Be a Supporter!

Aaron Swartz Commits Suicide

  • 1,376 Views
  • 46 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Nor
Nor
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Reader
Response to Aaron Swartz Commits Suicide 2013-01-13 01:01:28 Reply

At 1/13/13 12:58 AM, Shade wrote:
Specify what you mean by "Specific Niche Community"
le memes.

If thats what he was talking about then yes, Reddit is a filthy scummish site filled with the latest "made" memes.
I hope it dies in a fire.


わたしのぺにす

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Member since: Mar. 26, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to Aaron Swartz Commits Suicide 2013-01-13 01:02:52 Reply

At 1/13/13 01:01 AM, Nor wrote:
At 1/13/13 12:58 AM, Shade wrote:
Specify what you mean by "Specific Niche Community"
le memes.
If thats what he was talking about then yes, Reddit is a filthy scummish site filled with the latest "made" memes.
I hope it dies in a fire.

Welcome to the club.

Swag-in-a-Bag
Swag-in-a-Bag
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Writer
Response to Aaron Swartz Commits Suicide 2013-01-13 01:14:25 Reply

At 1/13/13 12:35 AM, Stretchysumo wrote:
He was awaiting trial and could have faced up to 50 years in prison and 4 million dollars in fines. I can see why he killed himself.

See that's the problem, he didn't follow through to live to see the results of the case; who knows he could have gotten of lightly but now it's irrelevant.

Thats why you always follow through, but that's just me; he prob had other issues going on


Believe what thou Wilt

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Aaron Swartz Commits Suicide 2013-01-13 01:48:14 Reply

At 1/13/13 12:42 AM, Halberd wrote: Those comments...

Anonymous at 10:35 AM on January 12, 2013:
Personally, id rather walk the streets and set every human, child and building on fire, and go down in a bloody cruel blaze of glory, walking in pools of blood, ripping out the tongues of the dying screaming people, before i ever gave into suicide.

HOW PATHETIC/ how weak. ONCE AGAIN ANOTHER FOOL LETS THE GOV'T WIN. i have no respect for ANY HUMAN/

I guess he was one of those friendly gay guys who would never hurt anyone, regardless of all the bad done to him. And yes, he couldn't stand up to the life-ruining punishment he was about to receive.

Also, your argument is about as retarded as someone who chooses committing murder over suicide because suicide = Hell and murder can be forgiven, blah.

wildfire4461
wildfire4461
  • Member since: Dec. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Aaron Swartz Commits Suicide 2013-01-13 03:15:59 Reply

He also founded Demand Progress.org.
Are they suuuure it's a suicide?


That's right I like guns and ponies. Problem cocksuckers?
Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense. IMPEACH OBAMA.

BBS Signature
Vasconium
Vasconium
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Melancholy
Response to Aaron Swartz Commits Suicide 2013-01-13 04:16:40 Reply

At 1/13/13 12:58 AM, Shade wrote:
le memes.

Only retards go to r/f7u12 nowadays. If anything, we'd rather laugh at their shitty attempts at being edgy on r/f7u12_ham.

Reddit has been anti-meme since a year ago, yet nobody seems to notice or care.


Fun to play with, even better to eat.

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Aaron Swartz Commits Suicide 2013-01-13 04:16:56 Reply

A lot of hate 4 reddit here and i can't blame you for thinking this way but i won't lie I get enjoyment out of browsing some sections like the ask me anything section and the today I learned section


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

Ononymous
Ononymous
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Aaron Swartz Commits Suicide 2013-01-13 06:33:00 Reply

At 1/12/13 08:08 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 1/12/13 07:49 PM, Ononymous wrote:
Bashing Reddit is the in thing to do around here even though it has something there for everybody. It's an aggregator. If you're looking at shit subreddits, it's your own fault.

LOL so clevar, upvoated!!!111!!!

Clearly, Reddit is a bastion of intelligence.

Aaron Swartz Commits Suicide

DevourerJay
DevourerJay
  • Member since: Jan. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Aaron Swartz Commits Suicide 2013-01-13 06:46:44 Reply

I couldn't tell you the level of fuck I don't give... I didn't even feel anything for that elementary shooting...

what's wrong with me?

DevourerJay~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Sig By Xeno.
Formerly known as MissingNYC

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Aaron Swartz Commits Suicide 2013-01-13 14:56:31 Reply

His funeral will be held at the Central Avenue Synagogue in Highland Park, Illinois on the 15th.

ZJ
ZJ
  • Member since: Jul. 5, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Aaron Swartz Commits Suicide 2013-01-13 14:58:05 Reply

It's a shame that one man's death has to be made fun of because you guys don't like the website he was a part of. Are you guys not mentally able to seperate the two?


Sig by Some Guy - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Member since: Feb. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Aaron Swartz Commits Suicide 2013-01-13 15:03:45 Reply

At 1/13/13 06:33 AM, Ononymous wrote: Clearly, Reddit is a bastion of intelligence.

Oh yeah, like Newgrounds is any better. Get off your high horse, people are allowed to have a joke aren't they?

At 1/13/13 01:01 AM, Nor wrote: If thats what he was talking about then yes, Reddit is a filthy scummish site filled with the latest "made" memes.
I hope it dies in a fire.

You've never even been to Reddit, have you? You just assume it's full of memes. I've been on it for over a year now and I haven't encountered any.. There's a Subreddit for all tastes, whether it be Doctor Who or knitting, so there's no point in jumping on the hate bandwagon just because you think it makes you look cool.

I can't believe people are actually glad Aaron Swartz has died just because they don't like Reddit. You're disgusting.


DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
Metraff
Metraff
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to Aaron Swartz Commits Suicide 2013-01-13 17:27:29 Reply

Aaron Swartz should win Golden Gameboy of the year.


Support NG. Tweeter
"Metraff I'm going to fuck you." - Sodamachine

Ononymous
Ononymous
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Aaron Swartz Commits Suicide 2013-01-13 17:48:50 Reply

At 1/13/13 03:03 PM, dogpup4 wrote:
At 1/13/13 06:33 AM, Ononymous wrote: Clearly, Reddit is a bastion of intelligence.
Oh yeah, like Newgrounds is any better. Get off your high horse, people are allowed to have a joke aren't they?

Reddit is a left-wing echo-chamber which encourages circlejerking 24/7, which is why that picture I posted is so bland and unoriginal. There are much better sites which aggregate news, such as 4chan's /pol/ board, which, unlike Reddit, do not bury unpopular views via upvotes and downvotes.

You probably like it because you're a liberal with misshapen genitalia, but conservative libertarians like I do not wish to post on the internet version of a totalitarian state.

I laugh when I hear about redditors dying. Yet another drone dies, boo hoo, lol.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Aaron Swartz Commits Suicide 2013-01-13 19:53:22 Reply

At 1/12/13 10:19 PM, Nor wrote: Specify what you mean by "Specific Niche Community"

Okay, let me put it this way.

A lot of people here wrongly assume that the community is the same throughout the site. It isn't. The only thing one can say that could apply to every single subreddit is that...people share...things. I can't even say "links" because several subreddits only allow self posts.

At 1/13/13 01:01 AM, Nor wrote: If thats what he was talking about then yes, Reddit is a filthy scummish site filled with the latest "made" memes.

Yeah, see, if you looked at the right subreddits, you'd know that this is incorrect. It isn't all memes, bacon, narwhals, Carl Sagan, atheism, cat pictures, and liberal circle jerks. If you dig through the shit, you'll find something worthwhile.

At 1/13/13 03:03 PM, dogpup4 wrote: I can't believe people are actually glad Aaron Swartz has died just because they don't like Reddit. You're disgusting.

It's just as bad as when that guy from Slipknot died. Everybody was rejoicing. I hate their music, too, but a guy fucking died.

At 1/13/13 05:48 PM, Ononymous wrote: You probably like it because you're a liberal with misshapen genitalia, but conservative libertarians like I do not wish to post on the internet version of a totalitarian state.

again, wrong subreddit, your fault. /r/politics is also a shitty subreddit. Of course, I'm sure you didn't give any of those links a chance because of your bias. That's fine, but don't get annoyed because I won't back away from defending it.

And as Dogpup said, this bbs doesn't exactly live up to high standards, so it seems kinda silly to put down a site that actually has some decent communities, depending on where you go. And, frankly, I wouldn't care if the comment sections sucked or not, for the most part, with the exception of a few self post subreddits like /r/askscience. What matters is the content.


one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Mr-Shark
Mr-Shark
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to Aaron Swartz Commits Suicide 2013-01-13 21:37:19 Reply

The illuminati did it.

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Aaron Swartz Commits Suicide 2013-01-13 22:24:06 Reply

who cares one less idiot in the world.