New Topic Respond to this Topic
Nithael
Nithael
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Audiophile
Response to Are you guys all introverts? Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 03:12 AM Reply

I dont see how being on the internet is being an introvert. Most people on the internet speak to hundreds of others every day, thats what the internet is FOR.

Change is inevitable, all you can do is make sure it happens in your favor.
My youtube channel!

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Are you guys all introverts? Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 05:24 AM Reply

At 1/11/13 02:52 AM, GOTHtheDEATHBRINGER wrote:
But are they here to to speak, or to listen? Extroverts are stimulated by their surroundings, so I'd assume they are better listeners. Whereas introverts are essentially "self centered" and would prefer that you listen.

I don't think so. Speaking from experience, I'm a much better listener.

When I need to talk about me then I do it in public (blog) in a longwinded post. I don't do it one to one so someone can give me their full attention. I just need to get stuff out sometimes then I go back to trying to listen to others. If someone wants to know about me then I generally shut them down, but if they want me to know about them, then I'm happy, content even to listen.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
ZeroAsALimit
ZeroAsALimit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Are you guys all introverts? Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 11:47 AM Reply

I'm extroverted. I sometimes get shy around girls, but only if I like them and that is quite rare really. Being extroverted can be a bad thing, I often say things that people find horribly offensive because I'm trying to get a chuckle from them.

Sic semper amicitia!!!
Ambient Music Club.
Sig by Illicit, thankies ^_^

BBS Signature
DevourerJay
DevourerJay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Are you guys all introverts? Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 11:50 AM Reply

I'm not sure quite to label myself... honestly it depends on my mood... I have plenty of IRL friends, I talk to lots of people on the internet as well... hell, I'm posting here... yet i'm not entirely sure...

ZaAL is back?! hi!

DevourerJay~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Sig By Xeno.
Formerly known as MissingNYC

BBS Signature
Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Are you guys all introverts? Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 11:56 AM Reply

I'm so introverted that this is how I spend my Saturday nights.

TheColourAwesome
TheColourAwesome
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Are you guys all introverts? Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 11:58 AM Reply

At 1/10/13 08:27 PM, iamjoe666 wrote: but I still feel like I don't belong in this group.

Probably because you don't know enough people well enough.

BBS Signature
ZeroAsALimit
ZeroAsALimit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Are you guys all introverts? Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 12:09 PM Reply

At 1/11/13 11:50 AM, DevourerJay wrote: I'm not sure quite to label myself... honestly it depends on my mood... I have plenty of IRL friends, I talk to lots of people on the internet as well... hell, I'm posting here... yet i'm not entirely sure...

ZaAL is back?! hi!

Why hello there. I woulod lable you as a balance then, that's what most people are.

Sic semper amicitia!!!
Ambient Music Club.
Sig by Illicit, thankies ^_^

BBS Signature
Light
Light
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 21
Reader
Response to Are you guys all introverts? Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 01:14 PM Reply

At 1/10/13 08:27 PM, iamjoe666 wrote: Is that why you stay on your computer all the time and have online friends instead?

I'm extremely introverted, but I have far more friends in real life than I do online, and I only spend so much time on the computer because It's oh so fun.

For an extreme introvert, I don't seem to have much difficulty making friends and having relationships with other people. I just happen to be a very private person who strongly enjoys his solitude.

I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 17
Voice Actor
Response to Are you guys all introverts? Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 01:27 PM Reply

Probably not all of us, but I'm an introvert myself. I prefer my close friends irl and online although I do enjoy the homosex that goes down on ng chat (you know who you are).

Everywhere I go, there's a sergeant there.

BBS Signature
JBK
JBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Are you guys all introverts? Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 01:33 PM Reply

At 1/11/13 02:52 AM, GOTHtheDEATHBRINGER wrote:
But are they here to to speak, or to listen? Extroverts are stimulated by their surroundings, so I'd assume they are better listeners. Whereas introverts are essentially "self centered" and would prefer that you listen.

We're good listeners because we have little to say because we have no lives. I was always called a loner in school but its not like many people ever actually came up and tried to be friends with me. I never told them to get away from me like an insane person.

"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those pants are just adorable"-Gagsy
Last.fm

BBS Signature
JayMyers
JayMyers
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Voice Actor
Response to Are you guys all introverts? Jan. 13th, 2013 @ 09:55 AM Reply

At 1/13/13 09:53 AM, Amaranthus wrote:
Like, I have successful threads

Wow, ego much?

That's not being egotistical. That's just stating a fact. Maybe he has threads that go on for five or six pages, and can therefore be deemed 'successful'.

Voice Actor

BBS Signature
Drony
Drony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Are you guys all introverts? Jan. 13th, 2013 @ 10:15 AM Reply

At 1/11/13 01:22 AM, GOTHtheDEATHBRINGER wrote: Introverts aren't necessarily shy or lacking in social skills. It is instead that they think better/work better in solitude. Usually when an introverted person does talk it's after having done lots of reflecting, lots of reading, writing, etc etc, and because of that they talk up a storm.

Extroverted people are the opposite, they flock together in groups, and are bored when alone. Introverted people can be equally charismatic and engaging, just not with a group of people.

Wanted to say something along the lines of this as well. An introverted person is not someone who just sits around on the internet all day and avoiding social contact all day, that's being an anti-social person and it's not healthy.

You know your introverted if you rather think introspectively rather than going to someone else with your problem. Or if you have the need to recharge with alone time after doing some socializing.

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to Are you guys all introverts? Jan. 13th, 2013 @ 03:51 PM Reply

y-y-yes w-why...

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Are you guys all introverts? Jan. 13th, 2013 @ 04:06 PM Reply

I'm an introvert. That doesn't mean i don't like to socialize however, or that i'm bad at it.
It's just that being social takes energy (and a lot of it in some situations) whereas it seems as if extroverted people gain energy from it.
I like going to parties, but sometimes i prefer to stay home too.

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
RandomRoarness
RandomRoarness
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to Are you guys all introverts? Jan. 13th, 2013 @ 04:11 PM Reply

At 1/11/13 02:24 AM, Gagsy wrote:
I'm just a mess sometimes.

No, Gagsy, your perfect. Always.

happy, sad....!?

"if you're ever getting buttfucked go with scarlet velvet " - Bantam

BBS Signature
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Are you guys all introverts? Jan. 13th, 2013 @ 04:12 PM Reply

At 1/13/13 04:06 PM, FairSquare wrote: I'm an introvert. That doesn't mean i don't like to socialize however, or that i'm bad at it.
It's just that being social takes energy (and a lot of it in some situations) whereas it seems as if extroverted people gain energy from it.
I like going to parties, but sometimes i prefer to stay home too.

Oh, and i also like to say how it's annoying that most extroverts can not understand that being social drains my energy levels. If i want to leave after a couple of hours socializing, it's not because i don't like the people anymore or i'm having a bad time, i just feel tired and need to be alone to regain energy. How is that difficult to understand?

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature