Be a Supporter!
372
372
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Nude models 2013-01-13 15:03:25 Reply

I took a figure drawing class at SVA once and I have to say drawing naked people had to be one of the best artistic experiences I ever had, I learned so much about drawing human anatomy. But sadly the posses where maintained for 2 hours tops and I never really got to finish any thing I worked on. I really wanna start and finish portrait with a real model, but honestly don't know how the hell to go about this.
I need someone to stand really still and be partially nude for a good 6 hours. I'm 17 years old. And I'm broke
Anyone have any Ideas.....

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Nude models 2013-01-13 15:05:41 Reply

At 1/13/13 03:03 PM, 372 wrote: Anyone have any Ideas.....

Craigslist?

Crazy-Pigeon
Crazy-Pigeon
  • Member since: Jan. 1, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Programmer
Response to Nude models 2013-01-13 15:06:14 Reply

Use a picture as a model.


BBS Signature
372
372
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to Nude models 2013-01-13 15:07:40 Reply

At 1/13/13 03:06 PM, Crazy-Pigeon wrote: Use a picture as a model.

drawing from life is the only way It would actually be my artwork... using picture models is kinda a portfolio no no

Makakaov
Makakaov
  • Member since: Jun. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Nude models 2013-01-13 15:08:26 Reply

If you're 17, your parents should be still alive. Go figure...

Manly-Chicken
Manly-Chicken
  • Member since: May. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Game Developer
Response to Nude models 2013-01-13 15:09:29 Reply

At 1/13/13 03:08 PM, Makakaov wrote: If you're 17, your parents should be still alive. Go figure...

Use your parents!


BBS Signature
372
372
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to Nude models 2013-01-13 15:11:10 Reply

At 1/13/13 03:09 PM, Manly-Chicken wrote:
At 1/13/13 03:08 PM, Makakaov wrote: If you're 17, your parents should be still alive. Go figure...
Use your parents!

no D:

Makakaov
Makakaov
  • Member since: Jun. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Nude models 2013-01-13 15:16:15 Reply

At 1/13/13 03:11 PM, 372 wrote:
At 1/13/13 03:09 PM, Manly-Chicken wrote:
At 1/13/13 03:08 PM, Makakaov wrote: If you're 17, your parents should be still alive. Go figure...
Use your parents!
no D:

In this case I'm 99% sure you want us to come up with some idea how to convince your female relative you have crush on to pose partially naked for you, because as You believe, it would get you closer and you'd actualy get into relationship with her.

You're one sick motherfucker.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Nude models 2013-01-13 15:17:06 Reply

At 1/13/13 03:09 PM, Manly-Chicken wrote: Use your parents!

Relevant.

Spedmallet
Spedmallet
  • Member since: Aug. 15, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Artist
Response to Nude models 2013-01-13 15:21:12 Reply

how are you high school age but college themed class


Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature
yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Member since: May. 28, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Artist
Response to Nude models 2013-01-13 15:33:06 Reply

Just get a photograph of someone. Good god. The desperation.

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Nude models 2013-01-13 15:36:35 Reply

I can do it for you.

I have broad shoulders and striking height, but soft feminine hips.


TAB "FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping "xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
372
372
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to Nude models 2013-01-13 15:40:45 Reply

At 1/13/13 03:33 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: Just get a photograph of someone. Good god. The desperation.

lol how am i desperate you fucking idiot.
YOUR UN-TALENTED ASS OBVIOUSLY WOULDN'T KNOW but art colleges look for portfolios that aren't using PICTURES as a reference, but are using REAL LIFE. Not to mention using "PICTURES DUHH" off the internet is something called "Violating Copyright"
You fucking moron. This is fucking art time you lame ass fucker. Go back to third grade.

poxpower
poxpower
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Nude models 2013-01-13 15:46:58 Reply

At 1/13/13 03:03 PM, 372 wrote:
Anyone have any Ideas.....

Google has a large collection of naked people for you to draw.

Nude model classes are great but they're basically the same as you drawing from a computer screen. If you're really interested in improving, buy yourself some magazines or anatomy books and copy as many images from them as you can. You can also go in the bus / starbucks etc to draw people. It's probably pretty hard.

You're 17, don't worry about "portfolio no-nos". If you actually care about improving, do as I say.

You can also try this;

  • Anatomy Challenge part 1
    Anatomy Challenge part 1 by poxpower

    All the photos in an anatomy book drawn in less than a month.

    Score
    3.80 / 5.00
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    8,275 Views
    Rated
    Ages 17+
  • Anatomy Challenge part 2
    Anatomy Challenge part 2 by poxpower

    All the photos in an anatomy book drawn in less than a month.

    Score
    3.91 / 5.00
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    6,854 Views
    Rated
    Ages 17+

Don't even need books, just the internet or magazines, but a finite thing is a good way to get motivated and measure how much you've done. Just set goals like X hours a day or X drawings or whatever.


BBS Signature
Makakaov
Makakaov
  • Member since: Jun. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Nude models 2013-01-13 15:47:50 Reply

At 1/13/13 03:40 PM, 372 wrote: lol how am i desperate you fucking idiot.
YOUR UN-TALENTED ASS OBVIOUSLY WOULDN'T KNOW but art colleges look for portfolios that aren't using PICTURES as a reference, but are using REAL LIFE. Not to mention using "PICTURES DUHH" off the internet is something called "Violating Copyright"
You fucking moron. This is fucking art time you lame ass fucker. Go back to third grade.

No wonders parents didn't want to pose for such unstable human being, despite him bein their son.

yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Member since: May. 28, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Artist
Response to Nude models 2013-01-13 15:50:43 Reply

At 1/13/13 03:40 PM, 372 wrote: YOUR UN-TALENTED ASS OBVIOUSLY WOULDN'T KNOW but art colleges

lol
art colleges like kids whose drawings fit in with whatever style is flavour of the week, at the time

You fucking moron. This is fucking art time you lame ass fucker.

this kind of elitism is the exact reason I dropped art when I was in sixth form

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Nude models 2013-01-13 15:52:27 Reply

At 1/13/13 03:50 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: this kind of elitism is the exact reason I dropped art when I was in sixth form

You stopped doing something you liked because of how other people were acting?

That's like if someone stopped liking a song because other people act stupid about it.


TAB "FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping "xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
372
372
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to Nude models 2013-01-13 15:53:51 Reply

At 1/13/13 03:46 PM, poxpower wrote:
At 1/13/13 03:03 PM, 372 wrote:
Anyone have any Ideas.....
Google has a large collection of naked people for you to draw.

Nude model classes are great but they're basically the same as you drawing from a computer screen. If you're really interested in improving, buy yourself some magazines or anatomy books and copy as many images from them as you can. You can also go in the bus / starbucks etc to draw people. It's probably pretty hard.

You're 17, don't worry about "portfolio no-nos". If you actually care about improving, do as I say.

You can also try this;
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/573064
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/573065
Don't even need books, just the internet or magazines, but a finite thing is a good way to get motivated and measure how much you've done. Just set goals like X hours a day or X drawings or whatever.

uh but like I guess I didn't make this clear, but I'm mostly worried about getting together a nice looking portfolio, not so much improving my skills with sketchbook drawings. Which is why I want a model for at least 6 hours, so I could create a finished work that would be 100% my own artwork. But I do like you're drawings. I was looking at them on your website before.

yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Member since: May. 28, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Artist
Response to Nude models 2013-01-13 15:56:12 Reply

At 1/13/13 03:52 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 1/13/13 03:50 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: this kind of elitism is the exact reason I dropped art when I was in sixth form
You stopped doing something you liked because of how other people were acting?

I dropped art when it became apparent that my teachers and examiners expected me to create drawings/paintings that prove my knowledge of art history while spending as much money as possible on research excursions, instead of actually creating something unique and interesting.

Just because I like drawing/painting/whatever, doesn't mean I like striving to impress a bunch of elderly neckbeards who wouldn't know a good work of art if it smacked them in the face.

Makakaov
Makakaov
  • Member since: Jun. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Nude models 2013-01-13 15:56:23 Reply

ffs;

1. Get out.
2. Find a mime.
3. Draw.

Keep in mind that number 1 applies forever for everyone's comfort.
372
372
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to Nude models 2013-01-13 15:57:42 Reply

At 1/13/13 03:50 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 1/13/13 03:40 PM, 372 wrote: YOUR UN-TALENTED ASS OBVIOUSLY WOULDN'T KNOW but art colleges
lol
art colleges like kids whose drawings fit in with whatever style is flavour of the week, at the time

You fucking moron. This is fucking art time you lame ass fucker.
this kind of elitism is the exact reason I dropped art when I was in sixth form

awh poor baby, they didn't like your "oh so obscure" drawings cause it wasn't in style :'(
(OR BECAUSE IT LOOKS FUCKING STUPID AS SHIT AND YOU CAN'T DRAW)
Just because you suck doesn't mean it's everyone elses fault lmfao

poxpower
poxpower
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Nude models 2013-01-13 16:00:24 Reply

At 1/13/13 03:53 PM, 372 wrote:
uh but like I guess I didn't make this clear, but I'm mostly worried about getting together a nice looking portfolio, not so much improving my skills with sketchbook drawings. Which is why I want a model for at least 6 hours, so I could create a finished work that would be 100% my own artwork. But I do like you're drawings. I was looking at them on your website before.

Well a finished portfolio probably shouldn't contain random nude model drawings. If you need a particular pose to create a piece of art, Google is fine. It's still your own art even if you take the basic pose from a copyrighted image. What is it you're looking to create exactly?

In this day and age, you absolutely do not need to hire a model, especially not at 17. I don't even think that would be legal. You think some 20-something woman/ man would be alright getting paid money to get naked in front of someone who isn't even 18? Lol.
There's nothing wrong with that in my opinion, but that's not how the legal system sees it.


BBS Signature
372
372
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to Nude models 2013-01-13 16:13:33 Reply

At 1/13/13 04:00 PM, poxpower wrote:
At 1/13/13 03:53 PM, 372 wrote:
uh but like I guess I didn't make this clear, but I'm mostly worried about getting together a nice looking portfolio, not so much improving my skills with sketchbook drawings. Which is why I want a model for at least 6 hours, so I could create a finished work that would be 100% my own artwork. But I do like you're drawings. I was looking at them on your website before.
Well a finished portfolio probably shouldn't contain random nude model drawings. If you need a particular pose to create a piece of art, Google is fine. It's still your own art even if you take the basic pose from a copyrighted image. What is it you're looking to create exactly?

In this day and age, you absolutely do not need to hire a model, especially not at 17. I don't even think that would be legal. You think some 20-something woman/ man would be alright getting paid money to get naked in front of someone who isn't even 18? Lol.
There's nothing wrong with that in my opinion, but that's not how the legal system sees it.

I wanted to create a couple of very large scale full body portraits. A series of life sized portraits seems like a portfolio worthy to idea me. But I don't think I could pull off something like that while making it look good with google images :\ and If I did It seems like it just take away from it a whole lot you know..

dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Member since: Feb. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Nude models 2013-01-13 16:18:37 Reply

Why do they have to be nude? Just wondering.


DVD Collection and Game Collection Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
poxpower
poxpower
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Nude models 2013-01-13 16:29:46 Reply

At 1/13/13 04:13 PM, 372 wrote:
I wanted to create a couple of very large scale full body portraits. A series of life sized portraits seems like a portfolio worthy to idea me. But I don't think I could pull off something like that while making it look good with google images :\ and If I did It seems like it just take away from it a whole lot you know..

The art school people won't know you used google.
For something like this, you'd need to use photography anyway, no model would stand there for days unless you paid them hundreds.


BBS Signature
Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Member since: Feb. 20, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Musician
Response to Nude models 2013-01-13 16:30:10 Reply

i'll pose nude 4 you


letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Nude models 2013-01-13 16:36:15 Reply

At 1/13/13 04:18 PM, dogpup4 wrote: Why do they have to be nude? Just wondering.

Because that's what humans are in their pure natural state.

That and nudity is timeless.

372
372
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to Nude models 2013-01-13 16:42:13 Reply

At 1/13/13 04:29 PM, poxpower wrote:
At 1/13/13 04:13 PM, 372 wrote:

The art school people won't know you used google.
For something like this, you'd need to use photography anyway, no model would stand there for days unless you paid them hundreds.

Well I'm supposed to write about each piece and identify my references but whatever
And yeah I guess you're right. I just wish they're was a way :(

Manly-Chicken
Manly-Chicken
  • Member since: May. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Game Developer
Response to Nude models 2013-01-13 17:38:59 Reply

Are you just doing this so you can jack off to a naked lady irl after you're done ogling/drawing her?


BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Member since: Sep. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Nude models 2013-01-13 17:45:27 Reply

At 1/13/13 03:11 PM, 372 wrote:
At 1/13/13 03:09 PM, Manly-Chicken wrote:
At 1/13/13 03:08 PM, Makakaov wrote: If you're 17, your parents should be still alive. Go figure...
Use your parents!
no D:

What is your excuse for this? This thread is suppose to be about art, as an artist what possible reasoning could there be against using any human body for such drawings? You insult art to refuse to ask your parents if they would do it for you.

You are not asking for the "perfect" human body to pose for you, which as a low grade artist you don't have any sort of holy right towards demanding anyway. You should be happy to get anyone to agree to such things and your parents are absolutely no exception.

You just want to stare at naked people using art as an excuse. Desecrating the whole reason behind using a life model. You make me sick.


When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship. Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature