Be a Supporter!

Steubenville Rape Crew

  • 7,352 Views
  • 183 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-19 16:46:54 Reply

At 3/19/13 03:05 PM, Jeffyx wrote: I think one of them is going to prison for a year, and the other one is going for 2.

inb4 they get raped in the showers

Scarface
Scarface
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-19 17:32:28 Reply

At 3/19/13 03:05 PM, Jeffyx wrote: I think one of them is going to prison for a year, and the other one is going for 2.

I wonder what caused the difference in sentences?

Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-19 17:33:07 Reply

At 3/19/13 05:32 PM, Scarface wrote:
At 3/19/13 03:05 PM, Jeffyx wrote: I think one of them is going to prison for a year, and the other one is going for 2.
I wonder what caused the difference in sentences?

probably a year for every finger

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 57
Writer
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-19 17:34:37 Reply

At 3/19/13 04:46 PM, BumFodder wrote:
At 3/19/13 03:05 PM, Jeffyx wrote: I think one of them is going to prison for a year, and the other one is going for 2.
inb4 they get raped in the showers

Justice is done. :)

Cosmic
Cosmic
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Artist
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-19 17:44:29 Reply

"She's deader than OJ's wife!"

Is it bad that I laughed at that?

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-19 18:51:26 Reply

At 3/18/13 06:22 PM, Xenomit wrote: "I can run a ball across the field so I'm entitled to make hundreds of millions of dollars while people a few blocks away starve to death"

You can make any job sound stupid by using language like that. Pro players provide something people are willingly throwing money at, what's so bad about them making money, especially considering the amount of dedication and skill it takes to make it to the pros. Besides, when was the last time somebody starved to death here that did not involve drugs or abusive parents?


All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-19 18:55:32 Reply

If these were black inner-city basketball players they would already be rotting in the cell and called monsters on the news. Also, victim shaming makes my stomach turn.


autistic screeching

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-19 19:00:28 Reply

At 3/19/13 06:54 PM, Xenomit wrote: Everything you said was invalid. It doesn't even matter. The fact is, no human being deserves to get paid hundreds of millions of dollars for playing a sport. Give me one good reason why they should get to keep all that money, rather than it going to something better? You can't, because they don't deserve anywhere near that much.

Why do you have internet and a computer? That money and time could go towards helping others. Get the fuck out of here with your hypocrisy. It's all envy and jealousy. You know why they should get to keep it? Because they provide a commodity that people willingly, with next to zero coercion, pay for. Until you live a humble life and have only the necessities while still helping others, will I listen to anybody who complains about people making more money. Itemize and explain why you should get to keep every single item you own. Sure, if people are making the money by taking the credit for what other people do or by blatant exploitation, I understand having a problem. Being jelly just because they make more money is not a real reason however.

Sure, they do deserve a good wad of money, but hundreds of millions of dollars a fucking year? Get out of here with that bull shit.

People are willing to pay it so who gives a fuck?


All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-19 19:02:57 Reply

At 3/19/13 05:34 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Justice is done. :)

And the cycle repeats

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-19 19:06:12 Reply

At 3/19/13 07:00 PM, RacistBassist wrote:
At 3/19/13 06:54 PM, Xenomit wrote:
People are willing to pay it so who gives a fuck?

Not to mention they don't make hundreds of dollars a year. The salaray cap in the NFL is 123 million. That means teams have 123 million dollars to spread around a roster of 54-56 players. In Basketball and Hockey this cap is even lower because there are fewer players. The very best players make at most 20 million a year and even that would be a record breaking kind of salary.

When you consider that in 2011 the average NFL team was worth 1.04 billion dollars the fact that only 123 million dollars of that goes to the players, the reason people even buy merchandise and tickets in the first place, you can't say they make too much.

If you want to cry and moan about how teachers or doctors don't get paid that much then I hope you're willing to pony up the money to make teaching and medicare industries that profit in the hundreds of millions every year.

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-19 22:25:30 Reply

At 3/19/13 07:13 PM, Xenomit wrote:

I tried to keep out of this, but this bullshit has to end.

A few hundred dollars here and there doesn't matter. A few hundred million dollars here and there makes a fuckton of difference

Wow, because every fucking ballplayer on a team is being paid like Joe Flacco or A-Rod. Plus, let's be honest, a few hundred million dollars doesn't really go as far as it used to, especially when you look at the grand scheme of things.

No, it's sickening that someone can work out, get good at blocking people, and play in a few games, and then make enough money per year to fix a lot of national issues.

Once again, $100 million doesn't really go that far, especially when most government programs are in the billions of dollars and growing every day. Also, most of them are the best in the world at what they do, and are employed by multi-billion dollar franchises that are mostly respected throughout the respective communities.

Take for example, the Cincinnati Bengals. For a long time, they were considered to be the worst ran franchise in the NFL, if not in all of sports, and yet, they are still a billion dollar franchise, because there are people who are more than willing to shell out money to go to their games, buy their gear, and the networks air their games on TV.

If I donated every single cent of mine to help the nation get out of this rut, it wouldn't make a single difference. But if every single football player gave up at least half of what they earn, we'd be out of trouble in no time. But NOPE, just because they can run a ball around like a child, they get to keep billions and billions of dollars to themselves.

First of all, your estimations on how much football players make is way off, and I just explained it so I'm not going to repeat it. Second, that's really not going to make much of a difference in the big picture, considering that there will be plenty of poor people, slums and what have you. Just go look in downtown Detroit as an example, no amount of charitable works by a certain ballplayer will improve the life of a family living in a shitty housing project, unless they decide to pay their rent/mortgage, light bills, etc. for them, and they ain't going to do that, because they have families to feed themselves.

Not saying that their charitable works aren't admirable, but it's only a drop in the bucket in the big picture.

Justify that. I swear to god you can't.

I just did. Multi-billion dollar franchises in which a good amount of them have been around for decades, in addition to having the best in the world at what they do, it's only right that they get paid their just due.

I could try to explain stuff like collective bargaining and TV deals that change the income of teams, but I know that you won't get it if I explained it to you, because you'll bitch about it.

And? They're not paying the players, they're paying the NFL. Justify someone getting hundreds of millions of dollars for playing a game.

Not wasting my time explaining what I just said.

Because I worked to earn it. These guys didn't earn hundreds of millions. They just play a game.

Yes, then we should pay them 3rd world socialist wages for playing a game that millions of people love and has the possibility of damage to their bodies in the future, because they love what they do. Words can't describe how ego-driven and ignorant you are, and this is definitely not the first time.

Dude I don't even want any of the money, it just makes me physically ill that someone can play a child's sport and get paid out of the ass as though they're saving the nation or something.

My bullshit detector just broke. I guarantee you if that being a furry would net you Joe Flacco money, I don't think that you would object, now would you? Just because you don't like football players being paid more money than you'll ever have in your life, doesn't mean that it should bother you, especially if you don't care in the first place.

Please don't embarrass yourself further by coming up with some bullshit reason they should get to keep hundreds of millions of dollars that they didn't even work to earn.

I've said my piece, so I'll just leave this. You are putting your ego and your jealousy into this argument, and bashing on football players for doing something that they love to do, and you hate. This is the pot calling the tea kettle black, served with a side of ignorance.


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
kazumazkan
kazumazkan
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-19 22:42:52 Reply

hope they get what they deserve share it on facebook twitter

it'll go viral regardless but it might get it a kickstart


"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?
was her name tenneassi
omtish

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-19 22:58:38 Reply

At 3/19/13 10:36 PM, Xenomit wrote: Oh look, another idiot who thinks it's completely normal for someone to play a sport and get paid millions.

Gee fucking willikers, someone didn't read my entire post and/or completely misconstrued my point. Tell me then, who deserves to be paid the highest amount of money, and are you willing to pay for that?

Jealousy has nothing to do with it,

BULLSHIT!

they just don't deserve anywhere near as much as they make.

Just because you think they don't deserve it doesn't make it so. There are a lot of people who don't deserve what they get, {both good and bad} but that's what you get when you play the game, and if you can't comprehend that, then you really need to wake up, smell the coffee and get a life. What a novel concept!


Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-19 23:32:43 Reply

At 3/19/13 07:00 PM, RacistBassist wrote: Why do you have internet and a computer? That money and time could go towards helping others.

You wish, people seem to think that just donating a little bit of money to this cause or that cause will help magically solve everything, but clearly it doesnt. Youre better off donating your own time, and even that wont help solve any large scale problems. All those starving children in africa are going to be starving whether or not a bunch of white people feel sorry for them or not.

You know why they should get to keep it? Because they provide a commodity that people willingly, with next to zero coercion, pay for. Until you live a humble life and have only the necessities while still helping others, will I listen to anybody who complains about people making more money.

So because some people are rich you feel other people only have a right to complain if they try living without money? How does that make sense? Why doesnt all their money go towards helping others like you said? I dont know what your problem is but you are clearly so ignorant that you claim consumerist capitalism infallible as fact lol. How stupid and tied up in money can you be?

Itemize and explain why you should get to keep every single item you own. Sure, if people are making the money by taking the credit for what other people do or by blatant exploitation, I understand having a problem. Being jelly just because they make more money is not a real reason however.

How has any of that got to do with anything he said at all? Youre telling him to prove something when theres nothing to prove.

People are willing to pay it so who gives a fuck?

I suppose those less well off people care, whoever they may be. Sports players dont have some kind of magical fairy talent that entitles them to vast amounts of money, and you shouldnt pretend they do.

Emma
Emma
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Writer
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-19 23:39:59 Reply

At 3/18/13 07:12 PM, Gagsy wrote: The CNN coverage was insane. I especially don't get how those two woman could stand there and just talk about how emotional it was for the 'boys', how upsetting it was to see them break down into tears.

It makes my blood boil a bit.

Plus fuck em. They are crying for themselves, not for the girl whos live they've completely ruined.

The whole situation pissed me off but I'm glad I don't normally watch CNN so I didn't actually see it live.


BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 01:21:00 Reply

At 3/19/13 07:13 PM, Xenomit wrote: A few hundred dollars here and there doesn't matter. A few hundred million dollars here and there makes a fuckton of difference

No single rain drop blames itself for the flood.

Until you get over this bullshit about not making enough of a difference I will not take you seriously. You are expecting others to take huge fucking cuts while you're unwilling to take even a tiny scratch.

No, it's sickening that someone can work out, get good at blocking people, and play in a few games, and then make enough money per year to fix a lot of national issues.

Ok, let's see you compete at even a high school level. I dare you to be able to remember every single audible, multiple blocking assignments for several formations, and being able to figure out what you're supposed to in the span of one second. All of that before you even have to deal with blocking the 300 ib Samoan who has worked out there entire life and runs a 5 40.

If I donated every single cent of mine to help the nation get out of this rut, it wouldn't make a single difference. But if every single football player gave up at least half of what they earn, we'd be out of trouble in no time. But NOPE, just because they can run a ball around like a child, they get to keep billions and billions of dollars to themselves.

"Others should sacrifice but not me."

Justify that. I swear to god you can't.

Here we go, if they weren't worth that much they wouldn't make that much.

And? They're not paying the players, they're paying the NFL. Justify someone getting hundreds of millions of dollars for playing a game.

When was the last time you worked literally your entire life just about for something that has a very small chance of happening even then, where you have to maintain constant peaks of physical perfection, while also competing against the best of the best nearly worldwide.

Because I worked to earn it. These guys didn't earn hundreds of millions. They just play a game.

What is your job? What makes it so difficult? If it is just playing a game then why the hell aren't more people jumping on this get rich quick scheme?

Dude I don't even want any of the money, it just makes me physically ill that someone can play a child's sport and get paid out of the ass as though they're saving the nation or something.

Clearly it's a childs sport, judging by the large amount of viewership, competition, and dedication that goes into the game.

I've said so several times already.

It all comes down to you personally not liking it and not willing to make the changes yourself.

Please don't embarrass yourself further by coming up with some bullshit reason they should get to keep hundreds of millions of dollars that they didn't even work to earn.

Troll confirmed


All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 01:24:55 Reply

At 3/19/13 11:32 PM, BumFodder wrote: You wish, people seem to think that just donating a little bit of money to this cause or that cause will help magically solve everything, but clearly it doesnt. Youre better off donating your own time, and even that wont help solve any large scale problems. All those starving children in africa are going to be starving whether or not a bunch of white people feel sorry for them or not.

If it doesn't help then why does it matter that they make the money?

So because some people are rich you feel other people only have a right to complain if they try living without money? How does that make sense? Why doesnt all their money go towards helping others like you said? I dont know what your problem is but you are clearly so ignorant that you claim consumerist capitalism infallible as fact lol. How stupid and tied up in money can you be?

You can only complain if you are also willing to subjugate yourself to the same sort of sacrifice. Whoever said it was infallible? Sure, we get into situations where people will rub each others backs and hook them up with secured multi million dollar contracts requiring little to no work, but that never happens on the player side of things.

How has any of that got to do with anything he said at all? Youre telling him to prove something when theres nothing to prove.

When you complain about others not having a need, then you cannot expect to not be subjugated to the exact same question.

I suppose those less well off people care, whoever they may be. Sports players dont have some kind of magical fairy talent that entitles them to vast amounts of money, and you shouldnt pretend they do.

You're right, it's not just talent, minus extremely rare cases, it's also a fuckton of dedication and hard work pretty much from the get go. (Unless you're a kicked. That can be something that's a talent you can get by on without needing that much effort once the basics are down.)


All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
Tremulos
Tremulos
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Musician
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 01:56:07 Reply

At 3/20/13 01:32 AM, Xenomit wrote:
At 3/20/13 01:21 AM, RacistBassist wrote:
At 3/19/13 07:13 PM, Xenomit wrote:
Why do you people just embarrass yourselves furthermore by embracing the outrageously stupid

Dude just get over it and admit that you don't wanna loose the argument, because no one as smart as you could so willingly say that it isn't one of the dumbest things you've ever heard of in your entire life

How old are you again Xenomit?

Because I thought the same thing about sports salaries when I was like 15


It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature
Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 02:06:38 Reply

Hey look at all the off-topic arguments

Let's just make a new topic altogether to take all this off-topic talk and keep what needs to be said to this topic.


Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
last.fm Never Forget

BBS Signature
Tremulos
Tremulos
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Musician
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 02:08:39 Reply

At 3/20/13 02:06 AM, Ryanson wrote: Hey look at all the off-topic arguments

Let's just make a new topic altogether to take all this off-topic talk and keep what needs to be said to this topic.

Sports is extremely relevant to this specific case of "rape" (parentheses because she willingly drunk herself unconscious at a party with college guys)


It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature
Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 02:10:12 Reply

At 3/20/13 02:08 AM, Tremulos wrote: Sports is extremely relevant to this specific case of "rape" (parentheses because she willingly drunk herself unconscious at a party with college guys)

Sports, maybe a little bit.

Sports salaries, no.

But then, I'm backseat modding so I should go get a life or something.


Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
last.fm Never Forget

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 02:10:13 Reply

At 3/20/13 02:06 AM, Ryanson wrote: Hey look at all the off-topic arguments

Let's just make a new topic altogether to take all this off-topic talk and keep what needs to be said to this topic.

Yeah, who cares that these guys happened to be good football players? They're fucking rapists. That is all anyone needs to know or care about.


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Tremulos
Tremulos
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Musician
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 02:12:38 Reply

At 3/20/13 02:10 AM, Ryanson wrote: Sports, maybe a little bit.

Sports salaries, no.

Well that's just like, your opinion, man

No but really, they're already arrested (right?) and it's not like drunk-girl party-rape is a new thing so I felt okay about contributing to an off-topic argument


It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 09:03:41 Reply

I agree with Ryanson. You guys are going too off-topic with the whole player salary discussion.

The glorification of sports is relevant in this debate, and obviously that is related to the huge amounts of money involved nowadays. It's an issue that may have played a role in the rape case so if you want to bring that up, fine.

However, whether players deserve their salaries is a different discussion and I'd rather have you guys make a new thread for that.

Post deletions may follow if you guys keep going on about player salaries.


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 3 June 2017)

BBS Signature
LafyKid
LafyKid
  • Member since: Nov. 16, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Animator
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 09:13:25 Reply

If you rape people, you should be allowed to make a lot of money, you have spunk kid.

Crazywill
Crazywill
  • Member since: Sep. 26, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 09:30:09 Reply

I'm glad that they were punished, and hope that no appeal goes through for them.


The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 11:47:08 Reply

I have NO sympathy to under age girls who get drunk and don't expect any fucking danger. It's their own fucking fault.

They shouldn't even be drinking.


lel

BBS Signature
Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 13:02:35 Reply

At 3/20/13 11:47 AM, Sequenced wrote: I have NO sympathy to under age girls who get drunk and don't expect any fucking danger. It's their own fucking fault.

They shouldn't even be drinking.

Underage drinking aside, it's not her fault she got raped. No one should have to expect rape as a consequence of anything. Teaching people to expect rape encourages the problem. Why not instead teach people not to rape in the first place? Just because someone around you is drunk or naked or whatever doesn't mean you're entitled to fuck them.


Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
last.fm Never Forget

BBS Signature
Zachary
Zachary
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 13:12:03 Reply

At 3/20/13 11:47 AM, Sequenced wrote: I have NO sympathy to under age girls who get drunk and don't expect any fucking danger. It's their own fucking fault.

They shouldn't even be drinking.

While it is stupid to get that drunk, saying that it's her fault is not true at all. If they can't resist the temptation (let alone have one) to rape someone, then there is clearly something wrong with them mentally.


.

BBS Signature
Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to Steubenville Rape Crew 2013-03-20 13:40:24 Reply

At 3/20/13 01:12 PM, Zachary wrote:
At 3/20/13 11:47 AM, Sequenced wrote: I have NO sympathy to under age girls who get drunk and don't expect any fucking danger. It's their own fucking fault.

They shouldn't even be drinking.
While it is stupid to get that drunk, saying that it's her fault is not true at all. If they can't resist the temptation (let alone have one) to rape someone, then there is clearly something wrong with them mentally.

She chose to get that drunk. You cant really resist anything when your like that. Ugh


lel

BBS Signature