New Topic Respond to this Topic
kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-20 19:03:54 Reply

At 1/10/13 06:12 AM, Skaren wrote: Adventure Time and Regular Show have become like Invader Zim.

So has MLP.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
Mason
Mason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-20 23:55:23 Reply

Finn And Fionna are names of Celtic Adventurers in myth.

BizzarroPMP
BizzarroPMP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-21 00:07:53 Reply

Um Finn is the last human. Meaning he is the last human that hasn't mutated enough to be considered a different species.

Ice king is no longer human, and Marcelene/her dad were vampires during and presumably before the mushroom war.

Also, the lich was a direct result of the bomb going off.

This is all canon btw.

Zeppelyn: Since when does the bladder control the "poo poo"?
convict357: Um, you mean you f*ck chickens, turkeys are male chickens.

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-21 00:24:49 Reply

LISTEN UP I'M NOT FUCKIN' AROUND

I love this show because if you can realize subtle things (for little kids at least), it suddenly turns into a different show.
For example, the land of Ooo is earth after a nuclear war. All throughout the scenery of the show, if you can notice little thing it's obvious this little kid show takes place in some kind of post-apocalyptic realm. They're are actually references to this hidden within the show. Finn and Jake will refer to things being "re-invented", and say things about "the time before magic" Not to mention un-detonated nukes. It's funny because no-one ever confirms it.

Another example (copy pasta) Finn and Jake's tale starts inside Lady Rainicorn's house with Jake bringing Finn a book he found that he believes is a warlock spell-book, which is actually an old pre-war book of nursery rhymes, from which Jake reads "Little Jack Horner," believing it to be a spell
The replacement curse words are also pretty funny in my opinion. Such as "lump" for fuck (lol) and "glob" for god dumbhole like dumb ass, and ass hole. LOL comon guys that's gold.
It also makes a large amount of hidden dirty jokes which honestly just get awkward. I'm not kidding, the characters actually will stand their and act awkward for 5 seconds after these jokes are made.
Also some episodes are just about plot holes in the show itself as if it was a joke, a It'll also get pretty creepy outta nowhere. The sex references are so common when you watch alot you're not even surprised when you find one.

Also a lot of pretty funny violence, The portal to the underworld looks really disturbing.

• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-21 00:27:06 Reply

At 1/21/13 12:24 AM, 372 wrote: LISTEN UP I'M NOT FUCKIN' AROUND

And honestly guys this is newgrounds.com, I think we can all appreciated a good mildly nonsensical cartoon

Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-21 00:27:31 Reply

At 1/21/13 12:07 AM, BizzarroPMP wrote: Marcelene/her dad were vampires during and presumably before the mushroom war.
gonna go full Adventure Time nerd right now so bear with me

Marceline is half vampire/half demon. Her father (Hunson Abadeer) is the ruler of the Nightosphere and is a demon.
Also she was a half demon when the mushroom war started because if you watch the episode Memory Of A Memory you see a young Marceline during the war and she has no bite marks on her neck indicating that she wasn't a vampire at the time.

she also has Hambo which was given to her by The Ice King while he was still human.

Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
dooseyboy
dooseyboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Movie Buff
Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-21 03:35:22 Reply

At 1/10/13 02:21 AM, dangoval95 wrote: I watched it for my first time a couple days ago, with very low standards. It really blew me away. Not only was animation beautiful, but there is an underlying plot of the whole show.
For those of you who have seen the show, what do you think really happened.
Where do Jake and Finn live?
Were the Ice King and Marceline the last two humans?
What is the Lich's significance in the story.
Here is a really significant, (and touching) song also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOdPclXbTWs

keep watching man, the more recent episodes sort of start getting into that stuff.
the ice king/simon has a very big part to play in the current Ooo.

heaps of people hate on it because it has some silly bits to it, but the way it looks, the voices, the characters and lore...
its all so cool and awesome, and blows open the imagination

BBS Signature
xXCostelloXx
xXCostelloXx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-21 03:52:21 Reply

YEAHHHH IM SO GLAD I WASNT THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICED!!!

Like how theres broken technology and shit everywhere.
Or when he tries to conquer his fear of the ocean, theres a sunken modern city?

<3 TwilightFox

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-21 09:50:45 Reply

At 1/21/13 03:52 AM, xXCostelloXx wrote: YEAHHHH IM SO GLAD I WASNT THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICED!!!

Like how theres broken technology and shit everywhere.
Or when he tries to conquer his fear of the ocean, theres a sunken modern city?
the episode is "Ocean Of Fear"

Yeah and if you look inside one of the buildings you see two corpses sitting on a couch.

Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature