Once upon a time there was this one guy named Saint Valentine. Valentine ministered weddings for Soldiers forbidden to marry and also to Christians persecuted by Romans. Well, the old chap got in a bit of trouble, and was put in jail to be executed. Before he went to the block, it is said that he healed the jailerâEUTMs daughter, and wrote âEUoeFrom your ValentineâEU. So, after his head rolled, in some strange turn of events, we made it a romantic holiday!
It indeed looks like Valentines Day is coming around again, so who is up for a little card giving event?
Alrighty, so this is how it is going to go down. I am going to be organizing a sort of secret Valentines exchange with anyone who is interested. During the last of the month of January, I will be recording down names of everyone who would be interested in participating. On the first of February, I will Private message everyone who they are to make a digital valentine for, and you shall have two weeks to create one. Better yet, start tossing some ideas around in your head now!
On February 14th, donâEUTMt forget to post your valentine onto the portal, send it to your recipient, and feel the love in the air.
A few general rules and guidelines:
- If you are interested in joining, just leave a comment stating that you want to join.
- If you want to sign up, make sure you are committed to create one! Nobody should have to feel left out.
- Your valentine can be a digital creation or even an animated gif. If you decide that youâEUTMd rather create a song if thatâEUTMs your forte, then go ahead, but I ask that poetry be accompanied by a digital card as well.
- All skill levels are allowed, so donâEUTMt feel bad if you canâEUTMt do anything better than a drawing in MS Paint.
- LetâEUTMs try to keep this a family friendly event, and stay away from any NSFW images.
IâEUTMm looking forward to this being an awesome event you guys, so letâEUTMs spread the love!