New Topic Respond to this Topic
Slacker013
Slacker013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to The bad relationship thread... Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 03:10 PM Reply

My buddy is about to get married at 19 to a girl who is about 16 or 17... I don't see it lasting. Seems to me to be more of a compulsive move since he's in the Air Force about to go to South Dakota.

Once upon a time...

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The bad relationship thread... Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 03:55 PM Reply

At 1/11/13 02:49 PM, BostonJax wrote: I understand. It sucks. I'm sorry, that is pretty much what just happened with me.
I had so much invested into our relationship & it just sucks that it ended like this. For no reason.
I saw him a few hours ago & asked him if it was really over, as if maybe I was trying to think that some little bit of hope may still be there, but no. He said that he doesn't want to live in my house anymore & doesn't want to be together anymore. I thought that maybe he just needed some time, but now I am starting to think otherwise.
I also understand that this could be the start to a rocky & unstable road ahead, however I am going to hold my head high & keep my positivity... at least I am going to do my best to try to. For now, I am going to go clean out my bedroom & throw all of his shit away... just like he did to me. Perhaps that shall make me feel better.
Maybe it's time that I start dating someone my own age anyhow? Fuck it.

Yeah, thanks for the kind words

I asked mine if it was really over for good...if she still loved me at all...all of that stuff. I just got "I don't know" answers. I still tihnk she has feelings for me based on her texting me every now and then and all that...but last I heard she was dating some guy, started drinking more, and dyed her hair. So who knows if I'll ever even see her again.

Things will get rocky. And, at least was the case with me, you'll endure some of the harshest pain you will ever experience.

But eventually things will get better...even if only slightly.

poxpower
poxpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to The bad relationship thread... Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 05:09 PM Reply

6 years is a long time, you won't get over this fast.

But on the plus side, he's like 20 years older than you and unless he was supporting you financially, you are now much better off as I guarantee you that if you're smart, have no kids, don't live in the ass-end of nowhere, have a job and look the way you do, you can grab yourself a person with twice the man points he had within the week.

Try online dating, see who's out there. You'll have dozens of guys waiting in line just for a chance to date you.

But you probably knew that already ; )

If I was that dude, I'd be sad, unless you're fucking insane, in which case I also would have run away. Haha.

BBS Signature
tarahloveshentai
tarahloveshentai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to The bad relationship thread... Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 06:53 PM Reply

I understand you're heartbroken and you were looking for actual advice or stories to help you out but most of NG has no experience with relationship, especially with ones with such a wife age gap. This would of been better kept as a journal post.

Relationships with wide age gaps don't generally work out and are almost always completely contrasting. As much as it hurts, you should look forward to starting a new life and hopefully dating someone your own age or at least in the ball park.

BBS Signature
BostonJax
BostonJax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Audiophile
Response to The bad relationship thread... Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 07:46 PM Reply

Thank you.
I'm taking advice from all aspects.
Lord knows I can use it at this point.

BBS Signature
ArmouredGRIFFON
ArmouredGRIFFON
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Reader
Response to The bad relationship thread... Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 10:29 PM Reply

At 1/11/13 02:17 AM, BostonJax wrote: Care to share you experiences, strength or hope?

It gets better lovely.

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature
BenwaHakubi
BenwaHakubi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to The bad relationship thread... Jan. 12th, 2013 @ 12:41 AM Reply

Yeah quite a few. Funny to see how crappy my exes lives are now hahaha.

BostonJax
BostonJax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Audiophile
Response to The bad relationship thread... Jan. 13th, 2013 @ 04:32 AM Reply

It does get better.
I already feel better with the few days that have passed.

BBS Signature
LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The bad relationship thread... Jan. 13th, 2013 @ 11:19 AM Reply

At 1/13/13 04:32 AM, BostonJax wrote: It does get better.
I already feel better with the few days that have passed.

Try to hold on to that...because I've reached that phase once or twice, and it doesn't take much to knock you back down

I'm not trying to drag you down, I'm just sayin'

chiefindomer
chiefindomer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The bad relationship thread... Jan. 13th, 2013 @ 01:22 PM Reply

At 1/11/13 04:00 AM, mothballs wrote: I made a news post a few months ago bitching about how my first ever gf cheated on me, but I'm way over it now. I smile whenever I think of the fact that she's a complete failure in life now, has no friends and is a notorious slut. Last thing I told her is that I hope she gets hit by a truck.

It honestly doesn't sound like you're over it. I mean, taking pleasure in the fact that her life is going down the shitter makes it seem like you're still pretty angry at her.

I had a similar situation back when I was in high school. The girl I was dating cheated on me with one of my friends and she got pregnant. Then after she had the kid she soon broke up with him and started going around fucking just about anybody who wanted some pussy. Since she built up this slut reputation nobody wanted to have anything to do with her really. At first, I was like "The dumb bitch is getting what she deserves", but when I got over it I just ended up feeling bad for her and wishing she hadn't made all of those bad choices.

BBS Signature
Ganon-Dorf
Ganon-Dorf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Melancholy
Response to The bad relationship thread... Jan. 13th, 2013 @ 01:28 PM Reply

Attachment has no place in relationships.

BBS Signature
Piemix
Piemix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to The bad relationship thread... Jan. 13th, 2013 @ 03:39 PM Reply

At 1/11/13 02:30 AM, BostonJax wrote: I expected some wise remarks, but it is what it is.
That's the facts.
At 1/11/13 02:26 AM, BostonJax wrote:
At 1/11/13 02:25 AM, Shauna wrote: Please just tell me this is your dad. Please. Uncle...dad....really older brother....
No, that is him. My ex. I don't date people for their looks.... or age for the matter, unless they will end me in jail.

that's because he needs to hit the retirement home and you need to start college you scum

this is the part where i feel bad for going on such a site like this.

seriously, i think this exemplifies perfectly why newgrounds is a haven for losers and creeps. OP, please, don't give the looks excuse. That's pedophilia and you know it, stop the denial.

now i know people are going to try to argue with me, prove me wrong, etc.

Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to The bad relationship thread... Jan. 13th, 2013 @ 04:00 PM Reply

Well good for him, you type like a bitch anyway.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
poxpower
poxpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to The bad relationship thread... Jan. 13th, 2013 @ 04:09 PM Reply

At 1/13/13 03:39 PM, Piemix wrote:
now i know people are going to try to argue with me, prove me wrong, etc.

Well pedophilia is sleeping with kids and she's 30 and therefore not a kid under any medical or legal definition anywhere on earth.

We can thus conclude that this man is not a pedo but a genius who bagged a chick 20 years his junior, as is the goal of every man in advancing years.

BBS Signature