mnrART
mnrART
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
My first game is about to be finish 2013-01-10 20:02:30 Reply

Hello Newgrounds.
I'm pretty new at uploading stuff on this site, when it comes to a finished project, and would like to use Newgrounds as much as possible and get the most out of it I.

I'm almost finished with my first game, it is still need some more levels and need a âEU<âEU<boss fight.
and some other things but I would think it's time I start asking for advice about the things I am in doubt about.

Music
I need music, but I can just take what is on Newgrounds, do I need ask for permission first, or must I buy it from people, give them share of what the game earn or how dose it function?

Ads / money
You can make money by having ads in the game, but are there things I need to be prepared for, or should I just ignore it and go to other sources?

Other things I should know?
throw a comment or possibly a link to where I can find a lot of knowledge about it and or advice

Here is a bit out dated video, but it kinda gives you a idea of the game, tho there more functions in the game now then what this video shows, like I said, it's a bit out dated ^^
Link to video on Youtube
and please go easy on it, after all it is my first game, and I know it probably going to suck a bit XD lol

Thanks for reading!

My first game is about to be finish

I have a bit of a problem spelling English but I hope you understand me well enough

Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Writer
Response to My first game is about to be finish 2013-01-11 03:54:44 Reply

At 1/10/13 08:02 PM, mnrART wrote: Music
I need music, but I can just take what is on Newgrounds, do I need ask for permission first, or must I buy it from people, give them share of what the game earn or how dose it function?

You can take what is uploaded on Newgrounds. You can enter the IDs of the songs when you upload your stuff. It will then appear in the submission infos, just like here: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/608878

I think you can also determine, if the people who created the music get a share and how much of it, of your income you make from ads.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)