Respond to this Topic
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Winter Flash-Off Winners & 2013 Jan. 12th, 2013 @ 11:39 AM Reply

Awesome some very good submissions this year everybody!

BBS Signature
Carbonwater
Carbonwater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to Winter Flash-Off Winners & 2013 Jan. 12th, 2013 @ 05:02 PM Reply

At 1/11/13 05:23 PM, TomFulp wrote: I was thinking what if instead of Pico Day, we had New Day where everyone tries to make something completely NEW. Music unlike existing music. Games unlike existing games. Ultra experimental, kinda crazy. Thoughts?

How about Indie Day?
A whole day dedicated to new ideas and concepts that have never been done before.

FrozenFire
FrozenFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Game Developer
Response to Winter Flash-Off Winners & 2013 Jan. 12th, 2013 @ 05:11 PM Reply

I'm all for a clean slate with NG Events and holidays. Although I do think there should be physical meet-ups. They really have encouraged some amazing collaboration in the past. Also I really enjoyed the Tank Award ceremonies. They weren't really themed towards anything so I feel they could be a recurring day that wouldn't really get old.

PIED3
PIED3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Winter Flash-Off Winners & 2013 Jan. 12th, 2013 @ 06:32 PM Reply

At 1/12/13 10:47 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: Like I said, look between the walls and cracks and corners, not look at the bloody front page or first set of results. And besides, I don't do M or A-rated stuff either, and even then there are some astounding works. (And the more astounding of them are in my favourites.)

Ha ha, don't worry, I'm just being silly. There is some good art buried somewhere under all the erotica!

BBS Signature
PrettyMuchBryce
PrettyMuchBryce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Winter Flash-Off Winners & 2013 Jan. 12th, 2013 @ 07:14 PM Reply

At 1/11/13 05:23 PM, TomFulp wrote: I was thinking what if instead of Pico Day, we had New Day where everyone tries to make something completely NEW. Music unlike existing music. Games unlike existing games. Ultra experimental, kinda crazy. Thoughts?

I like the idea of submissions based on being experimental ! +1

BBS Signature
NoLanLabs
NoLanLabs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Winter Flash-Off Winners & 2013 Jan. 12th, 2013 @ 08:54 PM Reply

At 1/12/13 07:44 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: To be perfectly honest, Tom, I have a strong gut feeling that if we were to take that tradition away, we won't really be distinguishable from any other site anymore in terms of programmes lined up for users. Pico Day, Clock Day... I mean traditions keep us together, like some sort of fraternity -- we're "close-knit" in that sense. Everyone over here identifies with them in some way, shape or form, and to varying extents. If we take these away, there's not much to know and love anymore, is there?

I agree with this 100%. I would definitely miss Pico Day if it was gone.

On a side note though, it would be neat to have a Jam sort of thing, for ALL types of content (games movies audio art writing) where everyone makes stuff around one theme in a weekend.

Happy Robot Day 2014! Play our latest GAME! It's in 3-D!

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Winter Flash-Off Winners & 2013 Jan. 13th, 2013 @ 11:05 AM Reply

At 1/12/13 06:32 PM, PIED3 wrote:
At 1/12/13 10:47 AM, TroisNyxEtienne wrote: Like I said, look between the walls and cracks and corners, not look at the bloody front page or first set of results. And besides, I don't do M or A-rated stuff either, and even then there are some astounding works. (And the more astounding of them are in my favourites.)
Ha ha, don't worry, I'm just being silly. There is some good art buried somewhere under all the erotica!

Actually, if you had clicked some of the boobs that day you would have seen it was the Friday Flood and it was all grotesque creatures posing as boobs in their icons... So that was pretty damn awesome.

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
cockvane
cockvane
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Winter Flash-Off Winners & 2013 Jan. 13th, 2013 @ 12:53 PM Reply

Wow, thanks to the Judges and the Public voters - and a bit of luck! We didn't expect to finish in the top 4. We thought the Swan KingS humour and story was even more 'too-Britishy' than Jack-O'Lampoons and so feared it would alienate non-Brits, but it turns out, the voters seemed to mostly appreciate it!

This has given us a good boost of motivation to do more episodes in the New Year!
We are looking for an male american 'TV commercials' -style voice artist and a woman voice artist who can sing as well as narrate too, so PM me if interested!

Happy New Year everyone!

Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to Winter Flash-Off Winners & 2013 Jan. 13th, 2013 @ 01:47 PM Reply

At 1/11/13 05:23 PM, TomFulp wrote: I've been on the fence about Pico Day this year. I don't think I want to have an event at the office because I just want to work work work and not be distracted or create more things to have anxiety over. Has anyone been making anything for Pico Day? I know of a small handful but we could still do something special around those. I was thinking what if instead of Pico Day, we had New Day where everyone tries to make something completely NEW. Music unlike existing music. Games unlike existing games. Ultra experimental, kinda crazy. Thoughts?

That actually sounds fucking cool. Your best hope is to start some new wave for us all to get behind, because I feel your posts get more anxious every time, so we need something to be pushing forward, not trying to prop up! I'll make something for New Day whether it happens or not.

Or we can call it Otto Day because its real purpose is my birthday.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
Carrion
Carrion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Winter Flash-Off Winners & 2013 Jan. 13th, 2013 @ 05:45 PM Reply

At 1/13/13 01:47 PM, Otto wrote:

Avant Garde day? Sounds right up my alley!

BBS Signature
Emrox
Emrox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Animator
Response to Winter Flash-Off Winners & 2013 Jan. 13th, 2013 @ 09:28 PM Reply

Hey! Was this ever added to the Xmas collection? It shoulda gotten more recognition.

BBS Signature
maxman43
maxman43
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Game Developer
Response to Winter Flash-Off Winners & 2013 Jan. 13th, 2013 @ 11:22 PM Reply

New Day sounds like the best idea ever!
I've never been a big fan of Pico Day, to be honest, but I sure as hell love experimental stuff.
This is just the kind of change NG needs to stay fresh.

Games? More like GAMES! | ROBOTS! MORE ROBOTS! COWS! ROBOTS AGAIN!

Bill-Premo
Bill-Premo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to Winter Flash-Off Winners & 2013 Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 02:59 AM Reply

At 1/13/13 09:28 PM, Emrox wrote: Hey! Was this ever added to the Xmas collection? It shoulda gotten more recognition.

That was awesome, thanks for exposing me to this.

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Winter Flash-Off Winners & 2013 Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 10:54 AM Reply

At 1/13/13 09:28 PM, Emrox wrote: Hey! Was this ever added to the Xmas collection? It shoulda gotten more recognition.

Dammit totally missed that. :(

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
mandog
mandog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Winter Flash-Off Winners & 2013 Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 01:33 PM Reply

At 1/14/13 12:06 PM, Travis wrote: I vote Luis day be changed to Luis & Travis day.

People have to like you for that

original I am.

BBS Signature
PsychoGoldfish
PsychoGoldfish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Winter Flash-Off Winners & 2013 Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 02:57 PM Reply

Pico Day has really evolved over the years. It used to be dedicated to the original Pico cast, then expanded to include al the core NG characters (and staff for that matter). The next logical step is to make it evolve further into a day for fans to submit parodies and tributes of their favorite NG characters and users.

I would much rather see holidays dedicated to outdated characters and groups go to pasture. You just can't justify dropping/replacing Pico day and keeping shit like Clock day that caters to memes that have long passed their twilight, or even madness day which says we care about that one franchise more than all the other great ones that have no day.

Keep Pico Day and make it more open and we'll still get all the great madness movies and games, and the clock crew will always have a presence as well.

Then you can come up with new theme days to fill the months with lame holidays. Stuff that's themed but not restricting, like the much under-promoted Robot Day.

Arch-Angel likes this sig!

BBS Signature
PsychoGoldfish
PsychoGoldfish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Winter Flash-Off Winners & 2013 Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 03:04 PM Reply

As for the big party at the office, why not replace that with a 5 hour chat party instead where the users can all hang out regardless of their location and financial situation and watch pico day submissions together. Then you don't lose all that work time planning a big event or have to get distracted by a ton of people being on-site.

Arch-Angel likes this sig!

BBS Signature
Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Art Lover
Response to Winter Flash-Off Winners & 2013 Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 03:41 PM Reply

I think PsychoGoldfish's post are really convincing and I agree. The chat party sounds like both a good compromise and a lot of fun.

I don't agree with the Clock Day thing though. I love Clock Day.

And as I said, the name would be Pico Day, but you could give out a theme or direction that you are looking for. As long as you promote it well enough it should work out.

BBS Signature
Mr-Shark
Mr-Shark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to Winter Flash-Off Winners & 2013 Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 07:51 PM Reply

Just turn pico day into a 24 hour rave at the ng hq.

deathink
deathink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Winter Flash-Off Winners & 2013 Jan. 15th, 2013 @ 11:12 AM Reply

I like what PsychoGoldfish was saying about holidays being themed, but not restricted.
It was cool how you opened Pico day to all classic NG creations last year, it made it feel more like Newgrounds day.
As for not having the event at the office, I have mixed feelings.
It sounds waaay too stressful. From organizing to hosting (did I mention I hate meeting people).
But on the other hand it seems like the coolest event ever! The greatest talents flying in from all over the world. Man that's EPIC .

"NEWGROUNDS, it's everything to everyone" -RicePirate

BBS Signature
OrgasmSquid
OrgasmSquid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Winter Flash-Off Winners & 2013 Jan. 18th, 2013 @ 05:57 AM Reply

i always felt like the tankmen needed their own day

Alucard
Alucard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Animator
Response to Winter Flash-Off Winners & 2013 Jan. 25th, 2013 @ 01:18 PM Reply

You should make a contest then, everyone will work a lot more. Instead of a contest day, make it a week.