Be a Supporter!
ZeldaFreak701
ZeldaFreak701
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Depression Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 08:30 PM Reply

I have a strange feeling that I may be depressed. I find it hard to focus on things and just feel sad all the time. I have good moments during the day: I laugh, I joke, I talk, but at the end of the day, I just feel so sad. And then suddenly I feel happy and that everything will be okay (so I might be bi-polar too). No I'm not taking any meds, but I also don't know who to talk to. Yeah it may be kind of weird opening up to a bunch of strangers about such a topic but I'm not really looking for advice so much as I am so shared experience and what you did combat it. I'm all ears. Or whatever.

PSN ID: Zeldafreak701 | Gamertag: Zeldafreak701 | 3DS friend code: 0301-9780-8157
You shouldn't have done that....
Sig by BlueHippo <3

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Depression Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 08:31 PM Reply

Listen to music that you like. If it sounds different, then you're most likely not depressed, your personality is just changing.

TAB
You should play this game. I get stuff if you do.
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping

poxpower
poxpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Depression Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 08:35 PM Reply

Better get used to it, this is called "life".
You have many decades of this to look forward to.

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Depression Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 08:36 PM Reply

Yeah, sounds like depression. Just stay positive and see someone about it. I think some of the reason I'm so depressed an anxious is because I gave my self the comfortably of blaming it all on an uncontrollable disorder even if it is the case. Basically, accept that you have depression but not that you can't do anything about it. It's all up to you, Mate. Good luck.

BBS Signature
Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Animator
Response to Depression Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 08:37 PM Reply

Maybe you're lonely. Hormones are still a mood-swingy factor, too. Be sure you're not surrounding yourself with company that might be dragging you a bit too.

It can be anything...but at the core of it, I recommend meditation. Just chillin', by yourself, no noise, no distraction, and literally making an effort to completely clear your mind. Hit the reset button on things...then, reflect. Identify what you could change or what you can do to improve whatever you need.

Thoughts = Behaviors = Results

You don't like the results, changing behaviors won't do shit...the same thoughts will eventually cause those same behaviors to resurface. Start with how you think. You are the captain of your own ship, and that's really all there is to it.

I wouldn't fret. Everyone gets depressed every once and a while...you did good to vent it out! Now do somethin' about it.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature
TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Depression Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 08:38 PM Reply

At 1/14/13 08:35 PM, poxpower wrote: Better get used to it, this is called "life".
You have many decades of this to look forward to.

You are the coolest person I know.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Audiophile
Response to Depression Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 08:45 PM Reply

Talk about depressing. I've lost my dog, my nan is dying, I'm poor as a fucking cunt, friendless, stuck in a shitty job and I've literally just chipped off some of a tooth filling.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Icefrostfur
Icefrostfur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Depression Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 08:57 PM Reply

I find being a bit of a depression is not always a bad thing. Sometimes the body simply needs to feel like crap so you can better appreciate the moments when it doesn't. I'm not sure how it feels for you exactly, but I've felt similar. Try Reiki, meditating. Regain the fire you had as a child.

ZeldaFreak701
ZeldaFreak701
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Depression Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 09:01 PM Reply

At 1/14/13 08:48 PM, abbiegale wrote: Ok, first, don't jump into conclusions. Many people experience emotions that are common in depression, but it doesn't mean that they suffer from it.

When did you first notice those feelings? If you think it's been going on for a while maybe you should seek help. But if it's something relatively new, it might be due to something that has upset you, or something that you have left unresolved and tried to forget about (but the mind never does...).

Well I did just recently kick my roommate out because he was being a douche. So when I come home, I'm in an empty home. My friend just said I may be lonely. I'm also in a long distance relationship and I want to talk to him but he has his own priorities so I don't want to come off as clingy, which was another turbulent time in and of itself.

And then suddenly I feel happy and that everything will be okay
Hope is a good sign; also, check out how you feel while doing things that usually make you happy - if you seem to have lost interest in them, you should be alerted.

You didn't say much, so that's all I can say for now.

Well that's really all there is. Thank you for your time.

PSN ID: Zeldafreak701 | Gamertag: Zeldafreak701 | 3DS friend code: 0301-9780-8157
You shouldn't have done that....
Sig by BlueHippo <3

BBS Signature
Sevkat
Sevkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Artist
Response to Depression Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 09:13 PM Reply

At 1/14/13 08:30 PM, ZeldaFreak701 wrote: I have a strange feeling that I may be depressed.

Try heroin.

[SevkittyBBS, join LOSER] - [I am not a crook] - [Add me on Steam: svkkt]

BBS Signature
poxpower
poxpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Depression Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 09:23 PM Reply

If you want to solve depression, fix the problems that cause it.
If you're honest with yourself, you'll know what makes you upset about life. Fix those things.

No roomie? Well get a new one.

None of what you're feeling is anything but temporary it seems. Some people live with depression all their lives because of things they cannot change. You're not in that situation, you're just down because things in your life aren't perfect.

Well. Tough shit. That's every day of most people's lives beyond the 20s.

BBS Signature
BenwaHakubi
BenwaHakubi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Depression Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 09:31 PM Reply

At 1/14/13 09:23 PM, poxpower wrote: If you want to solve depression, fix the problems that cause it.
If you're honest with yourself, you'll know what makes you upset about life. Fix those things.

In the mean time do find things you like to do. I have found getting into my hobbies and working on projects to keep focused helps. Its also helpful to have people to hang out with.

If things do get severe, do talk to someone. I fully admit I have been depressed to a dangerous point. Even if it is just reaching out to a buddy or a family member do what you need to so you can feel better.

Saen
Saen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Reader
Response to Depression Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 09:36 PM Reply

You have mommy issues.

TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Depression Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 09:39 PM Reply

At 1/14/13 09:23 PM, poxpower wrote: If you want to solve depression, fix the problems that cause it.

No roomie? Well get a new one.

None of what you're feeling is anything but temporary it seems. Some people live with depression all their lives because of things they cannot change. You're not in that situation, you're just down because things in your life aren't perfect.

Well. Tough shit. That's every day of most people's lives beyond the 20s.

What worthless advise. Does depression mean not considering the obvious to you? Yep, keep going around patronising people. That's the way to go. You can obviously handle yourself so if you have no history of depression what advice can you offer? Besides stupid sound bytes of useless information?

BBS Signature
poxpower
poxpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Depression Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 09:41 PM Reply

At 1/14/13 09:39 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote:
if you have no history of depression what advice can you offer?

If I have no history of depression, of course.

BBS Signature
Drony
Drony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Depression Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 09:46 PM Reply

Usually you just have to deal with it and cope. Wouldn't hurt to use it as an opportunity to reflect on yourself and your problems and how to make it better.

Depression

BBS Signature
o0-0o
o0-0o
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Depression Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 10:47 PM Reply

I heard yoga helps.

Piemix
Piemix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Depression Jan. 15th, 2013 @ 12:29 AM Reply

Let's fuck

Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Musician
Response to Depression Jan. 15th, 2013 @ 12:36 AM Reply

At 1/14/13 08:57 PM, Icefrostfur wrote: Try Reiki

lmao

also are you guys really normalizing depression?

y'all are some miserable fucks

letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
Fim
Fim
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to Depression Jan. 15th, 2013 @ 11:41 AM Reply

Looks like you have a case of being a woman.

BBS Signature
XD0042006
XD0042006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to Depression Jan. 15th, 2013 @ 01:10 PM Reply

Ahh its okay I fall into depression stages late at night but thats mostly because I dont have anything to do at that hour and I can't sleep just force yourself to sleep and you'll be fine. Or not.

XDeeZeroZero4Two-thousand six.

supergandhi64
supergandhi64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Depression Jan. 15th, 2013 @ 01:55 PM Reply

come in contact with your spirit totem. my spirit totem is the grizzly bear, it gives me the power of grizzly. everything is better if you're in touch with your body and soul

--supergandhi64

BBS Signature
CloseThyDoor
CloseThyDoor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Depression Jan. 15th, 2013 @ 04:14 PM Reply

At 1/15/13 01:55 PM, supergandhi64 wrote: come in contact with your spirit totem. my spirit totem is the grizzly bear, it gives me the power of grizzly. everything is better if you're in touch with your body and soul

--supergandhi64

I don't see how supergandhi is a devote "hindu" because spirit totems are not part of any of the main schools of thought in hinduism. You almost fooled me until i finally raed the comment about how your name has 64 in it and yet you criticize videogames. Also you're claiming to be better than gandhi? Who does supergandhi64?

ClosethyDoor

Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Depression Jan. 15th, 2013 @ 04:18 PM Reply

You need to self medicate my friend

mandog
mandog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Depression Jan. 15th, 2013 @ 04:22 PM Reply

At 1/14/13 08:45 PM, Gagsy wrote: I'm poor as a fucking cunt

What?
:stuck in a shitty job
I remember you being very excited about this in chat...

original I am.

BBS Signature
koopahermit
koopahermit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to Depression Jan. 15th, 2013 @ 04:35 PM Reply

What ever you do, don't try Cymbalta

I am hilarious and you will quote everything I say.
"Man, fuck your logic." - HomicidialFrog
"Normal people. They're so fucking weird." - Xenomit

BBS Signature
JackPhantasm
JackPhantasm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Depression Jan. 15th, 2013 @ 05:04 PM Reply

Only idiots are happy all the time.

Havegum
Havegum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Depression Jan. 15th, 2013 @ 05:21 PM Reply

You should see a therapist, rather than trying to self-diagnose with or without help from the internet.
Chances are you find something in this thread to compliment a pre-determined thought resulting in confirmation-bias.

If you can't for economical reasons, I'm sure there are support groups. Otherwise, seek professional help.

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Depression Jan. 15th, 2013 @ 05:58 PM Reply

If the depression isn't brought by anything you know of then its more than likely because of hormones.