd have maybe done a background. Maybe.
Still, happy to see a lot of creative stuff; I feel kind of humbled even bothering competing.

You should go for it! Everyone who has submitted already can use the deadline extention to polish their stuff.

BBS Signature
Zanroth
Zanroth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 08:06 PM Reply

At 2/16/13 06:58 PM, Luwano wrote:
At 2/16/13 06:51 PM, Idioteque123 wrote: man, if I knew there was going to be a deadline adjustment I'd have maybe done a background. Maybe.
You should go for it! Everyone who has submitted already can use the deadline extention to polish their stuff.

I really should have read this before I pretty much threw in the towel.

Spedmallet
Spedmallet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Artist
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 09:33 PM Reply

At 2/16/13 06:58 PM, Luwano wrote: You should go for it! Everyone who has submitted already can use the deadline extention to polish their stuff.

I dunno, I did say maybe.

Fuck it, we'll see. I really liked the idea I was given.

fffffffuuuuuuu

BBS Signature
ImpendingRiot
ImpendingRiot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 10:15 PM Reply

I'm going to beat up anyone that doesn't take advantage of this extension. You're all awful lazy clamcakes but we still love you very much.

Word to your mother

BBS Signature
omegafinal
omegafinal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Animator
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 10:22 PM Reply

Wow, an extension. I was rushing this since I had a busy week. I got the cast done, and just need to do some shading, but I'll take advantage of it and leave here a WiP for the time being.

[Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss*

Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Art Lover
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 10:53 PM Reply

Ok the old deadline would be in 1 hour. So this + 1 hour of work would have been my submission if it wasn't for the really really great extension. Gladly I can work on it some more, maybe even fix the rushed upper face and some light stuff. Thanks!

At 2/16/13 09:35 PM, Escalus wrote: Whut? An extension!? ï´¾Ã¡à ¹ÃOE¯Ã¡à ¹ï´¿ I can work on mine more! hurray for extra touches and edits!

You better! *waves fist*

[Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss*

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* Feb. 17th, 2013 @ 06:24 AM Reply

At 2/16/13 10:15 PM, ImpendingRiot wrote: I'm going to beat up anyone that doesn't take advantage of this extension. You're all awful lazy clamcakes but we still love you very much.

I'm pretty sure I can take you on, seeing as you have no backbone

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Jonas
Jonas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* Feb. 17th, 2013 @ 11:15 AM Reply

Hmmmm... the extension is tempting but at the same time deadlines for other things. Perhaps I will do something a bit more...

Need a hot dicking?
JonasATnewgrounds.com
I do voices.

maficmelody
maficmelody
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Animator
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* Feb. 17th, 2013 @ 02:03 PM Reply

There are a few bits I would rather like to 'enhance'.. Good news is I've gotten faster at coloring through this =P

DelRio1991
DelRio1991
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* Feb. 17th, 2013 @ 02:30 PM Reply

I just looked at the submissions on the finals thread, everyone did a fantastic job!

I'm Del Rio
I like to draw comics and stuff
I also like watching Darkwing duck and eating burritos.

BBS Signature
test-object
test-object
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Artist
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* Feb. 17th, 2013 @ 02:43 PM Reply

Let me just say it loud that flowers10 did a way more awesome job at my sketch than I did with his. I'm not fishing for compliments, I'm telling the truth. The man makes some amazing work.

A rather disgusting-looking git that should have been disposed of ages ago.

BBS Signature
Carrion
Carrion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* Feb. 17th, 2013 @ 08:41 PM Reply

The final pieces are very well done, everyone has done a fabulous job so far. One thing I can't find myself to fancy though, is the fact that many people focused on flashy technical jazz rather than giving a crack at running with the theme. Some of the submissions portray little to nothing related to beauty and the beast. It appears people either sketched something unrelated to the theme or just ran with the default here's a pretty lady/little girl hanging out with a big robot monster shit thingy. I'd really love to see people push more metaphorical or original takes on beauty and the beast rather than going with what's safe and simply making something pretty.

BBS Signature
Artist-Lost
Artist-Lost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* Feb. 17th, 2013 @ 08:54 PM Reply

At 2/17/13 08:41 PM, Captain-Carrion wrote: The final pieces are very well done, everyone has done a fabulous job so far. One thing I can't find myself to fancy though, is the fact that many people focused on flashy technical jazz rather than giving a crack at running with the theme. Some of the submissions portray little to nothing related to beauty and the beast. It appears people either sketched something unrelated to the theme or just ran with the default here's a pretty lady/little girl hanging out with a big robot monster shit thingy. I'd really love to see people push more metaphorical or original takes on beauty and the beast rather than going with what's safe and simply making something pretty.

It's important to note that each artist has their own opinion on what is beautiful and what is beastly. Being unique for the sake of being unique just sounds too hipster for this old comic book geek and I would much rather draw what comes to my head when I hear the subject then what doesn't come to my head because my vision may have already been done. If you enjoy metaphorical abstraction, then by all means indulge, but I think it is wrong to fault those who don't share your exploratory nature.

BBS Signature
ornery
ornery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Artist
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* Feb. 17th, 2013 @ 09:44 PM Reply

At 2/17/13 08:41 PM, Captain-Carrion wrote: The final pieces are very well done, everyone has done a fabulous job so far. One thing I can't find myself to fancy though, is the fact that many people focused on flashy technical jazz rather than giving a crack at running with the theme. Some of the submissions portray little to nothing related to beauty and the beast. It appears people either sketched something unrelated to the theme or just ran with the default here's a pretty lady/little girl hanging out with a big robot monster shit thingy. I'd really love to see people push more metaphorical or original takes on beauty and the beast rather than going with what's safe and simply making something pretty.

There are actually a few fairly metaphorical takes on it, many of them from people who *ahem* STILL NEED TO SUBMIT SOMETHING (you know who you are)

Carrion
Carrion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* Feb. 17th, 2013 @ 10:23 PM Reply

At 2/17/13 08:54 PM, Artist-Lost wrote: If you enjoy metaphorical abstraction, then by all means indulge, but I think it is wrong to fault those who don't share your exploratory nature.

By all means, I respect everyone's interpretation of the given subject. I wasn't trying to offend anyone, just saying that i'd love to see more expressive work. Just sharing my mind.

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* Feb. 17th, 2013 @ 10:53 PM Reply

Yeah my partner barley even tried on the sketch he gave me and wasn't answering my PM'S so I didn't even bother.

Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Animator
Response to [Art Contest] Sketchswap *Discuss* Feb. 18th, 2013 @ 12:38 AM Reply

^
|
|

At 2/17/13 10:53 PM, 372 wrote: Yeah my partner barley even tried on the sketch he gave me and wasn't answering my PM'S so I didn't even bother.

|
|
That makes my face do this.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature