SolidPantsSnake
SolidPantsSnake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2014-01-12 00:30:05 Reply

At 1/11/14 11:21 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 1/11/14 10:36 PM, SolidPantsSnake wrote: When they use phrases like "met it squarely, lifted his chin, set his shoulders" and then decide to call "him a better stronger person" they are romanticizing him to an extent.
A lot of it is lawyer speak, what the hell else do you want them to say exactly?

Something far less hammy. I don't care at all about a rapist personal struggle when they get off easy for such a heinous crime. They could just give details and nothing else. He did his time and got out is the only thing they need to say. They could have gave any mention at all to the victim and it would have been less offensive to me.

The man was resentful for his crime, he did his time as a juvenile (unlike a certain someone who's wants to bring out the noose) and now he's free. Say what you want about the sentence, but he served his time in jail, and hopefully he's a changed man. Frankly, this thread should be over.

Other people get tried as adults. He should have been.

I think you're just a bored person looking for a fight. you should ditch the attitude.
I was simply stating my opinion, at least I don't pretend to be a self-righteous prick with a warped sense of justice.

So you're just a regular prick then?

I'm the guy with the funny name.

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2014-01-12 02:19:55 Reply

At 1/12/14 12:30 AM, SolidPantsSnake wrote:

I'm getting sick of this bullshit, so this is the last time I'm going to say anything on this thread.

Something far less hammy. I don't care at all about a rapist personal struggle when they get off easy for such a heinous crime. They could just give details and nothing else. He did his time and got out is the only thing they need to say. They could have gave any mention at all to the victim and it would have been less offensive to me.

And what will that accomplish? I'll give you that the fact that they didn't mention the victim at all and that's not good on their part, but there was no requirement for them to do so.

You can't treat all crimes and criminals the same, (that's why you have Juvie for) it's impossible to do without going into all of the legal loopholes and stuff. You must remember that both the criminal and victim were minors at the time, it wouldn't be right to charge him as an adult, especially if has the maturity of a minor. Here's a simple question for you, where do you draw the line when two minors commit a crime?

At least I don't have the mentality of a hard-line vigilante who wants to treat minors the same way as adults under the law. He paid his dues to society, he is apologetic, (or appears to) and that's the end of this, and it's disgusting that we keep arguing this.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
SolidPantsSnake
SolidPantsSnake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2014-01-12 02:30:22 Reply

At 1/12/14 02:19 AM, orangebomb wrote:
At 1/12/14 12:30 AM, SolidPantsSnake wrote:
I'm getting sick of this bullshit, so this is the last time I'm going to say anything on this thread.

I'm getting sick of your bullshit. I'm glad i don't wanna hear anymore.

And what will that accomplish? I'll give you that the fact that they didn't mention the victim at all and that's not good on their part, but there was no requirement for them to do so.

Not doing so shows a complete lack of empathy.

You can't treat all crimes and criminals the same, (that's why you have Juvie for) it's impossible to do without going into all of the legal loopholes and stuff. You must remember that both the criminal and victim were minors at the time, it wouldn't be right to charge him as an adult, especially if has the maturity of a minor. Here's a simple question for you, where do you draw the line when two minors commit a crime?

Anything above a misdemeanor. Most courts will treat a felon like a felon. If you commit a felony it's not uncommon to be tried as an adult. He got off easy living in a small town and being affiliated with the right people.

At least I don't have the mentality of a hard-line vigilante who wants to treat minors the same way as adults under the law. He paid his dues to society, he is apologetic, (or appears to) and that's the end of this, and it's disgusting that we keep arguing this.

No you have the mentality of a rapist sympathizer.

I'm the guy with the funny name.

BBS Signature