New Topic Respond to this Topic
DivoFST
DivoFST
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Free Bass Guitar Vsti Or Soundfont? Jan. 12th, 2013 @ 07:06 PM Reply

What do you guys usually use to emulate decently a bass guitar?
Iv tried a few VTSi but i was really displeased with the effect i got, i also tried doing the bass with my guitar and then tweeking the sound but i dont like the result.
So what do you use?
PS: Im looking for something free or in a very extreme case very cheap.

No mather how good you are sometime, somewhere, somehow...
Someone will blow your mind and make feel a beginner again..

BBS Signature
SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Free Bass Guitar Vsti Or Soundfont? Jan. 12th, 2013 @ 08:45 PM Reply

At 1/12/13 07:06 PM, DivoFST wrote: What do you guys usually use to emulate decently a bass guitar?
Iv tried a few VTSi but i was really displeased with the effect i got, i also tried doing the bass with my guitar and then tweeking the sound but i dont like the result.
So what do you use?
PS: Im looking for something free or in a very extreme case very cheap.

FL Studio has a good bass guitar-ish sound called BooBass, and there's a soundfont called BassFing which I've gotten some good results on. Soundfonts in general seem to have decent bass sounds.

Oh, also, the Kontakt demo version has some nice bass sounds.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
DivoFST
DivoFST
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Free Bass Guitar Vsti Or Soundfont? Jan. 12th, 2013 @ 08:47 PM Reply

Thanks Skye, i shall take a look at those :)

No mather how good you are sometime, somewhere, somehow...
Someone will blow your mind and make feel a beginner again..

BBS Signature
Lich
Lich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to Free Bass Guitar Vsti Or Soundfont? Jan. 13th, 2013 @ 06:57 AM Reply

Like what was stated above, Boobass if you want a bass guitar for free. It isn't that great but it's better than you can expect for a freebie.

SHREDDAGE 2 might be a pretty damn decent option if you have some spare money laying around for not only a good bass sound but also a Lead & Rythem sound. It's Orientated more for Lead & Rythem but with a bass amp/cab VST it packs alot of punch. It's a Kontakt 5 library but the best part is that unlike the Original Shreddage which seemed to only run in a demo mode in the player, the new one is fully playable and supported in Kontakt 5 Player which can be downloaded for free off of the Native Instruments website.

| Music | News | Favorites | - Audio Destruction, Evolving One Track At A Time!

BBS Signature