New Topic Respond to this Topic
davidmaletz
davidmaletz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Programmer
Deus Shift Tournament 2013-01-11 13:33:33 Reply

So, yesterday my two-player strategy game, Deus Shift (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/608778), was on the front page of newgrounds, so to celebrate, I decided to host a tournament! The game is best when played against another human, and a tournament will schedule matches and allow people to play against each other!

So, how will this tournament work?

First, anyone who is interested, post a reply here or PM me. Then, a week from now, I will setup a match board and help coordinate times that work for both players for each match. When a match is complete, the winner should PM me a record of their match to confirm the victory. I will resolve any problems that arise, and we will continue matches until the winner is decided!

Are there any prizes?

Besides the honor of being the best player in Deus Shift? I'll get Van Bush (the artist) to draw you a trophy!

Are there any requirements for signing up?

You should know how to play the game to enter the tournament. If you've played the tutorial or beat the beginner AI, then you are good enough to enter. You have a week to contact me (here or via PM) if you want to sign up, so if you don't know how to play, go try it out!

Other questions?

Just ask. I wont bite!

davidmaletz
davidmaletz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Programmer
Response to Deus Shift Tournament 2013-01-18 13:13:30 Reply

Currently, 6 players have signed up. I'd like it if we could have an even 8, so I'll wait a little more to see if two more players will sign up before starting the tournament, but it should start soon!

DeoJr
DeoJr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Deus Shift Tournament 2013-01-29 11:58:48 Reply

Hello anyone out there! I'll surely take part in the tournament, but sadly it's taking forever to get started, so I'd like to play with human opponent besides tournament. I really got involved in Deus Shift and I need an opponent! The intermediate AI is not enough already ) Please contact me if you are interested!

daywalker6644
daywalker6644
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Deus Shift Tournament 2013-01-29 18:09:12 Reply

Aw bummer, I haven't been on newgrounds for a bit. I'm down to play some other people sometime though, hit me up