New Topic Respond to this Topic
Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-19 23:39:59 Reply

At 3/18/13 07:12 PM, Gagsy wrote: The CNN coverage was insane. I especially don't get how those two woman could stand there and just talk about how emotional it was for the 'boys', how upsetting it was to see them break down into tears.

It makes my blood boil a bit.

Plus fuck em. They are crying for themselves, not for the girl whos live they've completely ruined.

The whole situation pissed me off but I'm glad I don't normally watch CNN so I didn't actually see it live.

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 01:21:00 Reply

At 3/19/13 07:13 PM, Xenomit wrote: A few hundred dollars here and there doesn't matter. A few hundred million dollars here and there makes a fuckton of difference

No single rain drop blames itself for the flood.

Until you get over this bullshit about not making enough of a difference I will not take you seriously. You are expecting others to take huge fucking cuts while you're unwilling to take even a tiny scratch.

No, it's sickening that someone can work out, get good at blocking people, and play in a few games, and then make enough money per year to fix a lot of national issues.

Ok, let's see you compete at even a high school level. I dare you to be able to remember every single audible, multiple blocking assignments for several formations, and being able to figure out what you're supposed to in the span of one second. All of that before you even have to deal with blocking the 300 ib Samoan who has worked out there entire life and runs a 5 40.

If I donated every single cent of mine to help the nation get out of this rut, it wouldn't make a single difference. But if every single football player gave up at least half of what they earn, we'd be out of trouble in no time. But NOPE, just because they can run a ball around like a child, they get to keep billions and billions of dollars to themselves.

"Others should sacrifice but not me."

Justify that. I swear to god you can't.

Here we go, if they weren't worth that much they wouldn't make that much.

And? They're not paying the players, they're paying the NFL. Justify someone getting hundreds of millions of dollars for playing a game.

When was the last time you worked literally your entire life just about for something that has a very small chance of happening even then, where you have to maintain constant peaks of physical perfection, while also competing against the best of the best nearly worldwide.

Because I worked to earn it. These guys didn't earn hundreds of millions. They just play a game.

What is your job? What makes it so difficult? If it is just playing a game then why the hell aren't more people jumping on this get rich quick scheme?

Dude I don't even want any of the money, it just makes me physically ill that someone can play a child's sport and get paid out of the ass as though they're saving the nation or something.

Clearly it's a childs sport, judging by the large amount of viewership, competition, and dedication that goes into the game.

I've said so several times already.

It all comes down to you personally not liking it and not willing to make the changes yourself.

Please don't embarrass yourself further by coming up with some bullshit reason they should get to keep hundreds of millions of dollars that they didn't even work to earn.

Troll confirmed

All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 01:24:55 Reply

At 3/19/13 11:32 PM, BumFodder wrote: You wish, people seem to think that just donating a little bit of money to this cause or that cause will help magically solve everything, but clearly it doesnt. Youre better off donating your own time, and even that wont help solve any large scale problems. All those starving children in africa are going to be starving whether or not a bunch of white people feel sorry for them or not.

If it doesn't help then why does it matter that they make the money?

So because some people are rich you feel other people only have a right to complain if they try living without money? How does that make sense? Why doesnt all their money go towards helping others like you said? I dont know what your problem is but you are clearly so ignorant that you claim consumerist capitalism infallible as fact lol. How stupid and tied up in money can you be?

You can only complain if you are also willing to subjugate yourself to the same sort of sacrifice. Whoever said it was infallible? Sure, we get into situations where people will rub each others backs and hook them up with secured multi million dollar contracts requiring little to no work, but that never happens on the player side of things.

How has any of that got to do with anything he said at all? Youre telling him to prove something when theres nothing to prove.

When you complain about others not having a need, then you cannot expect to not be subjugated to the exact same question.

I suppose those less well off people care, whoever they may be. Sports players dont have some kind of magical fairy talent that entitles them to vast amounts of money, and you shouldnt pretend they do.

You're right, it's not just talent, minus extremely rare cases, it's also a fuckton of dedication and hard work pretty much from the get go. (Unless you're a kicked. That can be something that's a talent you can get by on without needing that much effort once the basics are down.)

All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 01:32:54 Reply

At 3/20/13 01:21 AM, RacistBassist wrote:
At 3/19/13 07:13 PM, Xenomit wrote:

Why do you people just embarrass yourselves furthermore by embracing the outrageously stupid

Dude just get over it and admit that you don't wanna loose the argument, because no one as smart as you could so willingly say that it isn't one of the dumbest things you've ever heard of in your entire life

TAB
WINNER OF NGBBS ATTENTION WHORE 3 YEARS CONSECUTIVE. FUCK WITH ME.

BBS Signature
Tremulos
Tremulos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 01:56:07 Reply

At 3/20/13 01:32 AM, Xenomit wrote:
At 3/20/13 01:21 AM, RacistBassist wrote:
At 3/19/13 07:13 PM, Xenomit wrote:
Why do you people just embarrass yourselves furthermore by embracing the outrageously stupid

Dude just get over it and admit that you don't wanna loose the argument, because no one as smart as you could so willingly say that it isn't one of the dumbest things you've ever heard of in your entire life

How old are you again Xenomit?

Because I thought the same thing about sports salaries when I was like 15

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 02:01:56 Reply

At 3/20/13 01:56 AM, Tremulos wrote: How old are you again Xenomit?

Because I thought the same thing about sports salaries when I was like 15

lol

All these people

Steubenville Rape Crew

TAB
WINNER OF NGBBS ATTENTION WHORE 3 YEARS CONSECUTIVE. FUCK WITH ME.

BBS Signature
Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 02:06:38 Reply

Hey look at all the off-topic arguments

Let's just make a new topic altogether to take all this off-topic talk and keep what needs to be said to this topic.

Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
You don't even want to know

BBS Signature
Tremulos
Tremulos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 02:08:39 Reply

At 3/20/13 02:06 AM, Ryanson wrote: Hey look at all the off-topic arguments

Let's just make a new topic altogether to take all this off-topic talk and keep what needs to be said to this topic.

Sports is extremely relevant to this specific case of "rape" (parentheses because she willingly drunk herself unconscious at a party with college guys)

BBS Signature
Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 02:10:12 Reply

At 3/20/13 02:08 AM, Tremulos wrote: Sports is extremely relevant to this specific case of "rape" (parentheses because she willingly drunk herself unconscious at a party with college guys)

Sports, maybe a little bit.

Sports salaries, no.

But then, I'm backseat modding so I should go get a life or something.

Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 02:10:13 Reply

At 3/20/13 02:06 AM, Ryanson wrote: Hey look at all the off-topic arguments

Yeah, who cares that these guys happened to be good football players? They're fucking rapists. That is all anyone needs to know or care about.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Tremulos
Tremulos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 02:12:38 Reply

At 3/20/13 02:10 AM, Ryanson wrote: Sports, maybe a little bit.

Sports salaries, no.

Well that's just like, your opinion, man

No but really, they're already arrested (right?) and it's not like drunk-girl party-rape is a new thing so I felt okay about contributing to an off-topic argument

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 03:18:23 Reply

Damn rapists.

Also, MONEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Charity's, hospitals and schools should have their own football and sports teams, then dumb sports fans will HAVE to give them money.

my love of material goods is far greater than my love of food

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 09:03:41 Reply

I agree with Ryanson. You guys are going too off-topic with the whole player salary discussion.

The glorification of sports is relevant in this debate, and obviously that is related to the huge amounts of money involved nowadays. It's an issue that may have played a role in the rape case so if you want to bring that up, fine.

However, whether players deserve their salaries is a different discussion and I'd rather have you guys make a new thread for that.

Post deletions may follow if you guys keep going on about player salaries.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 28 December 2014)

BBS Signature
LafyKid
LafyKid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 09:13:25 Reply

If you rape people, you should be allowed to make a lot of money, you have spunk kid.

Crazywill
Crazywill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 09:30:09 Reply

I'm glad that they were punished, and hope that no appeal goes through for them.

The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 11:47:08 Reply

I have NO sympathy to under age girls who get drunk and don't expect any fucking danger. It's their own fucking fault.

They shouldn't even be drinking.

lel

Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 13:02:35 Reply

At 3/20/13 11:47 AM, Sequenced wrote: I have NO sympathy to under age girls who get drunk and don't expect any fucking danger. It's their own fucking fault.

Underage drinking aside, it's not her fault she got raped. No one should have to expect rape as a consequence of anything. Teaching people to expect rape encourages the problem. Why not instead teach people not to rape in the first place? Just because someone around you is drunk or naked or whatever doesn't mean you're entitled to fuck them.

BBS Signature
Zachary
Zachary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 13:12:03 Reply

At 3/20/13 11:47 AM, Sequenced wrote: I have NO sympathy to under age girls who get drunk and don't expect any fucking danger. It's their own fucking fault.

While it is stupid to get that drunk, saying that it's her fault is not true at all. If they can't resist the temptation (let alone have one) to rape someone, then there is clearly something wrong with them mentally.

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 13:40:24 Reply

At 3/20/13 01:12 PM, Zachary wrote:

While it is stupid to get that drunk, saying that it's her fault is not true at all. If they can't resist the temptation (let alone have one) to rape someone, then there is clearly something wrong with them mentally.

She chose to get that drunk. You cant really resist anything when your like that. Ugh

lel

Zachary
Zachary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 13:43:02 Reply

At 3/20/13 01:40 PM, Sequenced wrote: She chose to get that drunk. You cant really resist anything when your like that. Ugh

That doesn't mean they have the right to go rape her...

BBS Signature
TB1ZZL3
TB1ZZL3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 13:43:30 Reply

Little punks got what they deserved. Now let's focus on that piece of shit coach.

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature
Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 14:24:53 Reply

I used to like you.

BBS Signature
mandog
mandog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 14:36:27 Reply

Holy fuck you dweebs aren't above the fucking law, just shut the fuck up.

original I am.

BBS Signature
o0-0o
o0-0o
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 15:50:16 Reply

Absolutely ridiculous. If they were low-class and/or minorities they'd be tossed in jail for a long time without all this. I can't even think of an argument why these rapists shouldn't be in jail.

Hopefully if these idiots get out with not much consequence, a short time in juvenile is nothing for what they did, football player s from teams they play should be aiming to take their heads off at every opportunity.

Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 15:55:19 Reply

At 3/20/13 01:40 PM, Sequenced wrote: She chose to get that drunk. You cant really resist anything when your like that. Ugh

So? The rape still took place, therefore the boys are rapists.

It doesn't matter if they got drunk first. Taking away your ability to defend yourself isn't the same as asking for sex.

Jeff-Teh-Great
Jeff-Teh-Great
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Movie Buff
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 16:04:47 Reply

Weren't the guys who raped her also underage? That one kid in the video was also obviously drunk so it's very hypocritical of you to blame the victim when the perpetrators did the same thing.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 16:06:42 Reply

You cant be serious lol

Sure underage drinking is bad but rape is kinda like over the top JUST A BIT as a punishment. I wouldnt rape someone if they littered in the street.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 17:21:58 Reply

Yes they were both drunk. But I don't see why the rapists get punished and the girl doesn't get fined and/or put into custody for a few days or do community service... for under age drinking.

lel

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 17:29:42 Reply

Ok while everyone has already dug into you for being a fucking idiot you deserve more still.

WHY IS ANY GUY ENTITLED TO RAPE A GIRL JUST BECAUSE SHE IS EXTREMELY DRUNK. THIS IS BASICALLY WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.

THE GIRL IS COMPLETELY WASTED SO I CAN DO ANYTHING I WANT TO HER.

YOU ARE OKING RAPE, YOU ARE OKING MEN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF WOMEN JUST BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO HAVE FUN AND DRINK LIKE MOST PEOPLE TEND TO.

YOU ARE A SHITTY HUMAN BEING IF YOU THINK THIS IS OK.

DON'T FUCKING TELL GIRLS NOT TO GET THEMSELVES RAPED.

TELL GUYS NOT TO FUCKING RAPE.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 17:40:46 Reply

At 3/20/13 05:29 PM, Gagsy wrote:

Ok while everyone has already dug into you for being a fucking idiot you deserve more still.

WHY IS ANY GUY ENTITLED TO RAPE A GIRL JUST BECAUSE SHE IS EXTREMELY DRUNK. THIS IS BASICALLY WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.

Why is a woman entitled to 'take backs'?

Both the guy and girl are drunk but if she doesn't want the consequences for her mistake she just needs to cry rape.

Not saying that is what happened in this specific scenario but the blade cuts both ways and women need to stop with their victim complex.