Be a Supporter!

Steubenville Rape Crew

  • 5,309 Views
  • 228 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
372
372
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 23:30:22 Reply

At 3/20/13 11:23 PM, Trambamboline wrote:
At 3/20/13 11:19 PM, 372 wrote:
Yeah... you're righttt
I was talking about female rape on males but
ehhhh
Err... What part of my post wasn't about women raping men?

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. I just didn't really think very hard about it... but then I did...
ehhhhh = awkwardness of conversation making me opt out of conversation

Trambamboline
Trambamboline
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 23:33:54 Reply

At 3/20/13 11:30 PM, 372 wrote: I'm not disagreeing with you at all. I just didn't really think very hard about it... but then I did...
ehhhhh = awkwardness of conversation making me opt out of conversation

Ah, fair enough. My apologies.


"Anything could happen in the next half hour!"
"For the love of God, don't stop pretending you're a dragon!"

BBS Signature
HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 23:37:23 Reply

So much assumption. Just leave it to local police, I know we all like to believe that we're super badass investigators and that the details provided from the video and the photo and such provided by news articles is all we need to convict these young men. But it simply is not. We don't have any solid evidence, the video is not self incrimination and neither is the photo, though they are strong evidence against them and DO tie them to the alleged crime, it is not a confession and not a crime to carry a young woman or talk about rape on video regardless of tastelessness.

Don't be a Salem witch hunter. Let hard evidence do the talking, if this girl was raped, the DNA will prove as much, and so will the cross examinations.

Also, some advice for Sequence who is dying out here from a poorly stated opinion: Keep your responses short, don't make any more points even if you think it will help people better understand your stance (people will just use it against you) and don't direct your responses back to what put you on the hot seat, it'll blow over easier. The best thing you can do is not post but I can understand a desire to continue to defend a position.


Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature
YellowisCOOL
YellowisCOOL
  • Member since: Nov. 17, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Artist
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 23:59:44 Reply

I hate this world sometimes.


R O A $ T D U C K - Soundcloud
ϫ It's a metaphor you potato with eyes ϫ

BBS Signature
Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-21 01:10:24 Reply

At 3/20/13 11:37 PM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: Let hard evidence do the talking, if this girl was raped, the DNA will prove as much, and so will the cross examinations.

They were convicted.


Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
You don't even want to know

BBS Signature
Richard
Richard
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Animator
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-21 01:16:39 Reply

Ohio seriously sucks balls. I hope to never return.

HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-21 01:27:19 Reply

At 3/21/13 01:10 AM, Ryanson wrote:
At 3/20/13 11:37 PM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: Let hard evidence do the talking, if this girl was raped, the DNA will prove as much, and so will the cross examinations.
They were convicted.

Than terrific, the justice system did its job without the need of little interweb investigator wannabes. Although I wonder if the jury was particularly in a hurry to convict due to the public nature of the trial, but then again, Zimmerman was able to keep his most of his liberty with his self defense action despite so so many people wishing him to be charged with murder, so I suppose, although entirely imperfect, the justice system does tend to get it right even in slightly murky cases. See people, you can get worked up all you want, but when it comes to real world matters, our impact is minimal, and in this case, even considered an annoyance to those seriously working on the case.


Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-21 01:33:26 Reply

At 3/21/13 01:27 AM, HollowedPumkinz wrote:
Than terrific, the justice system did its job without the need of little interweb investigator wannabes. Although I wonder if the jury was particularly in a hurry to convict due to the public nature of the trial, but then again, Zimmerman was able to keep his most of his liberty with his self defense action despite so so many people wishing him to be charged with murder, so I suppose, although entirely imperfect, the justice system does tend to get it right even in slightly murky cases.
Convicted by a single judge as they are minors still. I'm sure he was in no rush to rush the trial due to the media attention surrounding the crime.

See people, you can get worked up all you want, but when it comes to real world matters, our impact is minimal, and in this case, even considered an annoyance to those seriously working on the case.

Its not that at all. Its trying to make people understand that rape is rape no matter the situation.


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-21 01:35:07 Reply

At 3/21/13 01:33 AM, Gagsy wrote:
At 3/21/13 01:27 AM, HollowedPumkinz wrote:
Than terrific, the justice system did its job without the need of little interweb investigator wannabes. Although I wonder if the jury was particularly in a hurry to convict due to the public nature of the trial

Convicted by a single judge as they are minors still. I'm sure he was in no rush to rush the trial due to the media attention surrounding the crime.

I quoted the wrong bit of text. Oopsies. So here it is against in case you missed it.


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
372
372
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-21 01:38:33 Reply

At 3/21/13 01:27 AM, HollowedPumkinz wrote:
At 3/21/13 01:10 AM, Ryanson wrote:
At 3/20/13 11:37 PM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: Let hard evidence do the talking, if this girl was raped, the DNA will prove as much, and so will the cross examinations.
They were convicted.
Than terrific, the justice system did its job without the need of little interweb investigator wannabes. minimal, and in this case, even considered an annoyance to those seriously working on the case.

lmfao did you just call us investigator wannabes for watching a homemade rape confession video?

HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-21 02:32:10 Reply

At 3/21/13 01:38 AM, 372 wrote:
At 3/21/13 01:27 AM, HollowedPumkinz wrote:
At 3/21/13 01:10 AM, Ryanson wrote:
At 3/20/13 11:37 PM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: Let hard evidence do the talking, if this girl was raped, the DNA will prove as much, and so will the cross examinations.
They were convicted.
Than terrific, the justice system did its job without the need of little interweb investigator wannabes. minimal, and in this case, even considered an annoyance to those seriously working on the case.
lmfao did you just call us investigator wannabes for watching a homemade rape confession video?

Nope, not you guys, there have been plenty of people that have commented on the articles I've found of the case barking so loudly how "right" they were because they've watched this video, seen a photo and seen a couple articles. I don't get it myself, in this case they were actually "right", then again they were pretty damn guilty looking to start with. I find those kinds of people annoying, we, the observers who get nothing but internet information, can not make a true substantial stance on a trial because we don't know all of the details. But that won't stop people from jumping to conclusions and call for convictions before the trial even starts. Which is why I call them "witch hunters". No one here has been that bad.

@Gagsy, "Rape is rape no matter the situation" Ehhh, I'd be inclined to believe you but when alcohol becomes involved. Things get kinda complicated, for instance, if both parties are drunk, and the male party is being led on (yes, led on, like she's been making out with him alone in a room for 20 min and letting him get to 3rd base, etc.) and this, without actual verbal confirmation, is considered consent to a guy, because in real life, no guy is going to wait for a written fucking document that clearly spells out the girl's consent. In that situation, consent is seriously touch base (no pun intended) where neither party knows and is simply winging it and hoping they don't hear a "stop" or have them pull away. And when you're drunk, being able to sense if there's a "stop" or a pull away is really really hard because neither party is fully functional or aware. A girl's "stop" comes out as a slurr that the guy probably dismisses as moaning or such what goes on in his drunken skull. And then the morning comes and she's very ashamed and then claims rape to protect her status. But was it really? Despite the lack of physical or verbal consent can you really consider getting 99% there and then deciding to go back when you're both drunk to be even remotely possible when the BOTH of you are impaired?

It's extremely context heavy but, the defense that "rape is rape" is a very hard defense to break because proving that contextual conditions were met is very hard while claiming rape and proving that the opposing party had sex with them is very easy. It's true, these kinds of rape trials are rare but I have seen a few of them and they do happen. And it's only rare because most of the time it never escalates to the girl pressing charges because they understand that what they did was "leading them on" but if she doesn't like the person that she mistakenly fucked, she might claim rape.


Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-21 04:07:22 Reply

At 3/21/13 02:32 AM, HollowedPumkinz wrote:
@Gagsy, "Rape is rape no matter the situation" Ehhh

The flaw in your logic is that you described an act if sex not an act of rape.

From your scenario if the girl regrets what happened afterwards due to idk, reputation, a boyfriend, whatever, then I agree that is her own problem to bare no one elses.

I am just saying that rape is rape.

If you'd like a breakdown of what rape is then I'll be happy to help;

Holding someone down and forcing them to have sex with you against their will
Having sex with an unconscious person (what happened in Steubenville)
Choosing not to hear a person repeatedly tell you no and have sex with them anyway

And also, someone is so drunk that they can't stand up or probably tell you their own name. Who is not even properly aware that someone is having sex with them. Having sex with someone in that condition is immoral and frankly dumb.

All of that is rape is rape is rape.


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
SolidPantsSnake
SolidPantsSnake
  • Member since: Sep. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2014-01-11 10:37:15 Reply

One of the guys was released recently. they make him sound like a hero in the press release, disgusting.


I'm the guy with the funny name.

BBS Signature
kazumazkan
kazumazkan
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2014-01-11 11:25:23 Reply

At 1/11/14 10:37 AM, SolidPantsSnake wrote: One of the guys was released recently. they make him sound like a hero in the press release, disgusting.

someone should hoot him just like that who headshot the guy who kidnapped his son and molested him


"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?
was her name tenneassi
omtish

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2014-01-11 14:30:39 Reply

At 1/11/14 10:37 AM, SolidPantsSnake wrote: One of the guys was released recently. they make him sound like a hero in the press release, disgusting.

Not exactly, they simply said that juvenile prison was a life-altering experience, and hopes to go back to a normal high school student, (impossible as that my be) pretty much the standard lawyer speak for his client. Way to horribly misinterpret something like that.


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2014-01-11 14:40:04 Reply

At 1/11/14 02:30 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 1/11/14 10:37 AM, SolidPantsSnake wrote: One of the guys was released recently. they make him sound like a hero in the press release, disgusting.
Not exactly, they simply said that juvenile prison was a life-altering experience, and hopes to go back to a normal high school student, (impossible as that my be) pretty much the standard lawyer speak for his client. Way to horribly misinterpret something like that.

Rapists deserve to have their heads smashed in by Gallagher

There's no grey area

There's no silver lining

It's just dark, disgusting, horrible, life destroying bullshit, no one who commits rape should ever be reintroduced into human society


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2014-01-11 15:29:54 Reply

At 1/11/14 02:40 PM, Xenomit wrote: Rapists deserve to have their heads smashed in by Gallagher

There's no grey area

There's no silver lining

Edgy, this one is.

In all seriousness, no one says that rape is a good thing, and I already stated that he won't have a normal life in high school, if not for the rest of his days, but now you seem like you want to give this guy a lynching for raping a drunk girl. Let me repeat myself, I'm in no way condoning his actions, but he did his time and he'll live with that for the rest of his life, that's punishment enough.

Since when did you become the Internet version of Light Yagami?

It's just dark, disgusting, horrible, life destroying bullshit, no one who commits rape should ever be reintroduced into human society

Yes, according to you, but not the law. I swear, if it were up to you, you would be the first person to lead a lynch mob with a noose, hot tar and feathers. Instead of moping about it here, just go ask your representative to make a bill making rape a capital offense along with first degree murder and treason.


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Member since: Jul. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2014-01-11 15:32:28 Reply

Damn. Looks like we'll have to like my status 30 times before something gets done.


​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2014-01-11 17:20:26 Reply

At 1/11/14 03:29 PM, orangebomb wrote: Edgy, this one is.

If we live in a world where rapists deserve anything better than utter shit, then I seriously don't even want existence to exist anymore, that's seriously as low as a society can sink. It's edgy to think that Hitler wasn't that bad of a guy, it's no where near edgy to think that rapists deserve to have their lives turned into a pure hell.

In all seriousness, no one says that rape is a good thing, and I already stated that he won't have a normal life in high school, if not for the rest of his days, but now you seem like you want to give this guy a lynching for raping a drunk girl. Let me repeat myself, I'm in no way condoning his actions, but he did his time and he'll live with that for the rest of his life, that's punishment enough.

It's not lynching if they genuinely deserve it. That's called justice, and god knows our system of implementing and carrying it out is fucking retarded.

It's just dark, disgusting, horrible, life destroying bullshit, no one who commits rape should ever be reintroduced into human society
Yes, according to you, but not the law. I swear, if it were up to you, you would be the first person to lead a lynch mob with a noose, hot tar and feathers.

Like I said, it's not lynching if they deserve it. And I'm not implying the death sentence, that's not a punishment but rather a release. A lot more than a few years is what is deserving of one of the worst things you can do to another human being.

Instead of moping about it here, just go ask your representative to make a bill making rape a capital offense along with first degree murder and treason.

I've done that already, quite a few years ago. I've contacted many different people about many different issues regarding laws that govern what people do to eachother, like murder and kidnapping/ abduction.


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2014-01-11 17:59:10 Reply

At 1/11/14 05:20 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 1/11/14 03:29 PM, orangebomb wrote: Edgy, this one is.
If we live in a world where rapists deserve anything better than utter shit, then I seriously don't even want existence to exist anymore, that's seriously as low as a society can sink. It's edgy to think that Hitler wasn't that bad of a guy, it's no where near edgy to think that rapists deserve to have their lives turned into a pure hell.

Obviously, you haven't heard of many prison stories before where rapists are usually treated far worse than most others inside, which generally means their lives were shit when they get in, and that's not including the regular joes who will cast judgement on him for the rest of his life. You come off as edgy because you want them to be lynched from the highest tree by the law, and what purpose will that serve? Killing one rapist doesn't make the pain of the rape victim go away.

Also, Thanks for invoking Godwin's law here, when you use Hitler in an argument, even if it is irrelevant, people generally think less of your argument.

It's not lynching if they genuinely deserve it. That's called justice, and god knows our system of implementing and carrying it out is fucking retarded.

I'm sorry, but who made you judge, jury and executioner? This is why I compared your rationale to Light Yagami, you may have good intentions in mind, but just because you're killing off evil criminals doesn't make you good. This is the same goddamn spiel you used against George Zimmerman and think our judicial system is fucked up, when in reality, it did it's job, and just because you disagree with the ruling doesn't give you the right to bitch and moan like a child when his toy is taken away. There's being edgy, and there's being myopic, and you are now both.

The American Justice system may not be perfect, but it's still the best one on the planet.

Like I said, it's not lynching if they deserve it. And I'm not implying the death sentence, that's not a punishment but rather a release.

Deserve has nothing to do with anything, it would be no different if I said that Edward Snowden was a filthy rat who deserved to be shot dead for not facing the music. Lot of people get or don't get what they do or don't deserve all the time, and to try to correct that is largely futile.

A lot more than a few years is what is deserving of one of the worst things you can do to another human being.

So in other words, you want to see this 16 year old rot in adult jail for the rest of his life without parole? Clearly, you either don't believe in forgiveness at all, or don't realize that he was a youth who made a stupid mistake and paid for his crime.

I've done that already, quite a few years ago. I've contacted many different people about many different issues regarding laws that govern what people do to eachother, like murder and kidnapping/ abduction.

At least you're doing something about it, but considering how extreme your views are, I probably imagine that a lot of your ideas get lost in the mail, and it's hard not to see why.


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Splats
Splats
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2014-01-11 18:07:02 Reply

Lord, I don't really say this often but let's ruin some more lives
#EyeForAnEye


*slightly hostile hand gestures*

BBS Signature
SolXeroEraser
SolXeroEraser
  • Member since: Feb. 18, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Game Developer
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2014-01-11 18:14:12 Reply

One word...
Humans.


BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2014-01-11 18:18:48 Reply

At 1/11/14 10:37 AM, SolidPantsSnake wrote: One of the guys was released recently. they make him sound like a hero in the press release, disgusting.

Very telling that the press release from him and his family bears no mention towards his victim with an apology, all about his and their struggle, not the victims.


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
kanef
kanef
  • Member since: Nov. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2014-01-11 18:26:55 Reply

you guys ever listen to an album called "buyer's market" by peter sotos?
...just wondering


ńęwgróuńdśęś ręśidęńt pątrićiąń

BBS Signature
supergandhi64
supergandhi64
  • Member since: Dec. 10, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2014-01-11 18:29:01 Reply

Tweeted It To All My Followers . . . Justice Will Be Done

--supergandhi64


BBS Signature
kanef
kanef
  • Member since: Nov. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2014-01-11 19:12:41 Reply

At 1/11/14 06:29 PM, supergandhi64 wrote: Tweeted It To All My Followers . . . Justice Will Be Done

--supergandhi64

Leave This Topic . . . The Followers Are Being Contacted


ńęwgróuńdśęś ręśidęńt pątrićiąń

BBS Signature
SolidPantsSnake
SolidPantsSnake
  • Member since: Sep. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2014-01-11 22:36:41 Reply

At 1/11/14 02:30 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 1/11/14 10:37 AM, SolidPantsSnake wrote: One of the guys was released recently. they make him sound like a hero in the press release, disgusting.
Not exactly, they simply said that juvenile prison was a life-altering experience, and hopes to go back to a normal high school student, (impossible as that my be) pretty much the standard lawyer speak for his client. Way to horribly misinterpret something like that.

When they use phrases like "met it squarely, lifted his chin, set his shoulders" and then decide to call "him a better stronger person" they are romanticizing him to an extent.

I think you're just a bored person looking for a fight. you should ditch the attitude.


I'm the guy with the funny name.

BBS Signature
o0-0o
o0-0o
  • Member since: May. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2014-01-11 22:45:16 Reply

That's it? 1 year? Hooray for rape culture I guess.

Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Member since: Apr. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2014-01-11 22:50:36 Reply

At 1/11/14 10:45 PM, o0-0o wrote: That's it? 1 year? Hooray for rape culture I guess.

And us males reap the benfit!

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2014-01-11 23:21:31 Reply

At 1/11/14 10:36 PM, SolidPantsSnake wrote: When they use phrases like "met it squarely, lifted his chin, set his shoulders" and then decide to call "him a better stronger person" they are romanticizing him to an extent.

A lot of it is lawyer speak, what the hell else do you want them to say exactly? The man was resentful for his crime, he did his time as a juvenile (unlike a certain someone who's wants to bring out the noose) and now he's free. Say what you want about the sentence, but he served his time in jail, and hopefully he's a changed man. Frankly, this thread should be over.

I think you're just a bored person looking for a fight. you should ditch the attitude.

I was simply stating my opinion, at least I don't pretend to be a self-righteous prick with a warped sense of justice.


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature