New Topic Respond to this Topic
SocietyInfected
SocietyInfected
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Fl Studio Drum Soundpacks..? Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 04:11 AM Reply

Hey, I've been looking all over the internet for free soundpacks to use in Fl Studio. But everytime I search for it, about 97% chance the soundpack will all be loops or either not work properly or just not show up. I use Fl Studio Producer Edition if that helps. I just really need some help on finding good websites to find good drumkit soundpacks (Prefferably Dubstep).

Knoxius
Knoxius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Fl Studio Drum Soundpacks..? Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 09:24 AM Reply

i suggest you start engineering your own sounds. just take the FL stock samples, layer em, and maybe throw a few effects here and there. you'll find that you can tune it to your own unique and gratifying sound, rather than sifting through hundreds of premade samples that just dont make the cut. the process might start out slow and undesirable, but in the long run you will be much happier.

SocietyInfected
SocietyInfected
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Fl Studio Drum Soundpacks..? Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 09:34 AM Reply

At 1/11/13 09:24 AM, Knoxius wrote: i suggest you start engineering your own sounds. just take the FL stock samples, layer em, and maybe throw a few effects here and there. you'll find that you can tune it to your own unique and gratifying sound, rather than sifting through hundreds of premade samples that just dont make the cut. the process might start out slow and undesirable, but in the long run you will be much happier.

Thank you :) This helped a lot, I usually download samples and then put effects to them to make them sound more to my desire, so I'm guessing that's pretty much the same. This helped a load man, thank you!

Lich
Lich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to Fl Studio Drum Soundpacks..? Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 06:01 PM Reply

I found a pack a while back of huge Hardstyle kicks with some snares, hats and claps which are super east to warp & morph to your desire which work for pretty much any Electronic genre out there. If I find the link to it again then I will PM you it.

| Music | News | Favorites | - Audio Destruction, Evolving One Track At A Time!

BBS Signature
deadlyfishes
deadlyfishes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Fl Studio Drum Soundpacks..? Jan. 12th, 2013 @ 05:00 AM Reply

At 1/11/13 04:11 AM, SocietyInfected wrote: Hey, I've been looking all over the internet for free soundpacks to use in Fl Studio. But everytime I search for it, about 97% chance the soundpack will all be loops or either not work properly or just not show up. I use Fl Studio Producer Edition if that helps. I just really need some help on finding good websites to find good drumkit soundpacks (Prefferably Dubstep).

"Soundpacks" or drum sound packs don't necessarily have to be for FL Studio. As long as they are some sort of common audio file they will work in most any DAW.

Not sure if you've only been searching for FL Studio stuff, but maybe you can just look for drum kit sounds in general, as they will work with FL Studio, along with any other DAW.

Also, you can use all those royalty free loops and do what someone else mentioned earlier and layer them. Layering them as they are might not be the best though. 90% of the time when I use a loop, I use load up the basic slicer and drag a loop into there so that it cuts it up so then I can re-arrange the loop and create my own drum beat pattern using those same sounds from the original loop.

Kind of an old school tutorial from Image-Line's old YouTube channel but it still works as of the latest version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v86ztnto2g

I use FL Studio 10 myself for most of my projects. Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions, I have been using FL since Fruity Loops v2 :)

<Professional Composer> <AudioJungle Reviewer>
OFFICIAL MUSIC SITE!
Check out something I did for NATA 2013! Hikarian's winning NATA 2013 Entry

BBS Signature
SocietyInfected
SocietyInfected
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Fl Studio Drum Soundpacks..? Jan. 15th, 2013 @ 02:58 AM Reply

At 1/12/13 05:00 AM, deadlyfishes wrote:
At 1/11/13 04:11 AM, SocietyInfected wrote:

Thank you! I had no idea you could use the slicer with loops, I feel dumb for not thinking about it since when I use loops I always don't feel comfortable with using pre-made loops, I prefer making my own beats :) Thanks for the info :)

ForeverBound
ForeverBound
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Fl Studio Drum Soundpacks..? Jan. 15th, 2013 @ 04:54 AM Reply

try Vengeance Sound Sample Packs. I got them and they just work fine. there are a lot of loops in there witch ofcourse can be used easily but if u want to be more creative there are a lots of snare, hihats, claps, and other percs incluiding build up fx, drop fx a lot of easy to use little breaks and even some vocal samples.

so I recommend those packs because they are easy to use and there is a lot of stuff so that u can create your own drum sounds ;)

BBS Signature