Unlock all of us!3.87 / 5.00 35,211 Views
As DD's story comes to a close, another looms from the not-so-distant shadows....3.88 / 5.00 8,625 Views
Blast at rockets with awesome graphics and music3.91 / 5.00 10,200 Views
Welcome to the:
Monthly Audio Contest 2013 - January / February ORCHESTRAL theme.
- That's right! Whether blasting out an action packed sound scape for a movie's chase scene, or elegantly playing a light waltz for a grand ball, an orchestra is a versatile group of classical instruments that can produce a fantastic variety of enthralling music.
- The primary focus of this contest will be on pieces of music comprised primarily of instruments that are used in an orchestral or symphonic setting.
- Synthetic instruments may be used, but cannot be the primary focus of the piece. Instruments that are synthetic and/or electronic in nature be continually used in a dominant manner. For example, one can use a violin plugin, or brass plugin, but not a theremin plugin. One can use an acoustic guitar plugin, but not an electric guitar plugin. One can use a bells plugin, but not an 8-bit plugin. Keep in mind that any of the aforementioned synthetic instruments can still be used in a supporting role. They just can't be the primary instrument of your entire submission, like you might hear in symphonic black metal.
- Realism of instruments won't be as important as arrangement. Meaning, if you have extremely realistic sounds, but just use the strings section and not much else, your song might not have as much a fighting chance as a less realistic-sounding submission that has more varied usage of orchestral instruments.
- No piano-only songs, or any single-instrument pieces. Remember, the main focus of the contest is usage of an orchestra.
- Songs can be a maximum of 5 minutes. However, slightly longer songs may be taken into consideration and reviewed on a case-by-case basis. There will be no minimum time limit, but please, use your objectivity and common sense... "Does this track constitute a complete full-length song?"
- Collabs are allowed in this contest. You are allowed to collab with ONE OTHER PERSON ONLY. Be sure to provide correct credit details in your project pages. Prize credits awarded will be split evenly between the two collaborators if their song is one of the winners.
- No copyrighted samples. This is rather obvious and self-explanatory. Be sure to also check the Rules for Submitting Audio to the Newgrounds Audio Portal.
- Voices can be used, provided that:
a) It is not sampled from copyrighted recordings.
b) It is 100% your own recording and creation.
c) You can ask another artist or group to provide vocals, as long as all material is newly created for your submission, and you provide the details of the vocalist(s), who they are.
- Submissions must not contain material offensive in nature.
- No covers. All melodies contained in your submission must be composed ENTIRELY by yourself.
- Songs must be NEWLY COMPOSED and created for this competition.
- Each competitor can submit only ONE song for this contest.
- Please submit your entry using your regular account, not an ALT.
- And of course, Have fun!
From now until Sunday February 17th 11:59 PM EST:
Submissions will be accepted
Sunday, February 24th:
The Top 4 winners will be announced.
1st Place: 50 USD Newgrounds Store credit, 1 week audio feature.
2nd Place: 40 USD Newgrounds Store credit, 1 week audio feature.
3rd Place: 30 USD Newgrounds Store credit, 1 week audio feature.
4th Place: 1 week audio feature.
MAC12 - Nov/Dec Christmas Theme
MAC12 - March/April Metal Theme
MAC12 - Jan/Feb Orchestral Theme
MAC10 - Ringtones
MAC9 - "Who's your daddy?"
MAC9 - Valentines
MAC8 - Claiming New Grounds
MAC8 - Flight in Freedom
MAC8 - Trembling Madness
MAC8 - Sorrowed Tears
MAC8 - Music to Motion
MAC8 - Pico Punchout!
MAC8 - Feb/March Pillars of Pico!
Here's my submission, had so much fun working on this piece for the contest, enjoy!
A new life on the sea: My submission for MAC 13 Orchestral Audio Contest
Here is my submission! Good luck everyone!
Might not be fully orchestral, but maybe a hybrid would be acceptable.
I thought I'd give it a go, give myself a change from electronic bass music. Actually quite pleased with the results. Here's my entry!
At 1/31/13 11:42 PM, Warhector wrote: Here is my entry:
Somewhat bugged project page made me have to renew the submitting:
So i guess this is out of the question? Since I mix electric and "analog" instruments..
Well well. If anyone feel like it I would appreciate some feedback on this and my other pice since I really need feedback on my orchestral writing. Feel like Im just stabbing in the dark, although with a sharp sword.
So yeh I'm in!
~rock n' drool~
My submission, 'a child's adventure'
Here's my piece titled The Fall of Men for the Mac13 Orchestral Audio Contest (Jan/Feb).
Here is mine.
It is an orchestral Chillstep track.
I hope it is okay for this contest. :)
I just found out about this contest and literally spent the ENTIRE day working on this. Now I'm behind on my other work. God dammit. Oh well. Best of luck to all you musicians and composer-types out there.