Be a Supporter!
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Garageband Help Jan. 12th, 2013 @ 07:53 PM Reply

I finished a song on Garageband and I was thinking maybe I should post some of my GB songs on Newgrounds. I have no clue how to make a Garageband song MP3 or at least WAV so I can convert it easily. Any help?

Steam | Letterboxd | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
AcesArco
AcesArco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Game Developer
Response to Garageband Help Jan. 12th, 2013 @ 08:49 PM Reply

At 1/12/13 07:53 PM, J-Rex wrote: I finished a song on Garageband and I was thinking maybe I should post some of my GB songs on Newgrounds. I have no clue how to make a Garageband song MP3 or at least WAV so I can convert it easily. Any help?

Are you talking the Mac or IPhone or IPad?

Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Garageband Help Jan. 12th, 2013 @ 10:37 PM Reply

At 1/12/13 08:49 PM, AcesArco wrote:
At 1/12/13 07:53 PM, J-Rex wrote: I finished a song on Garageband and I was thinking maybe I should post some of my GB songs on Newgrounds. I have no clue how to make a Garageband song MP3 or at least WAV so I can convert it easily. Any help?
Are you talking the Mac or IPhone or IPad?

Mac and iPod.

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Garageband Help Jan. 12th, 2013 @ 10:46 PM Reply

Tried exporting the file?

Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Garageband Help Jan. 12th, 2013 @ 11:08 PM Reply

At 1/12/13 10:46 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote: Tried exporting the file?

All I can do is save the song in Garageband, nothing more.

BBS Signature
ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Garageband Help Jan. 12th, 2013 @ 11:20 PM Reply

Ummm...I'm pretty sure you can't really export it when it's on an iPod, so I would try hooking it up to the Mac and finding a way to open it on the Mac, or importing the GarageBand file onto the Mac at least. When you have GarageBand open on the Mac, you click the very upper tab that says "Share" and you "Send Song to iTunes". You can compress it to MP3 or AAC, or unchecking the "Compress" box will export it to AIFF.

...is that useful?

BBS Signature
AcesArco
AcesArco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Game Developer
Response to Garageband Help Jan. 13th, 2013 @ 03:56 AM Reply

At 1/12/13 11:20 PM, ZipZipper wrote: Ummm...I'm pretty sure you can't really export it when it's on an iPod, so I would try hooking it up to the Mac and finding a way to open it on the Mac, or importing the GarageBand file onto the Mac at least. When you have GarageBand open on the Mac, you click the very upper tab that says "Share" and you "Send Song to iTunes". You can compress it to MP3 or AAC, or unchecking the "Compress" box will export it to AIFF.

...is that useful?

You can export it as an ITunes through IPhone or IPod by going to the main base menu and click on one of the songs and click share. The Connect it to ITunes, then It's done.

Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Garageband Help Jan. 13th, 2013 @ 10:28 AM Reply

I never see the Share button in Garageband, I do on my ipod though,

BBS Signature
ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Garageband Help Jan. 13th, 2013 @ 11:40 AM Reply

At 1/13/13 03:56 AM, AcesArco wrote: You can export it as an ITunes through IPhone or IPod by going to the main base menu and click on one of the songs and click share. The Connect it to ITunes, then It's done.

Hmmm...okay. I wouldn't really know because I've never done that on an iPhone or iPod. But I heard that there was trouble doing that or it doesn't export into the correct format Idk...

At 1/13/13 10:28 AM, J-Rex wrote: I never see the Share button in Garageband, I do on my ipod though,

On the Mac, it's at the very top next to stuff like "File" and "Edit"

BBS Signature