New Topic Respond to this Topic
KeyMasterRyuko
KeyMasterRyuko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Unable to Upload 2013-01-12 02:32:50 Reply

I do hope I'm posting in the same thread as the one I was viewing...but I was trying to upload an image on my laptop (since my desktop won't let me upload anything at all on Chrome or IE, the cropping image thing doesn't pop up) and after I fill in all the information and hit enter I get this message
#!/usr/local/bin/php
Asked some more code-savvy folks and they said it was the site's problem, not mine. Odd thing is that when I paste that error message I get a ton of extra text (more than what was on the error message page) but I'm not sure if that's useful so I'll withhold it until requested. In any case, this issue is more than a bit annoying...Hoping it can be resolved soon.

WiZBiN-Yoshi-1
WiZBiN-Yoshi-1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Unable to Upload 2013-01-12 07:38:10 Reply

same

SteelMullet
SteelMullet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Filmmaker
Response to Unable to Upload 2013-01-12 10:15:33 Reply

Same. Is this happening to everyone or what?

Check out ma awesome original Doujinshi at RMSCOMICS.COM!

BBS Signature
ChildSafetyLid
ChildSafetyLid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to Unable to Upload 2013-01-12 10:29:15 Reply

Everyone has it. I've just been using a different browser for uploading then Chrome for browsing as I always do.

ornery
ornery
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Artist
Response to Unable to Upload 2013-01-12 10:38:43 Reply

try firefox or chrome if you arent already. Also you can try clearing your cache, that was the more recent fix for this problem. Another trick that I have always done which works about half the time is fill out all the form data (ratings, comments, title etc.) Then upload and crop the pic as the very last thing you do.

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Unable to Upload 2013-01-12 15:41:37 Reply

At 1/12/13 10:38 AM, ornery wrote: try firefox or chrome if you arent already. Also you can try clearing your cache, that was the more recent fix for this problem. Another trick that I have always done which works about half the time is fill out all the form data (ratings, comments, title etc.) Then upload and crop the pic as the very last thing you do.

Actually, this is a new problem... the site staff is aware of it! Hopefully will have it fixed in the next few days. Until then... sincerest apologies and thanks for your patience.

Shotgunmadmax
Shotgunmadmax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to Unable to Upload 2013-01-12 16:39:15 Reply

Same here. I was getting super worried. My art can wait, though. Glad this thread was up.

ChildSafetyLid
ChildSafetyLid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to Unable to Upload 2013-01-12 18:09:37 Reply

At 1/12/13 10:38 AM, ornery wrote: try firefox or chrome if you arent already. Also you can try clearing your cache, that was the more recent fix for this problem. Another trick that I have always done which works about half the time is fill out all the form data (ratings, comments, title etc.) Then upload and crop the pic as the very last thing you do.

The OP says they're using Chrome. I do suggest Firefox, I forgot to mention it was my resolution in my own post and did not want to double post.

KeyMasterRyuko
KeyMasterRyuko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Unable to Upload 2013-01-13 03:04:00 Reply

The OP says they're using Chrome. I do suggest Firefox, I forgot to mention it was my resolution in my own post and did not want to double post.

I've tried using Firefox, IE and chrome on two different machines...nothing.

Dawcio510
Dawcio510
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Unable to Upload 2013-01-13 07:33:11 Reply

At 1/12/13 02:32 AM, KeyMasterRyuko wrote: I do hope I'm posting in the same thread as the one I was viewing...but I was trying to upload an image on my laptop (since my desktop won't let me upload anything at all on Chrome or IE, the cropping image thing doesn't pop up) and after I fill in all the information and hit enter I get this message
#!/usr/local/bin/php

Same dude, I am sad of this I can't upload my awesome stuff, heres one for us c:

Unable to Upload

"I fapped to this topic."
- Razeroath.

BBS Signature
Dawcio510
Dawcio510
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Unable to Upload 2013-01-13 07:39:45 Reply

At 1/12/13 02:32 AM, KeyMasterRyuko wrote: I do hope I'm posting in the same thread as the one I was viewing...but I was trying to upload an image on my laptop (since my desktop won't let me upload anything at all on Chrome or IE, the cropping image thing doesn't pop up) and after I fill in all the information and hit enter I get this message
#!/usr/local/bin/php

Same dude, I am sad of this I can't upload my awesome stuff, heres one for us c:

Unable to Upload

"I fapped to this topic."
- Razeroath.

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Unable to Upload 2013-01-13 07:49:48 Reply

At 1/13/13 07:39 AM, Dawcio510 wrote: Same dude, I am sad of this I can't upload my awesome stuff, heres one for us c:

That's something made with a Madness scene creator, isn't it?
Don't upload that stuff, since it's designed by the game creator, and not yourself. It's like uploading a screenshot from a Dress-Up game,.

BBS Signature
justsomerandomdude
justsomerandomdude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Unable to Upload 2013-01-13 08:48:06 Reply

Is there any word on when this will be fixed ?
Because I calculated my resolution and it's below 4million px² it's about 3.5 so plenty left

Swirv
Swirv
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Unable to Upload 2013-01-13 13:01:26 Reply

Same cant Upload

ManDeep
ManDeep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to Unable to Upload 2013-01-13 14:28:46 Reply

Dash nabbit dangit naggit damnit, i'm very grump right now.

BBS Signature
HandsomeJake
HandsomeJake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Unable to Upload 2013-01-14 00:49:58 Reply

I was recently scouted by creepyboy. strangely, i recieved 2 messages about this. i clicked the link to approve the scouting, and i am taken to a white page with the text "#!/usr/local/bin/php" and I am still not scouted. I'm using Firefox and I have cleared my cache. Can anyone automatically scout me? This is a feature I've wanted to take advantage of for a while and I'm pretty disappointed I can't use it.

Unable to Upload

HandsomeJake
HandsomeJake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Unable to Upload 2013-01-14 00:56:57 Reply

KeyMasterRyuko just scouted me and I'm getting the same thing.

Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 38
Art Lover
Response to Unable to Upload 2013-01-14 01:04:16 Reply

At 1/14/13 12:56 AM, HandsomeJake wrote: KeyMasterRyuko just scouted me and I'm getting the same thing.

Oh dear, seems like not only the art upload is affected.

If you get another scouting offer, please save it until you hear something about the portal being fixed. Keep an eye on this thread, because I am sure someone will post a relevant reply here. It can take some days but your scouting invite so doesn't expire. If it's removed in the process of fixing the portal pm one of the users that offered to scout you and explain the situation.

You could also explain the bug you encountered to liljim, I am sure he'll appreciate your help.

BBS Signature
ThePixieEater
ThePixieEater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Unable to Upload 2013-01-14 01:44:03 Reply

Phew. I thought it was just me. I was getting very frustrated.

HandsomeJake
HandsomeJake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Unable to Upload 2013-01-14 02:35:39 Reply

Actually, I tried to upload a new user icon and it wouldn't work either. Not to go off topic, but I feel like the whole site is having issues atm

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Unable to Upload 2013-01-14 06:42:48 Reply

At 1/14/13 01:04 AM, Luwano wrote: You could also explain the bug you encountered to liljim, I am sure he'll appreciate your help.

I think the admins know about the bug, which is something that developed on Friday.
They may get round to solving it this week, now that the weekend is over.

BBS Signature
Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 38
Art Lover
Response to Unable to Upload 2013-01-14 14:42:42 Reply

At 1/14/13 06:42 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
I think the admins know about the bug, which is something that developed on Friday.
They may get round to solving it this week, now that the weekend is over.

You are right, of course, but I wasn't sure if they knew about the scouting issue too.

Either way the issue seems to be solved. Would be great to know if anybody who posted here, still has problems uploading.

BBS Signature
CrazyCreators
CrazyCreators
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Unable to Upload 2013-01-14 15:47:59 Reply

Guys I managed to upload mine so i think they fixed it.

check the date if you want to:

• Our Pianist
    Our Pianist by TheeCrazyArtists

This took me 4 days in order to finish it.I hope you like it :D

Score
    0.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

Youtube Facebook George's Twitter

Crazy might be just a word but it might have a thousand meanings through out the world.

Pervy-Dan-Hibiki
Pervy-Dan-Hibiki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Unable to Upload 2013-01-14 16:08:35 Reply

At 1/14/13 03:47 PM, TheeCrazyArtists wrote: Guys I managed to upload mine so i think they fixed it.

check the date if you want to:
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/theecrazyartists/our-pian ist

I was able to upload a drawing as well, but it's not appearing in the portal. It appears in my profile, just not in the portal :/

"I've got a motivation problem so my standard break from life is getting longer"

BBS Signature
Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 38
Art Lover
Response to Unable to Upload 2013-01-14 16:10:59 Reply

At 1/14/13 04:08 PM, Pervy-Dan-Hibiki wrote: I was able to upload a drawing as well, but it's not appearing in the portal. It appears in my profile, just not in the portal :/

In the top right corner of the portal there are four buttons: E, T, M & A

A covers adult rated pics and is turned off by default. Click the A and you should see your pic (and many other adult rated pics).

BBS Signature
Pervy-Dan-Hibiki
Pervy-Dan-Hibiki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Unable to Upload 2013-01-14 16:19:16 Reply

At 1/14/13 04:10 PM, Luwano wrote:
At 1/14/13 04:08 PM, Pervy-Dan-Hibiki wrote: I was able to upload a drawing as well, but it's not appearing in the portal. It appears in my profile, just not in the portal :/
In the top right corner of the portal there are four buttons: E, T, M & A

A covers adult rated pics and is turned off by default. Click the A and you should see your pic (and many other adult rated pics).

yeah, i did that. i even made it so i can only see the adult rated pic. i'm not seeing mine. were you able to see it or something?

"I've got a motivation problem so my standard break from life is getting longer"

BBS Signature
Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 38
Art Lover
Response to Unable to Upload 2013-01-14 16:31:08 Reply

At 1/14/13 04:19 PM, Pervy-Dan-Hibiki wrote: yeah, i did that. i even made it so i can only see the adult rated pic. i'm not seeing mine. were you able to see it or something?

It's on page two of the portal already.

BBS Signature
Pervy-Dan-Hibiki
Pervy-Dan-Hibiki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Unable to Upload 2013-01-14 16:35:26 Reply

At 1/14/13 04:31 PM, Luwano wrote:
At 1/14/13 04:19 PM, Pervy-Dan-Hibiki wrote: yeah, i did that. i even made it so i can only see the adult rated pic. i'm not seeing mine. were you able to see it or something?
It's on page two of the portal already.

hmm. well as long as other people see it on the portal, i guess it doesn't matter if I can see it. Thanks.

BBS Signature
HandsomeJake
HandsomeJake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Unable to Upload 2013-01-14 21:08:05 Reply

Everything's working fine now! Thanks!

Zacharo
Zacharo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Unable to Upload 2013-01-18 15:50:39 Reply

The cropping window still does not pop up for me. Has Newgrounds confirmed a fix?