00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How Do I Delete My Ng Account?

675 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

How Do I Delete My Ng Account? 2013-01-11 07:56:17

5 years ago I decided to call myself The Keyboard Guy because I liked to play the keyboard, but since then I have acquired a variety of nicknames at school and on the internet, and lost my interest in playing the keyboard. For the sake of everyone's sanity, I have instead opted to call myself "Exaro" on every website. However, I cannot find an option to change my username.

Also, due to a change in my feelings about my old music, I would like to delete a lot of it, as I plan to make newer (and much better) versions of them to release in the future. However upon realising I am not able to change my username, I wouldn't mind if it all was purged, along with my three art submissions.

I have not used NewGrounds for quite a while, and feel like it's time for a fresh start. I have already created a new account with the name "Exaro," however I would like TheKeyboardGuy to be deleted. Does anyone know how I might go about doing this?

Response to How Do I Delete My Ng Account? 2013-01-11 08:08:00

You could send a PM to Wade or Tom, but most people will tell you that you should just not login anymore. Or to set your password to some random numbers and letters and not write it down, just forget about it and start fresh with your new Exaro account. Either way, contact one of the administrators of the site and see if they can help you with your audio and art problems.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to How Do I Delete My Ng Account? 2013-01-11 08:21:45

At 1/11/13 07:56 AM, TheKeyboardGuy wrote: For the sake of everyone's sanity, I have instead opted to call myself "Exaro" on every website. However, I cannot find an option to change my username.

There's no option to change your username willy-nilly, since a dedicated userpage is created with your username within the address. (http://thekeyboardguy.newgrounds.com/)
Normally you shoot a request to an admin called WadeFulp with some good reasons why you feel it's important to change you name, but as you said you've already created a new account with a cooler name.

Also, due to a change in my feelings about my old music, I would like to delete a lot of it, as I plan to make newer (and much better) versions of them to release in the future. However upon realising I am not able to change my username, I wouldn't mind if it all was purged, along with my three art submissions.

You sure? I'm not proud of my old stuff, but it's always good to know what you're beginnings are like, and how much you've developed as an artist. Not forgetting that some of your audio has been used in other people's projects

If audio is handled the same was as games and movies, you can unpublish them with the project manager. There's an option to un-publish for each project.
For art, there's an option to delete on each of your submissions. It's the little trash-can icon above your picture.

In both cases, your submission won't be deleted immediately, just in case you have a moment of regret. They're not viewable to the public anymore, however, and they will eventually be completely wiped.

I have not used NewGrounds for quite a while, and feel like it's time for a fresh start. I have already created a new account with the name "Exaro," however I would like TheKeyboardGuy to be deleted. Does anyone know how I might go about doing this?

Since you're using a new account and plan on wiping your old submissions, I wouldn't worry about your dead account. It'll be as useless as a snake's shed skin, plus you've provided a link to your new account.

BBS Signature