00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Adventure Time Theory

3,158 Views | 32 Replies

Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-10 02:21:19

I watched it for my first time a couple days ago, with very low standards. It really blew me away. Not only was animation beautiful, but there is an underlying plot of the whole show.
For those of you who have seen the show, what do you think really happened.
Where do Jake and Finn live?
Were the Ice King and Marceline the last two humans?
What is the Lich's significance in the story.
Here is a really significant, (and touching) song also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOdPclXbTWs

Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-10 02:24:32

the main character is in a coma.

like every other main character of any fantasy adventure cartoon.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-10 02:28:30

The creator (Pendleton Ward) does occasional blogs and interviews. According to him the land of Ooo is earth after a nuclear war. Because of the devastation all of the magic has returned to earth. Also, he said they'll only hint to it and never mention it directly in show.

Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-10 02:30:11

It reminds me of the Regular Show Theory, which I think is true, considering there is an animation released about the characters before the actual show came out. It's called 2 in the AM PM. Basically, Mordecai and Rigby are humans, but there on drugs.

Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-10 03:01:01

Regular show > Adventure Time
hate me.

Don't Click

Personal Website

Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-10 03:57:36

At 1/10/13 02:30 AM, Jeffyx wrote: but there

*they're

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-10 05:46:10

At 1/10/13 03:01 AM, juturnal wrote: Regular show > Adventure Time
hate me.

Nope, you're right.

Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-10 05:59:17

Yeahyuuh

Adventure Time Theory

Don't Click

Personal Website

Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-10 07:29:13

At 1/10/13 06:12 AM, Skaren wrote: Adventure Time and Regular Show have become like Invader Zim, on one hand I feel like they might actually be worth watching, but all of the cancerous scene-girl meme bullshit has caused me to step away. I enjoyed Invader Zim a lot, but I caught it before the bullshit Hot Topic popularity surge.

You hipster you...

| Site | Steam |

BBS Signature

Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-10 07:37:40

my drama class filled with 16/17 year olds said oooooooooooooooooo today

lel

filler text

Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-10 07:44:57

baman and pidaman > adventure time

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-10 08:02:12

At 1/10/13 06:12 AM, Skaren wrote: Adventure Time and Regular Show have become like Invader Zim, on one hand I feel like they might actually be worth watching, but all of the cancerous scene-girl meme bullshit has caused me to step away. I enjoyed Invader Zim a lot, but I caught it before the bullshit Hot Topic popularity surge.

Yeah. My area was slow to that, so I was really able to enjoy the show for longer.

BBS Signature

Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-10 08:26:56

The show is set in a post-Nuclear War setting.

That isn't a fan theory, that's actual been confirmed by the show's creators at multiple points.

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."

- Dale Gribble

Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature

Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-10 08:29:05

At 1/10/13 05:57 AM, supergandhi64 wrote: here's my theory: it's all actually a cartoon for kids

--supergandhi64

Best post I've read from you.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-10 10:56:01

Why do people always think that because something has become popular it's immediately lost all credibility?

Adventure Time is great, just because it's taken a bit of mainstream fame doesn't mean you still can't enjoy it, if you're not interested in having it spoiled for you by the scene kiddies with their fan art and couple talk, then just stay away from that creed like most sane people do.

Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-10 11:25:45

They live in a post apocalyptic earth. This has been confirmed by the creator.

Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-10 11:33:52

I agree..

Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-10 11:38:51

At 1/10/13 10:56 AM, Chazz wrote: Why do people always think that because something has become popular it's immediately lost all credibility?

Because it sucks when an art form becomes a "scene" and everything that made it great and unique is lost to the masses. People stop enjoying it for what it is, and start latching onto it because it's hip. It stops being art, and starts being a fad.

Hot Topic kids have no concept of the finer points of animation or what makes a show like Regular Show as good as it is. Their interpretation of it is "Oh my god, it's so twisted and weird, they said piss", and that's it. It becomes reduced to watered down schlock. It is not admired for it writing or palette choices or animation style, it's admired because it's "cool". People are taking the bare bones appeal of it, and running with it.

Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-10 13:05:24

adventure "dude,bro,awesome ,....tical,princess,sweet,cool" pretty much the entire dialog adventure time is a comedy it fails,it tries to be post apocalyptic science fiction it licks balls for that it fails on all cylinder

if it is a gigantic horrible typo mah bad

Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-10 13:07:45

At 1/10/13 11:38 AM, LemonCrush wrote: Because it sucks when an art form becomes a "scene" and everything that made it great and unique is lost to the masses. People stop enjoying it for what it is, and start latching onto it because it's hip. It stops being art, and starts being a fad.

Hot Topic kids have no concept of the finer points of animation or what makes a show like Regular Show as good as it is. Their interpretation of it is "Oh my god, it's so twisted and weird, they said piss", and that's it. It becomes reduced to watered down schlock. It is not admired for it writing or palette choices or animation style, it's admired because it's "cool". People are taking the bare bones appeal of it, and running with it.

So? Ignore em, just because the masses are fucking idiots doesn't mean that the core group of us who can look at something and respect it for what it is can't enjoy it, the creators know that what got them popular was what they were doing from the beginning, as long as they keep doing that and don't get lead astray by morons, it's fine and we can continue to enjoy it.

Regular Show and Adventure Time are both very strange and out there shows, not everyone has the attention span or brain cells to actually get into it and critique it and we don't need to associate with them.

Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-10 13:08:51

At 1/10/13 11:38 AM, LemonCrush wrote:
At 1/10/13 10:56 AM, Chazz wrote: Why do people always think that because something has become popular it's immediately lost all credibility?
Because it sucks when an art form becomes a "scene" and everything that made it great and unique is lost to the masses. People stop enjoying it for what it is, and start latching onto it because it's hip. It stops being art, and starts being a fad.

What does at matter as long as you think you're enjoying it for the right reasons? Do you think you know what and why people should be enjoying things? It sounds like you do.

Try and respond to that without just saying your first post in a more angry way, like you always do.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-10 13:13:07

At 1/10/13 11:38 AM, LemonCrush wrote: Because it sucks when an art form becomes a "scene" and everything that made it great and unique is lost to the masses. People stop enjoying it for what it is, and start latching onto it because it's hip. It stops being art, and starts being a fad.

Let's pass a regulation setting limit of fans on certain product. And if there are more than the regulation forsees - let's start shooting them. How about that art lord?

Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-10 14:59:12

At 1/10/13 03:00 AM, superdan123 wrote:
At 1/10/13 02:30 AM, Jeffyx wrote: It reminds me of the Regular Show Theory, which I think is true, considering there is an animation released about the characters before the actual show came out. It's called 2 in the AM PM. Basically, Mordecai and Rigby are humans, but there on drugs.
where did you hear this.

Watch the video that I linked.

Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-10 15:18:26

At 1/10/13 01:08 PM, Otto wrote: What does at matter as long as you think you're enjoying it for the right reasons? Do you think you know what and why people should be enjoying things? It sounds like you do.

Try and respond to that without just saying your first post in a more angry way, like you always do.

Anger? Sorry, did my grown up words hurt your baby ears?

If you actually read my post, you'd see I said nothing about dictating who can/should like what, for what reasons. I just said it sucks when good art gets reduced to meme and hot topic culture.

Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-10 15:22:29

At 1/10/13 01:13 PM, Makakaov wrote: Let's pass a regulation setting limit of fans on certain product. And if there are more than the regulation forsees - let's start shooting them. How about that art lord?

How about, you shoot yourself, and we call it a day?

Again, I never said anything about limiting what people like, or regulating why they should like things.

Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-10 15:26:45

Honestly though, Adventure Time is really worth watching. Despite the Hot Topic scene being obnoxious about it, it is certainly worth it.

Story wise, it's really interesting. And I mean that.

BBS Signature

Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-20 19:03:54

At 1/10/13 06:12 AM, Skaren wrote: Adventure Time and Regular Show have become like Invader Zim.

So has MLP.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-20 23:55:23

Finn And Fionna are names of Celtic Adventurers in myth.

Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-21 00:24:49

LISTEN UP I'M NOT FUCKIN' AROUND

I love this show because if you can realize subtle things (for little kids at least), it suddenly turns into a different show.
For example, the land of Ooo is earth after a nuclear war. All throughout the scenery of the show, if you can notice little thing it's obvious this little kid show takes place in some kind of post-apocalyptic realm. They're are actually references to this hidden within the show. Finn and Jake will refer to things being "re-invented", and say things about "the time before magic" Not to mention un-detonated nukes. It's funny because no-one ever confirms it.

Another example (copy pasta) Finn and Jake's tale starts inside Lady Rainicorn's house with Jake bringing Finn a book he found that he believes is a warlock spell-book, which is actually an old pre-war book of nursery rhymes, from which Jake reads "Little Jack Horner," believing it to be a spell
The replacement curse words are also pretty funny in my opinion. Such as "lump" for fuck (lol) and "glob" for god dumbhole like dumb ass, and ass hole. LOL comon guys that's gold.
It also makes a large amount of hidden dirty jokes which honestly just get awkward. I'm not kidding, the characters actually will stand their and act awkward for 5 seconds after these jokes are made.
Also some episodes are just about plot holes in the show itself as if it was a joke, a It'll also get pretty creepy outta nowhere. The sex references are so common when you watch alot you're not even surprised when you find one.

Also a lot of pretty funny violence, The portal to the underworld looks really disturbing.

Response to Adventure Time Theory 2013-01-21 00:27:06

At 1/21/13 12:24 AM, 372 wrote: LISTEN UP I'M NOT FUCKIN' AROUND

And honestly guys this is newgrounds.com, I think we can all appreciated a good mildly nonsensical cartoon